Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm part of an old, longstanding, well respected Org and we're part of a large alliance of active orgs, there's something going on every day and you can usually find mission teams.
    Yes- and +1. I don't often have trouble finding things to do in AO.

What I really like about AO is that with the exception of these forums I have rarely seen any true malice between players. In fact I've seen some brutal slug fest tower wars and 30min later the opposing sides players are doing Inferno on alts together, Pande together, DB quest, or 12man. Then later fighting against each other on BS or dueling.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Yes- and +1. I don't often have trouble finding things to do in AO.

What I really like about AO is that with the exception of these forums I have rarely seen any true malice between players. In fact I've seen some brutal slug fest tower wars and 30min later the opposing sides players are doing Inferno on alts together, Pande together, DB quest, or 12man. Then later fighting against each other on BS or dueling.
    I end up more negative than I intend to be, but it's so easy to get bummed out and discourged on here. I hold no malice to fellow players, in fact I appreciate they share a love for this game with me. The in game community has always been pretty awesome besides those rage inducing days of other NTs trying to encroach upon my kiting hecklers in Elysium which most of of the time would end up in a gigantic zig zag game of tag as we tried to kill each other off with aggro from our heckler blobs, usually scores of innocent bystanders getting pummelled by hecklers in the process. Those days were awesome.

What I really like about AO is that with the exception of these forums I have rarely seen any true malice between players. In fact I've seen some brutal slug fest tower wars and 30min later the opposing sides players are doing Inferno on alts together
    that's weird because inf missions are sided

Quote Originally Posted by swirling-dog View Post
    he;s omni without a tokenboard so he can join clan inf mishes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    he;s omni without a tokenboard so he can join clan inf mishes too.
    token board? what about faction lol

token board? what about faction lol
    neuts are omnis without tokenboards; p

Cool

doing Inferno on alts together
    With the exception of these forums...some people have more than 1 sided toon. They seem to be the more open minded ones that play well together. Perhaps they level up neutral and go sided at 199 because it's easier finding teams. Not really my concearn.
    Last edited by Psikie; Jan 29th, 2013 at 20:06:36.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Ah, true.
    With the exception of these forums...some people have more than 1 sided toon. They seem to be the more open minded ones that play well together. Perhaps they level up neutral and go sided at 199 because it's easier finding teams. Not really my concearn.
    Oh I guess, I have always played omni only so I kinda figure everyone else does the same but I suppose some people are side swappers. >

Correction: -those- neuts are omnis without token boards. My neuts used to harass towers with srompu and parisss all the time. Or sit at tara spawn and gib 4 or 5 omnis as they started massing. Meanwhile those others neuts would be lighting up leader chat and neutvoice with 'ahmagawd stop attacking towers! Everyone will hate us, especially the omnis" and "thanks for getting all neuts banned from hellcom noobs" ... Good times.
    Last edited by Kopecz; Jan 29th, 2013 at 22:38:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Sell AO rights Funcom ,please! (with the team thats working on it now)

You dont known how to do MMOrpgs
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

How can you say FC doesn't know how to make MMOs if you so desperately want one of their MMOs?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    How can you say FC doesn't know how to make MMOs if you so desperately want one of their MMOs?
    I think he means Funcom doesn't know how to operate/market/maintain/grow their MMOs. Good ideas and it's usually down hill from there. No offense to the people that work hard on them.

It doesn't mean much then ... not too many game companies have 3 concurrent MMO's in operation that are continually developed.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It doesn't mean much then ... not too many game companies have 3 concurrent MMO's in operation that are continually developed.
    There's Turbine, but then, I don't know how much development goes into Asheron's Call.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Not sure how much a new engine (hardware?) will do when there is 1 animation for all nanos and perks

Is true what he says tho.

Your most vicious enemy in pvp is often very nice and friendly.
    Last edited by leetlover; Jan 30th, 2013 at 04:10:10.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Then again, neither does FC since you put that delightful "continually developed" condition in there.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Not sure how much a new engine (hardware?) will do when there is 1 animation for all nanos and perks

Is true what he says tho.

Your most vicious enemy in pvp is often very nice and friendly.
    Ack! You reminded me. There is just so much wrong, it's hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    I thought it was one of the strengths of mmorpgs, you know, community :S

It's great, when there are actual people to talk to. Sometimes you don't want to bother people that aren't doing what you are doing. As a froob I did that a lot. I learned about getting on people's bad sides by asking too many questions about the game. A very large portion of the community levels via power leveling. If you are a froob, or former froob, in which all you know is the grind. Asking for pertinent information on how to make money, or where to level up becomes very confusing for both parties at break neck speeds.
    ♚ Hail To The King Baby. ♚

Community as in "me and my fren duallogged"?

deleted
    Last edited by AOJUNKIE; Jan 30th, 2013 at 14:08:35.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast