Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update your front page!

Update your front page!

Update your darned front page for crying out loud!

I'd even be willing to do it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

And while you are at it add a wow style armory page so people can get hints on what gear or perks that are good.

Big bump. The AO home page is the first place that most new people will go to, to find out a bit about AO. It is so badly out of date right now, the first impression people get will probably be a bad one.

Bump. Again, I work at a webdeveloper where we offer hosted CMS with unlimited support. And we're cheap. And 2/3rds of us played AO. Call me
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm pretty sure a few players are able to put something sexy together in like wordpress?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradoroz View Post
    I'm pretty sure a few players are able to put something sexy together in like wordpress?
    Have alex11 design it.

BUMP! I'd be embarrassed if this was my game with the current site.

Online Marketing / Brand ePresence is a big part of my job. I'd love to get my hands on AOs website and social media for a day.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Have alex11 design it.
    You mean this masterpiece? Too good for AO - http://web.archive.org/web/200802011...om/welcome.htm

Besides, all of the cool kids are playing MrcredsAlexRPG now: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Mrcr...mrcredsalexrpg

You can expect his kind of drama from the game:
    The world where you got awaits... what?
    ~ riveting!

Perhaps you are feeling, how to say... ah yes, fancy? - http://www.kongregate.com/games/Mrcr...guy-adventures

Or just bask in the glow of high level gaming with your host, MrcredsAlex -
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MrcredsAlex

BTW, whoever got a -1 on Alex's name should be ashamed.

Ponder this and despair AO Devs! This is game development!

Explore everything! For example, if you are super fancy and hold up and hit a cloud, it transforms to orange, otherwise, to blue. Kill spiders with your hair. Go far right and do moves with the move chooser
    That is just the description from "The fancy guy adventures". Read it and weep. Then hire Alex11 already.

This has been suggested a million times, but really they don't care about their website or the forums for that matter, if you think the website is outdated... the forums are even worse.
    Included - lvl 153 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Included1 View Post
    This has been suggested a million times, but really they don't care about their website or the forums for that matter, if you think the website is outdated... the forums are even worse.
    It really makes me worried to be honest. You'd THINK that for a company trying to be serious in promoting a product they would give a darn about first impressions and presentation. The constant neglect makes my paranoia work overrdrive that they don't update it because they are trying to milk every penny out of their customers before closing servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Included1 View Post
    How do you mean, like with all the dev posts and such, that's worse than a website that wasn't updated for 6 months? Man, you and I have some very different interpretations of the word "worse"
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Someone in another thread mentioned that the "coming soon" link leads to...well, nothing (engine? rebalance? hello?), but I think my favorite part is that the most recent entry on the 'featured content' page is...Alappaa!

The devs are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they update the website before the engine and server merge they'll get ripped for spending time on that and not working on the other two things. My guess is the website revamp is coming at the same time as the merge and engine. A relaunch of everything at once.

Seriously, FC shouyld assign one man to take care of homepage, because a its current state, it looks terrible abondoned
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Howabout the logon screen? Still speaks of december 1st.

I like the ads for Lost Eden
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    The devs are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they update the website before the engine and server merge they'll get ripped for spending time on that and not working on the other two things. My guess is the website revamp is coming at the same time as the merge and engine. A relaunch of everything at once.
    Website update != website revamp. Reread this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    I don't think the development team currently at work on the new engine is responsible for the website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast