Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

I don't mind waiting for new engine to get here. I just hope that when it does arrive, it has an updated soundtrack with some new cool sound effects. I hope it brings in a lot of new players.

There aren't going to be any updates to sound, in any way.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There aren't going to be any updates to sound, in any way.
    Weird cause the sound loop sux in this game but ok. lol

Weird? Consider how many resources new audio would require. And it doesn't suck all that much compared to what else is out there.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Weird? Consider how many resources new audio would require. And it doesn't suck all that much compared to what else is out there.
    True. Just, I dunno after 5 years of waiting for new engine and all just thought maybe they would surprise us with some new sound to go with the new weather effects and stuff.

I had hopes for some new sounds and thought that would be more likely than say, new character animations. Err, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AOJUNKIE View Post
    True. Just, I dunno after 5 years of waiting for new engine and all just thought maybe they would surprise us with some new sound to go with the new weather effects and stuff.

I had hopes for some new sounds and thought that would be more likely than say, new character animations. Err, or something.
    I have to agree on one sound effect. The desert storms. They sound like they were recorded on an 8 bit Nintendo. The rest of the sounds are great though. Always loved them. Hell I even bought the AO soundtrack too.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    ...The desert storms. They sound like they were recorded on an 8 bit Nintendo...
    Also LOOKS like they were recorded on that Nintendo.

Are you new here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    It's great, when there are actual people to talk to. Sometimes you don't want to bother people that aren't doing what you are doing. As a froob I did that a lot. I learned about getting on people's bad sides by asking too many questions about the game. A very large portion of the community levels via power leveling. If you are a froob, or former froob, in which all you know is the grind. Asking for pertinent information on how to make money, or where to level up becomes very confusing for both parties at break neck speeds.
    Hmmm, sounds like you're just asking the wrong people...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    I have to agree on one sound effect. The desert storms. They sound like they were recorded on an 8 bit Nintendo. The rest of the sounds are great though. Always loved them. Hell I even bought the AO soundtrack too.
    The sounds of AO are not bad or anything. The loop seems horrible though...like the music will just stop. I dunno just seems like it could be tweaked.

I've been around a few years on and off. New paid player though.

I love the music of AO, even got the soundtrack CDs and enjoy listening them once in a while.

But oddly I have it turned off in the game, as I can't stand it there.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I have sounds turned off because I usually dual log and sounds coming from 2 clients is not that good.

I don't mind waiting for new engine to get here. I just hope that when it does arrive, it has an updated soundtrack with some new cool sound effects. I hope it brings in a lot of new players.
    Dont feed them ideas on how to explain the next delay.

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Dont feed them ideas on how to explain the next delay.
    Oops sorry! ^___^

I have the sound turned off because I like to listen to some Infrared Nine or something else that makes me feel like a bad ace.

Don't ask what Funcom can do for you.....

I must admit that people who whine about the demise of Funcom or that AO is dead wind me up. It can be a self-fullfilling prophecy... when new players see that in OOC.

If you trully love AO then do something to help it grow.

For Funcom I pay for 2 accounts and buy regularly from Item store.

For the AO community I do my best to promote the game through social media. In-game, The House of Black Star tries to help newbies as much as posible to get them past the initial stages to keep them playing. Our members are around 24/7 helping with buffs, tradeskilling, taking part in raids etc.

Please look at what you do for the game (that we all love?) before you start complaining.

*steps off soap-box*

and thank you devs for the monthly updates.
    President, The House of Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lizenglish View Post
    I must admit that people who whine about the demise of Funcom or that AO is dead wind me up. It can be a self-fullfilling prophecy... when new players see that in OOC.

If you trully love AO then do something to help it grow.

For Funcom I pay for 2 accounts and buy regularly from Item store.

For the AO community I do my best to promote the game through social media. In-game, The House of Black Star tries to help newbies as much as posible to get them past the initial stages to keep them playing. Our members are around 24/7 helping with buffs, tradeskilling, taking part in raids etc.

Please look at what you do for the game (that we all love?) before you start complaining.

*steps off soap-box*

and thank you devs for the monthly updates.
    This is a game, not a job.

We all volunteer our efforts toward things we are passionate. AO seems to be one of lizenglish's passions, nothing wrong with that.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Unless you work for Funcom, then it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    We all volunteer our efforts toward things we are passionate. AO seems to be one of lizenglish's passions, nothing wrong with that.
    True

** Be part of the solution, not part of the problem **
    Last edited by Lizenglish; Jan 31st, 2013 at 15:57:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. While it is absolutely fine to do this things to help AO and its players it is not our obligation. Not even from moral standpoint. If there is someone morally guilty it's FunCom alone. Why you ask? Well let's start with their promises that haven't been fulfiled multiple times and that made couple of ppl resub only to make them leave in rage when these promises weren't delivered. I mean what do you expect after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. While it is absolutely fine to do this things to help AO and its players it is not our obligation. Not even from moral standpoint. If there is someone morally guilty it's FunCom alone. Why you ask? Well let's start with their promises that haven't been fulfiled multiple times and that made couple of ppl resub only to make them leave in rage when these promises weren't delivered. I mean what do you expect after all these years?
    My statement is:

"If you trully love AO then do something to help it grow".

I don't see how that makes it an employment responsibility. Morality? It's about love or passion for the game.

My approach to things on rk4 or rk2 are the same - If I love doing something I put in a lot of effort, and make big achievements.

You can go through life blaming others or making excuses for why you do nothing - or you can make the effort positively. I know which is my approach.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast