Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

I talked with a GM today, he used words like 'bound' for nodrop and 'crafting' for tradeskilling. Remember to tell new CS that we don't have spells in AO, we have nanotechnology.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    I talked with a GM today, he used words like 'bound' for nodrop and 'crafting' for tradeskilling. Remember to tell new CS that we don't have spells in AO, we have nanotechnology.
    What you maybe don't know is that each nanoprogram has one or more spells in it

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    There are no spells. What madness is this, World of Warcraft fan boy? What next, casting Magic Missile at the darkness? I hope so... I just might resubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    There are no spells. What madness is this, World of Warcraft fan boy? What next, casting Magic Missile at the darkness? I hope so... I just might resubscribe.
    When you look at an item or nano program, and see "Modify", "Upload Nanoprogram", "Spawn Item" etc, those are spells.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    AO needs new players. They can't rely on nostalgia to keep this game alive IMO.
    It's so bad and incohesive for new players. The profession-repetoir is no longer produced into the gameworld as the leveling is like dailies, ely-kites and then a million inf-missions under the wings of a 220 player.

Another thing, after WA, the startercity for one of the sides, got buffed guards all the players went away from there. So for new players it doesn't look promising. Pvp is important in AO.

I also think adding xp-quest to battlestation (and most of the the geometrical changes to = epic fail) is a very bad idea cause it causes conflict of intrest. Rather add stims, rechargers and ql 125+ profession-nanoprograms to it.

The current system just frustrates pvp-orientated players and pvm-orientated players. The xp'ers just go there for xp and 4-cap for example, or don't have set themself up for pvp-combat.

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    oh rly? Isn't it a formula? Might sound pedantic, but srsly. Sci-fi/cyberpunk r us
    Last edited by leetlover; Jan 27th, 2013 at 00:33:47.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    Can I get a Mountain Dew?

I guess to read into the silencia... Vhab, intern turned employee. Are all of the people hired exclusively for AO departing? Are people that had exp beyond AO still on board?

What of Adamse, Cube, Michizure, mstrbstrd, etc etc...

Did Means know this was the direction a year ago?

I remember snipets of comments regarding to the marketing team at fc and how they wanted something to market with AO. Last time I checked marketing's goal is to advertise the products a company offers for that silly thing profit.
    Unless you are older and remembered seeing AO boxes in the stores... you've never heard of AO. I talk to ppl about gaming, and they look at me like I just said I'm from Kerplakistan.

Someone quite eloquently discerned previously about the direction FC intends to go in regards to mobile gaming. By the time FC throws their cloth glove into that fray, it will be so over saturated and mundane with the raw quantities of games that the 'me now' goldfish will have found some other light bulb to stare at. IE, the bubble bursteth.

The only hope AO has at remaining alive is to get on Steam and us players making an incredibly community that makes new players want to stay and pay. When I started playing this game, that kind of community was very evident. The community now, albeit good, is a glimmer of what it once was as far as platonic resonance.

Anyhow, my 2 cents on legacy support.

Will miss Vhab that is for sure. I'm guessing the rumored in-house organization bot idea got scrapped to?

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Oh... That's just... WRONG!
    I'm always expounding on what the GMs/ARKs do, but having someone that doesn't even know the game giving advice and solving problems just isn't gonna work!!! If he doesn't know something so simple, how can he solve deeper problems?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Can find me as POWR in MWO these days, member of Skye Rangers
    I'll look you up. I'm with Davion since there's a Pacific Northwest group there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yea, MWO presently requires a bit of a powerhouse to run properly at even medium settings on a 1920x1080 display. The Radeon 6850 and 3.2ghz Athlon X4 I have at work just manages to keep a 30 fps average.
    Hopefully this will be changed when they get around to optimizing. Have a 3.8ghz Phenom II, GTX 460 and it still wigs out sometimes. Also joystick madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    I'll look you up. I'm with Davion since there's a Pacific Northwest group there.

Hopefully this will be changed when they get around to optimizing. Have a 3.8ghz Phenom II, GTX 460 and it still wigs out sometimes. Also joystick madness.
    People still use joysticks? I thought that practically died out in 98-99.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    But how would you pilot a mech without all these buttons?

But how would you pilot a mech without all these buttons?
    OT, but i had that game with the controller and it was awesome fun after i had finished with the game i sold it on eBay for double what i paid for it. Win!
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post

I generally play in eurotime so when they get those european servers up, I'm outta the 140+ ping US ones

Yea, hopefully, people tend to forget that the game is only a little over a year into development. My 680 chokes on it a bit as well.
    Yea, seems to be limited mainly to people with crazy flight sim setups, or indeed people with a Mechwarrior setup. Though, I can't help but think how much more difficult a HOTAS throttle and stick + rudder pedals is to use compared to a mouse and keyboard.. especially for aiming in 3D space while being positioned on a surface. Maybe it's just me and my mouse+keyboard prejudice.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

so, not smart to buy a 12month (or even 6 month) subscription at this point.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    so, not smart to buy a 12month (or even 6 month) subscription at this point.. :P
    The only game I suggest buying a 6 or 12 month sub are games that still get updates, like SW TOR, instead of delays like AO.

For Example:
    2006: Hey guys new engine coming, and NW fixes, and new content!!
    2007: Lost Eden launches... Contest finished in 25mins. New Engine still coming and NW fixes soon!
    2008: Sorry guys, can't launch new engine b/c AoC bombed and we need help running it.
    2009: Sorry guys, we are now working on TSW (That AO engine will come soon!)
    2010: Sorry guys, keep paying your AO subs, new engine will come soon after TSW and AOC is f2p
    2011: Having trouble blending Grass and Water colors.... keep paying your subs!
    2012: Let's merge servers because people are complaning about in game population. BTW Engine Delayed again!
    2013: Hey guys, we are merging efforts for our 2 F2P games with AO (our only sub game) While we start a legos game. This way the new engine and NW (PVP) fixes are set aside again while we continue to make new products that hopefully make money. Please continue paying your AO subs while you wait another 7 years.
    You know there's an issue when forums are more fun then playing in game.

Please keep in mind the post above is not directed at any one FC employee, however it provides some insight to how 1500+ players that have given up hope currently feel.
    Some ex-guild/raidbot leaders have over 2,000 email addresses and have continued to stay in contact with some of our old AO friends, and some even play other games together..... waiting on a reason to return.
    You know there's an issue when forums are more fun then playing in game.

Also you have several errors in your post.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I pay money/subscription fees to games I find fun, not what they plan to release.

They seriously need to lower the subscription fee for the whole game to below $10. I would say between $5 or $7. Or they need to open the entire game up to FTP.

What happened to the big steam release?

Is there anybody with any braincells that work at FC corporate?

I pay money/subscription fees to games I find fun, not what they plan to release.
    Just hard to keep paying to play with the same 6 people all the time, doing the exact same stuff all the time for a pretty steep price. I've spent less money in 3 years of League of Legends buying every ****ing Teemo skin than 6 months of AO costs.
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

As far as Steam goes because everyone keeps asking about it and making a big stink, lets look at the facts.

If AO was released on Steam right now new players would get:

-Crappy starter experience
    -Massive lag/unable to play because of the old engine
    -No idea WTF they are doing because of the crappy starter experience
    -Would not stay and no new blood in the game

I dont know about you guys, but releasing AO on Steam right now would be bad. I want new blood in the game and I dont want them detoured because of the crappy starter. Also I would like it if the engine were released so it can run properly on newer machines. It would make more sense that engine and NPE were released and finished first then do a relaunch of AO on steam for maximum gain.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast