Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testlive post merge - noticed stuff.

Testlive post merge - noticed stuff.

1. The global research is gone.
    2. The city voucher and token for it all yes-drop.
    3. Old buildings are nodrop now.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

1. Intended
    2. Will have to check with a designer
    3. Intended
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    1. Intended
    3. Intended
    For number 1, is that intended for TL or is that an intended change for the test live server?

Chat issues with froob toon, renamed...

Reserve2740676238

Ole's Cardboard Box - In some cases broken, same issue as previously with test transfer: "Can't pick up item. You don't own it."
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jan 19th, 2013 at 00:29:43.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Cannot move my mouse over to my second monitor unless I decide to minimize anarchy online client.

Also my character is still under merge process - Is there any prioritizing made for the merge? (as in, will you merge the active characters first).

EDIT: Where do I find my AppData folder? :S (Win7)
    Last edited by Hardcore; Jan 19th, 2013 at 00:39:19.

Been 8ish minutes waiting to be merged also

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Well is it intended that the Testclient doesn't start at all ? Looks like the Awsomium.dll is the reason...

CrashLog:
    Code:
    Exception code: 80000003 BREAKPOINT
    Fault address:  00D3DE50 01:0034CE50 C:\Funcom\Testserver\Awesomium.dll

Registers:
    EAX:00000000
    EBX:00000010
    ECX:74BE2E09
    EDX:00000000
    ESI:0019EDE0
    EDI:0019EDE8
    CS:EIP:0023:00D3DE50
    SS:ESP:002B:0019ED24  EBP:0019EF94
    DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
    Flags:00000246
    Fpu control: 0x9001f

Stack: From adr 0019ED24
    00D2456C 00000400 041A8000 0019F048 0000004B 00000000 0019EDE4 00000000 0119163C 041A48E0 
    01190D45 00000076 009FB8C2 0417A080 0019F048 0019EF94 00000401 00000076 0000007F 51CD5C2D 
    00A169D4 041A7000 00000000 0000000F 0B71FC78 72657375 7461642D 69642D61 00730072 0000000D 

Call stack:
    Address   Frame     Logical addr  Module
    00D3DE50  0019EF94  0001:0034CE50 C:\Funcom\Testserver\Awesomium.dll
    00A1355C  041A7004  0001:0002255C C:\Funcom\Testserver\Awesomium.dll
    <end>
    Last edited by Trosky; Jan 19th, 2013 at 00:42:14. Reason: Crash Log
    Trosky - Level 220 RK3 Fixer - AORS.de -
    Veteran of Black Thorns

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Cannot move my mouse over to my second monitor unless I decide to minimize anarchy online client.

Also my character is still under merge process - Is there any prioritizing made for the merge? (as in, will you merge the active characters first).

EDIT: Where do I find my AppData folder? :S (Win7)
    Using windowed mode? It works fine on my dual monitor setup, XP 7600GT not bordeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Where do I find my AppData folder? :S (Win7)
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\(some random string)\Testserver\Prefs

(Letter):\Documents and Settings\(User name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Funcom\Anarchy Online

For XP

Thank you guys, I was able to resolve all the issues. Now i'm just waiting for my account to merged into testLive

Only 8 character slots for paid accounts ... is this intended for Test-Live to keep us guessing? Or, an account billing thing that has to wait until 18.6 gets to Live server?

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Been 8ish minutes waiting to be merged also
    *taps foot*

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

If city plot/upkeep prices are wrong as listed in the known issues ...

What is the correct plot prices and upkeep? What is the correct amount rent should change for each bldg added?

Kinnik

Edit: Is the tax lady supposed to be receptive to org leaders? I tried to talk to her to setup and/or review our tax refund but she would only "show me the door".

Edit: Also, be very careful with the City Plot Voucher item ... you can think you are "using" it and instead you end up purchasing the city plot with your toon's credits.

Edit: The player city bldgs need to have their plot size and benefit received noted as part of the item description ... from the bldg vendor descriptions ... so you know how much increased rent to expect and if it will fit where you want to put it, etc. ... Before you purchase it.

Edit: Was the toon/guild name algorithym used ... ie if my name did not change does that mean I will keep it when 18.6 goes to Live server?
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jan 19th, 2013 at 04:55:36. Reason: tax lady & using plot voucher & bldg descriptions & names

1. Intended
    3. Intended
    I confirmed that at leaset the city-plot-voucher item is not only yes-drop but will successfully transfer to another toon as long as the 2nd toon is an org leader at the time of transfer. It will not trade to a non-org-leader. I also confirmed that said 2nd toon was able to use the voucher and purchase a city plot.

Kinnik

1. Intended
    3. Intended
    If it is intended to reset things ... why not just make everyone start over with a single level 1 toon? Sometimes I really wonder about the decisions that FC makes on behalf of the players that actually keep them employed.

At first i thought it would make sense to reset global research but after thinking about this last night my opinion has changed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when global research was introduced wasn't that during the same patch/booster/expansion that introduced the extra 70 levels (Lost Eden)? I ask that because people with 220's, at that point, had a reason to run inferno missions and such for sk because they had 70 new levels to raise and could pretty much put all excess to global research. Being that is no longer the case, I'm wondering how funcom expects players to get global back up again.. running inferno with 220/30/70 toons?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Looks like it

We're essentially entering a new world, I'm glad that our chars didn't forget everything and were reset to 1/0/0
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Things I Noticed

Here is a list of things I noticed.

Right to the points:

I logged in the first time and it I get "Error - Merge in process". Very unfriendly the first time. A more informational message indicating that your account will now be processed for the merge and the log out and wait X minutes would be much better. I mean this is not an actual error the first time.

The large plot is just plain ugly. If you were trying to make something uglier than the 3 craters field you succeed.

When you exit to ICC using the "ICC transportation terminal" you end up on the very top of the ICC building. I don't know how many people have ever stood up there before but I am betting there will be some confused folks if this goes to live like that.

This is FYI for org leaders, before merge go collect all the crap out of your buildings that got placed over the years like rubber ducks and pictures. Otherwise you will have a VERY full inbox of mail. I had well over 200 rubber ducks mailed to me. This makes finding the voucher mail a PITA as it was not at the top or the bottom of the mail list but somewhere in the middle. I think there will be a no place things rule after this is over and done in our org.

Our org has one of the highest rent plots on RK1 at 168m a month so I was happy to see that all the benefical building on a large plot came to 112m on test server. Problem is we lost all our decorations and whompas to have this price and best I can tell to have them back will mean being right back near our current RK1 cost. I have lots to think about on layout of the new city.

Why is the swimming pool not in the voucher pack? I hope this is a mistake. We worked to have ql300 buildings for all benefit giving ones on our current plot and having to farm back any one of those feels like being cheated in this process. I also feel for orgs that need a ql300 pool for some reason and no longer have active players with the skills to make a ql300 building.

There are some window resizing issues. Example I have my banks as 6 wide. That worked as I have filled them over the years but on test I cannot get there now as my bank is full on several toons. I am not sure how I will get this one fixed but it also effect back packs and inventories. Getting everything set back up like it was pre-merge will be a lot of work and time.

Now this was a strange problem, I had to load the launcher settings tools about 10 times before the "window mode" check box was visible and able to be selected. I compared it to my live client the first 5 times and it was just not there. Then boom the 10th time it and borderless showed up. Also the resolution selection did not save the first time I set it either.

Opinion:
    A middle size city that can hold a large HQ and the 5 other beneficial building (no guard house) and a whompa or two would be a nice add. Really the current instanced city layout on live.

If it was truly visual for me, then the large plot would be a non-starter just on appearance.

You probably will want to farm the items for advance structures prior to merge and maybe even have all the non voucher building bagged up.

The forced layout of the large city is crappy. I much better like the outdoor cities on live that have areas big enough to allow for board customization. Right now pretty much every large city will get laid out the same as there is just no other way to have them. The slight variances will not count for much given the overall layout.

Notes:
    You have to have 10 inventory slots open to use the city voucher.
    Make sure you use the voucher to purchase the city plot or you will get shorted the credits. I hope FC has a plan in place for this happening because you know it is going to happen that someone presses purchase vice using the voucher items on the city terminal.

Overall my experience went smooth but I stand by my rant in the other thread. There is a lot being forced on us. The renaming of toons sure could be handled better.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I had well over 200 rubber ducks mailed to me.
    That really made me laught out loud ^^
    But its a nice hint as well
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast