Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: its nice to see one guy loot 50x ql 300 miy armor from1 huge org when rest dont get.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    It was your own fault for following us around till there where about 4 towers left, nobody stopped you from killing multiple towers at the same time spawning multiple bosses but you only tried that with one tower, at the end.
    We tried a few times, we could not get the towers down with our group and our DD toons were dieing from the damage they produced (hard to keep dual-logged DD toons alive). It was not until there were about 7 or 8 towers left that we learned we needed an enforcer with troll form perked to kill the towers. Before our enforcer showed up another enforcer from a random group came over and perked our tower for us, at this point there were about 4 towers left. Our enforcer perked our boss mob so we could start to kill it.

The event hardly lasted any time at all, would you really blame us for not learning a new raid mechanic until the end of an event that took place so quickly? Was ODing us on just one boss really necessary either, especially when another boss was already spawned?

Wrong, we weren't aware of an event happening until we got the same message everyone else got. We where just lucky enough to have someone who plays on both servers online at that moment. He was at the RK 1 version of it and told us what was gonna happen along the way. The 4-5 teams we gatherd where just from people who where online at that moment.

Reality and what actually happens > your guessing and assuming.
    I stand corrected, but the fact that you had access to 4-5 teams worth of people does not change (dual-logged I am sure but still a large force). The way your orgmate said you guys were warned about the raid and had 5 teams ready also leads one to assume something different.

Also 2 days later (last sunday) there was another Cyborg event where everyone got invited to a large RK mission full of lvl 250 mobs who dropped 2 items each. Upon returning to the GM/ARK that was running the event everyone could turn in 1 item and get 2 pieces of 300 miy armor.
    Sounds like they accepted a suggestion to make an event everyone could participate in, and decided not to let one org have 5 sets of twinking armor. Had this event occured in the first place, there would be no complaints from anyone.

Just accept the fact there are different kind of events, and that some of them involve DD contests where not everyone wins and others dont.
    DD contest events are fine, but not one where 1 org gets a dozen or more bosses to themselves while others end up with nothing. Something is wrong if that happens. I am beginning to wonder if you would have accepted the way this raid was if your org was not the winning one. You did seem upset when more players had access to the 300 miy's rather than just your group, but I do not know how you are personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I think anyone doing an event and getting OD'd 12 times on 12 different bosses and not realizing they need more people in their team isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you know what i mean.

i mean, even the thickest of labrats would figure out what to do in a situation like this.
    We could not get enough in our raid at that time zone for that event, it is as simple as that. If the event lasted several hours sure, but not at the speed that event took place. It was unlucky, but the event could have been done in a way to avoid what happened none-the-less. This is the point of my argument.

Unless you have a way to literally spawn more players to participate I really do not see how you can expect us to generate 20 more reasonably strengthed randoms in a few minutes time. Our group was not the only one there, there were other omni groups and probably a group of randoms. If we had more time we might have tried to combine with one of the groups of randoms, but that is not something easily coordinated in 30-45 minutes in the middle of the event taking place.

My only issue for my group is that an org that already killed practically every boss there decided to rush over and OD us on one we spawned. My issue for the event is that no one besides that one org won any loot rights. You see the difference? It is the fact that there must have been other larger groups participating but none of them could win either.

Imagine an event where no teaming was allowed, but everyone participated. Out of 100 people 1 would probably be the top damage dealer. Have one boss spawn at a time, and watch as that 1 top damage dealer wins loot every time. After 10 bosses, that one player winning loot rights on every boss, he also loots every single item from each boss, both valuable and social ones, even extras of things.

Would it be a DD event? Yes. Does it follow everything most of you are supporting in this thread? Yes. Would you all still support it as a good event or would you feel it was unfair?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 1st, 2013 at 19:39:47.

Ok here's the rundown of the event:

Borg threat message appeared across the server.

Upon getting to coords in message there was a large amount of low level cyborgs.

Cyborgs kept spawning and increasing in level, occasionally some of these lower level cyborgs would drop sets of miys armour along with the normal borg drops.

After a while the borgs hit level 200 and moved across the island upto an area with around 12-15 cyborg towers spawned in a circle.

Towers had high heal delta (healing about half its health every second) upon killing them a big level 300 cyborg appeared, upon killing them they either had regular dynaboss loot or some sets of ql 300 miys (about 4 of them maybe seemed to have miys, and not always full sets)

The last 4 towers downed spawned Master Augmenters, when killed 2 of these dropped ql 300 empty implants, the final 2 dropped a lot of ql 300 jobe clusters.

Sounds like a simple case of someone not accepting game mechanics and being a complainy pants.

I don't even bother with these types of events any longer. First thing they should fix is the RI and how it works with lootrights.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Sounds like a simple case of someone not accepting game mechanics and being a complainy pants.
    In a sense you are correct. The game mechanics allowed one group to win lootrights on every boss when there were a large group of participants in the event as well as a dozen or more bosses.

I do not accept game mechanics that allow one group to be greedy and win everything at an event that should be an enjoyable end of the year activity, and therefore I complain on the forums. It is my opinion, just as others have the opinion that the raid was perfectly fine and there were no issues with it.

My only trouble in this thread is when people called me and everyone else who was upset about the event lazy, stupid, whiny, loot-beggars. A little more maturity and some actual consideration rather than blind trolling would have left this a more productive discussion.

I'll put my 2 cents in here as well.

Bottom line is IF the accusations are true and one org/raid was able to bogart all of the bosses and loot of a holiday event that is meant for everyone to enjoy then it is as much of a player conduct issue as it is a oor design by Funcom.

In Funcom's defense, they had probably hoped players would treat their fellow players with respect, take their fair share and let others enjoy the challenge and spoils of a HOLIDAY event. You know what holiday it is? Yea, the one that promote sharing and giving. The accused party had that opportunity and decided to fill their own banks instead. Poor form and a disgusting behavior that remains a blotch on an organization's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    In Funcom's defense, they had probably hoped players would treat their fellow players with respect, take their fair share and let others enjoy the challenge and spoils of a HOLIDAY event. You know what holiday it is? Yea, the one that promote sharing and giving.
    i dont know why you're assuming everyone celebrates the same holidays you do.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    I'll put my 2 cents in here as well.

Bottom line is IF the accusations are true and one org/raid was able to bogart all of the bosses and loot of a holiday event that is meant for everyone to enjoy then it is as much of a player conduct issue as it is a oor design by Funcom.

In Funcom's defense, they had probably hoped players would treat their fellow players with respect, take their fair share and let others enjoy the challenge and spoils of a HOLIDAY event. You know what holiday it is? Yea, the one that promote sharing and giving. The accused party had that opportunity and decided to fill their own banks instead. Poor form and a disgusting behavior that remains a blotch on an organization's reputation.
    To be honest, if everyone continued to try and attack the same towers and win DD on the same bosses everytime, it really would not have been an issue because it would mean players chose to fight a losing battle and the largest group was simply participating.

I think they might have invited far too many players just to be a massive org. When you can zerg everyone you act like a zerg, your mentality changes and everything. I don't think they are necessarily greedy or bad players either, I think they got caught up in an event they were dominating and took it too far is all.

Thread Summary:
    - There was an ARK event where a single org won all lootrights because they had the largest raidforce and the most damage (this is how the game is designed; if your complaint is here you're probably playing the wrong game).

- A couple clan crybabies (i'm -not- include gate here) post because they didn't get phats which they feel they are entitled to.

- Omni's explain that the most damage wins the loot; this is how it works. We know damn well clanners wouldn't have shared loot with us so the whole 'everyone should share' sentiment is disingenuous at best.

- Gate enters thread and is complaining not with the results, but with FC/ARK's execution of the event, while getting lots of trolling from people who don't realize he's complaining about the system and not the loot winners.

My Thoughts (having been there):
    - Winning group did NOT know about the raid. As Toy has said, we saw the message just like everyone else and figured something good was going down.

- We do have an orgmate that plays on RK1 (we aren't the only org with that...) who gave us a heads-up on what was happening. We then gathered as big a raid as we could with orgmates and another org (TONS of common friends between the orgs) and won damage. We looted phats, shared amongst the people/orgs that were in the raid, and we were happy.

- Combat events are based on damage. We had 5 teams while the opposing raid had about two. Clearly we won, get over it. The only people entitled to loot in a combat even in AO are the ones that win damage (with a couple very minor exceptions that are not particularly relevant here.)

- An even occurred two days later which was not the same type of combat event, allowing ALL participants to obtain phat ql300 miy, albeit less at a time (which is fair to me given the effort required, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I think they might have invited far too many players just to be a massive org. When you can zerg everyone you act like a zerg, your mentality changes and everything. I don't think they are necessarily greedy or bad players either, I think they got caught up in an event they were dominating and took it too far is all.
    Now this quote I do take issue on, Gate. Our org is growing very large, but we do not have a single 'random' in there who is not already friends with at least a couple members. Our acceptance is rather strict and we do not accept players 'just to be a massive org.' This sentiment is not founded on any facts at all, and i guarantee that all of Para is on the same page here as we have recently turned away several applicants (which your logic would not have us do).
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Now this quote I do take issue on, Gate. Our org is growing very large, but we do not have a single 'random' in there who is not already friends with at least a couple members. Our acceptance is rather strict and we do not accept players 'just to be a massive org.' This sentiment is not founded on any facts at all, and i guarantee that all of Para is on the same page here as we have recently turned away several applicants (which your logic would not have us do).
    Glad to hear it is different, as I have been in orgs that did mass recruitment and blindly recruited lots of players. Generally for an org to be very large they need to invite randoms, so it was an assumption on my part that your org might have invited players who were not of the quality I would expect from Paradise (no I do not believe only clan has quality orgs). It probably explains why a lot of the TL7 wars have been so difficult

I have no issue with Paradise, I simply did not like the event allowing players to be overly competitive and dominate too completely. It could have been any org and any group, the results would have been the same. That event should never have been controlled by one group regardless of who it was or what faction they were, and it was the design of the event which is at fault.

Wrong, we weren't aware of an event happening until we got the same message everyone else got. We where just lucky enough to have someone who plays on both servers online at that moment. He was at the RK 1 version of it and told us what was gonna happen along the way. The 4-5 teams we gatherd where just from people who where online at that moment.
    I love u too, dw
    Punk

220/30 Doctor - 220/30 Advie - 220/30 Shade - 220/30 Soldier - 220/21 Agent - 220/20 MP - 200/30 Enforcer - 161/22 Trader

Also what makes people think this was a holiday event? it had no holiday theme that I could see, the only "holiday" thing about it is that it happened somewhat near a holiday (several days AFTER the holiday and all)

simple fact is, thats the way those events work, they've happened hundreds of times before (different mobs and loots etc) over the years and I daresay they will happen hundreds more, if you find how they work bad then either try joining ark and changing it or look for the OTHER events they run.

this thread belongs in the permanent archives of MMO whines imo. Means is working on a game for little girls, and it has ponies in it, some of you should hit him up for a free trial.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Sounds like a great event. Org strength is paramount. If you're insisting that your 3 man org should be as viable as the 30 man org, you're obviously wrong.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Also what makes people think this was a holiday event? it had no holiday theme that I could see, the only "holiday" thing about it is that it happened somewhat near a holiday (several days AFTER the holiday and all).

Christmas "holiday". The one preceding the other "holiday" widely known as the end of "Gregorian" calendar year 2012.

A borg "holiday" sammich. Very "Wagner."

Obtuse: not quick or alert in perception or intellect; dull.

No one thought to bring a flag??? Curl up next to the Enfo/NT/Engie and watch the fun. Some of the best old Pande Raid Force x3 incidents were where one if not more groups kept flags going to the Lair.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    No one thought to bring a flag??? Curl up next to the Enfo/NT/Engie and watch the fun. Some of the best old Pande Raid Force x3 incidents were where one if not more groups kept flags going to the Lair.
    They tried, but failed miserably as we're not newbs and didn't take flags from them... these tactics only work on newbs/afkers that are too newb/afk to realize there are flags and avoid AoEs.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    Also what makes people think this was a holiday event? it had no holiday theme that I could see, the only "holiday" thing about it is that it happened somewhat near a holiday (several days AFTER the holiday and all).

Christmas "holiday". The one preceding the other "holiday" widely known as the end of "Gregorian" calendar year 2012.

A borg "holiday" sammich. Very "Wagner."

Obtuse: not quick or alert in perception or intellect; dull.

You still haven't explained how this was a Holiday event.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    You still haven't explained how this was a Holiday event.
    It happened -near- the holiday, duh!

Just like whenever FC does something in May, it's for my birthday!

/logic'd
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    It happened -near- the holiday, duh!

Just like whenever FC does something in May, it's for my birthday!

/logic'd
    checkmate atheists.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast