Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: its nice to see one guy loot 50x ql 300 miy armor from1 huge org when rest dont get.

One might almost think there was collusion here ... what are the odds that this would even happen? Did no one else get what was happening there?

I'm all for the AO approach to distributing loot but if they are going to make the rewards lucrative, then they should perhaps rethink the frequency. Sounds to me like a GM got bored. I remember the last time a GM got bored ... someone's twinks got stripped. FC shouldn't let GM's get bored.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 30th, 2012 at 16:36:20.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by BoB_Stalky View Post
    I'm afraid your information is quite wrong, we had 2 teams, most of which were dual logged people.

So us overpowering with sheer numbers can't be true, as i'm sure there were 40+ people on that hill along with us.
    You know there are two servers right? You don't think most of the people at that raid were not dual logged as well? Makes you wonder when people act like only the group of 30 did anything to try and win that day when they simply zerged with more numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    Outragious that one group should be allowed to take all the winnings at an event simply because they managed to kill all the things!
    I mean; its just not fair to all those others who participated and ... well failed but - their hearts were in the right place!
    Pity prizes for everyone I say! Nobody should ever lose.
    And while we're at it - Prizes for people like myself who were logged off at the time. Just because I had a chronological disadvantage dosn't mean i don't deserve phatz!
    I would not be whining or care if it was one large event mob that a massive team happened to OD everyone else at. They took ALL the freaking event bosses. That is just greedy. They did not just farm their own, they killed the ones OTHERS spawned as well. That is greedy.

So let's be clear about this, and stop making it out like I am whining simply because we were OD'd. I am pissed that even when we spawn our own target, a larger group can come over and kill our mob while going back to killing theirs. Did they honestly need every damn event boss to themselves, and you want to support people like that as well?

The event could have been situated better rather than benefitting one group. If you do not think that is an issue that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that events should be for everyone and not just one org.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    A group owns all.

It is what AO is about. No one owns a mob, you do enough DD you win the loot.
    Pocket bosses
    City raid generals
    Quest bosses

I believe when we put effort into spawning our own boss that we technically owned that mob, and coming over to OD us is nothing short of poor gamesmanship. What good are events like that?

I bet if I looked through the thread, most of you trolling those of us who thought this event was designed poorly could be seen complaining about point bots or zerg pande/APF raids too. You realize it is the same issue when one group controls everything and others are not given the opportunity to put forth effort and acquire rewards on their own?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 30th, 2012 at 20:32:47. Reason: obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Well if people are going to complain because 1 combat event didn't give them all free loot then why should the people who do events be bothered to do anymore?
    Well when you find someone complaining about not getting free loot at a combat event let me know. Those of us complaining have legitimate complaints about being ZERGED and OD'd by a larger org even when we try to kill event mobs of our own.

Someone does something wrong, or executes something poorly, you complain. This is how things get changed and improved. If every event was like this...well I am sure everyone misses their point bots and zerg raids where a few players controlled the loot rights for an entire server don't you? Effort should be rewarded, people willing to put forth the effort should have a chance.

My main issue is that these events have been going on since the start of AO, 300 miys have dropped from them (other combat events, other non combat events etc) and yet only NOW do you state that its unfair because YOU didn't get the loot this time and thus its all unbalancing and unfair.

If this was true then you should have complained about random events from the moment you found out they happened, not just when you went to one and didn't get any loot from it.

The fact that those complaining about this event are only really complaining because they lost the loot means its not so much an issue with the event it self (sure fair loot would be great but that's what non combat events are for and such) and more the fact that your feeling entitled to something your not.

And you did have a chance, its just the other groups did better, sure its annoying not being able to OD someone, but when your complaining about being zerged by a group of people who have stated had around the same number of people as you...

I wonder if this thread would exist if you won the loot?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I wonder if this thread would exist if you won the loot?
    Pretty much this.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Haha I wasn't there but I imagine how it went down. The most powerful team attacking boss won.

Where is teh drama? Imagine if least powerful team won? Imagine the drama then. AO spoonfeeds top farmers. In this farmocracy we live in there is no room for feeble 1 man orgs. You either bring force or you don't come at all, only question is why don't many orgs merge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I would not be whining or care if it was one large event mob that a massive team happened to OD everyone else at. They took ALL the freaking event bosses. That is just greedy. They did not just farm their own, they killed the ones OTHERS spawned as well. That is greedy.
    Sounds to me like you've never played Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Did they honestly need every damn event boss to themselves, and you want to support people like that as well?
    As you well know - humans in the frenzy of a contest want to win - and win big. Something so singular like this dosn't often turn up in AO very often. I mean we knock eachothers towers down but there arn't so many occurances where one bunch can so irreversibly best the rest as towers can be reclaimed and rebuilt - and there is always "next" tara...

As a playerbase we're not used to taking a loss from which you can't so easily rally a responce and strike back.

Do i support it? Not exactly; but i'll not be found standing in the way of it - and if such an event occurs again, i can't say I wouldn't be fighting for my friends/org/side. Might even be praying for one of those random NT supernukes.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 30th, 2012 at 20:33:30.

You know there are two servers right? You don't think most of the people at that raid were not dual logged as well? Makes you wonder when people act like only the group of 30 did anything to try and win that day when they simply zerged with more numbers.

So let's be clear about this, and stop making it out like I am whining simply because we were OD'd. I am pissed that even when we spawn our own target, a larger group can come over and kill our mob while going back to killing theirs. Did they honestly need every damn event boss to themselves, and you want to support people like that as well?

The event could have been situated better rather than benefitting one group. If you do not think that is an issue that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that events should be for everyone and not just one org.

Pocket bosses
    City raid generals
    Quest bosses

I believe when we put effort into spawning our own boss that we technically owned that mob, and coming over to OD us is nothing short of poor gamesmanship. What good are events like that?

I bet if I looked through the thread, most of you trolling those of us who thought this event was designed poorly could be seen complaining about point bots or zerg pande/APF raids too. You realize it is the same issue when one group controls everything and others are not given the opportunity to put forth effort and acquire rewards on their own?
    No you are right. Player spawned mobs aren't subject to the normal rule. But considering that a few people have asked what exactly happened and no one has elaborated on the details it is hard to show sympathy for what happened. From what I have gathered in this thread previously was that it was a GM event and GM spawned mobs or bosses and people came and killed.

I wasn't at this event, I didn't hear about this event, I didn't know this event was going to take place (Because apparently some people knew it was going to take place prior to it happening).

From what I am getting from what you just said is that there was multiple areas of mobs spawning, the groups objective was to clear out the mobs in an area and then the boss would spawn? That sounds like an open world event to me.

Maybe you can enlighten me and others as to what the event actually involved. Details please.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Dec 30th, 2012 at 21:49:27. Reason: Last edited by Anarrina because she loves me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    They did. Everyone was free to gather friends and make a team...
    You know better as well, but I get your point. There are always pro's and con's about planning this stuff but for people attending that don't play AO since the brink of time and don't have the people to back there team should not end last wile participating the best they can..

Example:
    FC can track dd logs and do some kind of "active" before, during and at the end of the events? Well all attenders accourding to there time spend during that event (and perhaps sorted by dd or activity?) could be properly rewarded and not just by giving loot rights but by distrubuting the Collector type of rewards. Gold top 20%, Silver next 30%, Bronze the next 50% and a thank you T-shirt for the people that did show up but didn't do sh!t. (Just pulling number out of my behind...)

Perhaps FC did think about stuff like this but FC could try harder and make it a real blast for every one...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    You know better as well, but I get your point. There are always pro's and con's about planning this stuff but for people attending that don't play AO since the brink of time and don't have the people to back there team should not end last wile participating the best they can..

Example:
    FC can track dd logs and do some kind of "active" before, during and at the end of the events? Well all attenders accourding to there time spend during that event (and perhaps sorted by dd or activity?) could be properly rewarded and not just by giving loot rights but by distrubuting the Collector type of rewards. Gold top 20%, Silver next 30%, Bronze the next 50% and a thank you T-shirt for the people that did show up but didn't do sh!t. (Just pulling number out of my behind...)

Perhaps FC did think about stuff like this but FC could try harder and make it a real blast for every one...
    The big flaw in your idea's is that these events are very rarely done by Funcom, rather there done by ARK which I doubt have intimate access to the game needed to monitor and adjust the mechanics of the game like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Gold top 20%, Silver next 30%, Bronze the next 50% and a thank you T-shirt for the people that did show up but didn't do sh!t.
    i like this idea

i dont really care about miy's armor, but i would like to see damage parse of the fight and players grouped by raid groups. that would most likely show who deserves the loot..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

The big flaw in your idea's is that these events are very rarely done by Funcom, rather there done by ARK which I doubt have intimate access to the game needed to monitor and adjust the mechanics of the game like that.
    This is correct.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    This is correct.
    The idea itselves wasn't that bad right...

So flaw found and confirmed, perhaps FC can do something with this knowledge and upgrade the ARK's "pop-randoms-mob-button-and-call-it-an-event" into a "Event-button" ...

This event button might do the following...

A) Spawn announcement Mob's all around RK / SL... Timer till Event (This system is ingame: Gauntlet announcement mob thingie but bigger...). Make it a nice light show, flight by with spaceships, the whole shebang... Sell it the right way.
    B) Pop mob('s) of ARK's choice at specific location, size and coolness (This they can do already).
    C) Mob checks agro list, afk and/or vicinity etc. for attending players at start, 75% hp 50% hp 25% hp etc. till it dies... (Would this be realy hard to code?)
    D) Collector loot distribution mechanism for the people showing up in point C) and blablabla (tl, activeness and dancing) criteria... (Is partially ingame, add a few codezors)
    E) A 4h non removable turd-pie-hat: for the once that did nothink. (Designer stuff

From point C -> E could be automated so no ARK has to do hard computering stuffskills.

Call it an event...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Dec 30th, 2012 at 22:41:58. Reason: Not ironing out the details...

Competition keeps things enjoyable.

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Guess all the crying worked, free 300 miys for everyone now!
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I agree. This is why we should ban orgs and friendships. To prevent such silly things as cooperation.
    Truth is i really dont have the right to complain, since I was too lazy playing another game to waste my time at this event.
    But I agree with lazy bad orgs and friendship and heck with cooperation. NAW jk everyone else should just join a big active org. Make a lot of friends then maybe they can actually enjoy events.
    The biggest DD gets everything first, thats AO get over it.

I just want to thank the ARK's and GM's for at least trying to make the game fun again and giving people a fun time.
    Just because the same people usually always benefit first and a lot for people are screwed in the meantime, doesnt change the fact that they had good intentions.
    We live in a beautiful world

Honestly if clans were the ones to get all the loot, i wouldn't create a thread to /cry about it. As somebody stated in previous posts, these things are RARELY done by FC, and we should be happy that these things actually happen.

As for omni winning loot, well we were better organised. We had people actually organize that 'mindless zerg' you are talking about. Nobody was denied this, some just were not able to gather as many as the others.

Back in '07 or '08, i don't even remember, when I looted those G2's off that giant leet in bore (at the time they were the only items that allowed ql300 EOE being equipped on opi i think), we had drama, but i guess these kind of unique items only drop a limited time, and honestly, those who get it usually deserve it, simply because they had a better raid/dd/speed of gathering whatever... i hope you get the point.

I would really like that you accept what happened, and don't make such a big deal out of this. But when this happens again, actually try harder!

/Khrys
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    Guess all the crying worked, free 300 miys for everyone now!
    Oh, did I miss another event ? :/

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast