Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

FC is either grossly incompetent or we have been lied to repeatedly by our past and current developers / producers.

Oh one other option: they have the worst possible luck and the universe itself is preventing them from delivering the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    FC is either grossly incompetent or we have been lied to repeatedly by our past and current developers / producers.

Oh one other option: they have the worst possible luck and the universe itself is preventing them from delivering the goods.
    we're paying the price for poor tsw sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    we're paying the price for poor tsw sales.
    AND poor decision by FC also!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Lizenglish View Post
    My comments are targeted at people that make no contributions other than negative complaints (as previously stated).
    But how many people actually fit into this category? I don't know anyone that has posted on the forums, even the folks that post nothing more than "funcom sucks" that hasn't contributed to the community in some way/shape/form.

The biggest critics of the game on the forums are the people that, from my observation, have done the most to contribute to the PvM, PvP and RP community of the game. So who exactly are you directing your comments to if not the people that, via their money and time, have been contributing members of the AO community all of these years?

Someone posting negative feedback or expressing frustration does not equate to a non-helpful member of the community. Maybe I'm reading your statements wrong but it seems as if you are assuming things about posters without any factual basis for doing so.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    But how many people actually fit into this category? I don't know anyone that has posted on the forums, even the folks that post nothing more than "funcom sucks" that hasn't contributed to the community in some way/shape/form.

The biggest critics of the game on the forums are the people that, from my observation, have done the most to contribute to the PvM, PvP and RP community of the game. So who exactly are you directing your comments to if not the people that, via their money and time, have been contributing members of the AO community all of these years?

Someone posting negative feedback or expressing frustration does not equate to a non-helpful member of the community. Maybe I'm reading your statements wrong but it seems as if you are assuming things about posters without any factual basis for doing so.
    Well many seem to be making assumptions it seems.

If you look back to my original post on page 15 - How many that have posted since have stated about the contributions they make? 3?

A big thank you to those that have and continue to contribute to the AO community.

One assumption is, that the graphics engine will be a great improvement if not a saviour to AO. I actually fear that is will kill the game

Have you tried running a single instance of AoC which uses the same engine for example? So laggy unless you run in solo (night) play [SoloOnlineRPG].

In AO I am able to run 6 toons online at the same time. It's accessibility is great (atm). How many of us dual log (at least).

There is a saying "Be careful what you wish for"....

and for all those contributers to AO - please feel free to mention what you do/have done for us all.

But, I am anxiously awaiting the merge.... I need more slots for more alts
    President, The House of Black Star

So who exactly are you directing your comments to if not the people that, via their money and time, have been contributing members of the AO community all of these years?
    Better yet, how is it that she is able to know and therefore judge what contributions others might have made to the game? She needs to take a few steps down off that pedestal if she is going to be this quick to judge people that she doesn't know just for disagreeing with her.

As for the thought that players don't help FC and the community just for the hell of it, what about ARKs?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Well many seem to be making assumptions it seems.
    Yes, then perhaps you should stop making them and start judging their opinion (not troll/flame post) alone, not based on contributions of person(s) you know nothing about.
    Last edited by Scottik; Jan 31st, 2013 at 20:58:30.

If you look back to my original post on page 15 - How many that have posted since have stated about the contributions they make? 3?
    3 people posting about their contributions.. how does that matter? Just because someone hasn't posted about the contributions they make or have made doesn't mean they haven't made any. Why should someone have to post an AO resume to validate their right to post their opinions and concerns on the forums?

Sometimes I find myself doing it because while someone on RK2 might know me, people on RK1 may not.. and I know there are people like you that assume that if someone hasn't mentioned something then it didn't happen or that there's nothing to mention.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    Better yet, how is it that she is able to know and therefore judge what contributions others might have made to the game? She needs to take a few steps down off that pedestal if she is going to be this quick to judge people that she doesn't know just for disagreeing with her.
    You have made incorrect assumptions and statements both times you have posted.

"quick to judge people that she doesn't know just for disagreeing with her"

I have taken the time to read all posts and have posted a number of replies to ppl that have posted since my post, that agree or disagree with me - Those are relevant in each case.

I have thanked the people that make contributions to the AO community - How does that put me on a pedastal.... It obviously means that those that don't contribute, know they don't.... so how am I judging them?

I try to lead the org that I sit in the Presidents role for, by example. I don't ask people to stick to behaviour that I don't myself.

You have toons in HoBS, and seem to think you know me so well...... and yet you call me a 'she' lol uber fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Yes, then perhaps you should stop making them and start judging their opinion (not troll/flame post) alone, not based on contributions of person(s) you know nothing about.
    Please read all of the posts I make not just selective parts. It will help you better understand that if people feel offended by me thanking all those that 'make a contribution to the AO community' - Why would you feel offended if you make a contribution. I am thanking you. If by conclusion you do not make a contribution - feel free to feel offended.
    Last edited by Lizenglish; Jan 31st, 2013 at 21:14:11.

I must admit that people who whine about the demise of Funcom or that AO is dead wind me up. It can be a self-fullfilling prophecy... when new players see that in OOC.

If you trully love AO then do something to help it grow.

For Funcom I pay for 2 accounts and buy regularly from Item store.

For the AO community I do my best to promote the game through social media. In-game, The House of Black Star tries to help newbies as much as posible to get them past the initial stages to keep them playing. Our members are around 24/7 helping with buffs, tradeskilling, taking part in raids etc.

Please look at what you do for the game (that we all love?) before you start complaining.

*steps off soap-box*

and thank you devs for the monthly updates.
    And here's your original post from page 15 that you asked me to refer back to.

So you list paying for the game as one of your contributions. People that post on the forums (with very rare exception) have paid AO accounts (now or at some point) and therefore have contributed to the game (as per your own definition). So, that being the case, why are you telling people that by your own statement have contributed to he game to take a look at what they do for the game before they start complaining? Clearly your point was that you feel that the complainers aren't also contributors and I was pointing out the flaw in that assumption.

3 people posting about their contributions.. how does that matter? Just because someone hasn't posted about the contributions they make or have made doesn't mean they haven't made any. Why should someone have to post an AO resume to validate their right to post their opinions and concerns on the forums?

Sometimes I find myself doing it because while someone on RK2 might know me, people on RK1 may not.. and I know there are people like you that assume that if someone hasn't mentioned something then it didn't happen or that there's nothing to mention.
    Lol, you were one of the 3, but it was relevant to mention your contributions at the time?

And here's your original post from page 15 that you asked me to refer back to.

So you list paying for the game as one of your contributions. People that post on the forums (with very rare exception) have paid AO accounts (now or at some point) and therefore have contributed to the game (as per your own definition). So, that being the case, why are you telling people that by your own statement have contributed to he game to take a look at what they do for the game before they start complaining? Clearly your point was that you feel that the complainers aren't also contributors and I was pointing out the flaw in that assumption.
    How can you posibly know the paid status of all that are posting here?

Paid (past tense) = I thank you for your previous contributions.

Paying = Thank you for continuing to contribute to Funom/AO community.

that agree or disagree with me - Those are relevant in each case.
    someone agreed that making carbs for nub will keep ao alive?

*run to trade section, making omni carb for neuter newb*

froobs have acces(again) to forum now? darn i should cancel right away
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

I'm just going to assume that there's a language barrier here preventing her (female name, female toon -> female pronouns) from adequately expressing herself or fully understanding our arguments, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    I'm just going to assume that there's a language barrier here preventing her (female name, female toon -> female pronouns) from adequately expressing herself or fully understanding our arguments, and move on.
    The language barrier is getting you to understand that you don't actually know me if you think I am female.

But you can help me understand:

Why would you be part of an org that is a dictatorship (in your opinion)?

Why play a game if you think it is so bad/badly run?

Please please please stop atacking each other ! (EventsbyJill and Lizenglish or Amelia and Liz

I "know" both of you as respected members of AO comunity and veterans who always help newbies and do lot of other things that helps AO in general and AO comunity.

We all love/like AO but at the same time we have different opinions.

I love AO and hate FC! or maybe better I hate stupid management of FC who over the years did so many mistakes that it may end up in a bankrupcy of FC. I do not give a damn about FC but I am aware that if that happen AO will die as well ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

The language barrier is getting you to understand that you don't actually know me if you think I am female.
    The irony is so delicious.

Player 'contributions' to the game will start being of relevance once FC starts writing us cheques. It's not our job to fix or compensate for their screwups.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

and THIS is why i assume everyone on the internet is male until proven otherwise with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    and THIS is why i assume everyone on the internet is male until proven otherwise with pics.
    Even then you can't be sure.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast