Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

Lazy, you're just broken hearted!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    and THIS is why i assume everyone on the internet is male until proven otherwise with pics.
    Women always want the last word...... So they will always try to post last in a forum.
    President, The House of Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lizenglish View Post
    Please read all of the posts I make not just selective parts. It will help you better understand that if people feel offended by me thanking all those that 'make a contribution to the AO community' - Why would you feel offended if you make a contribution. I am thanking you. If by conclusion you do not make a contribution - feel free to feel offended.
    But that's it. It doesn't matter how much I contributed to the community. Contributions to community simply doesn't make yours or anyone else's opinion - negative or positive - more golden. Not in this case. AO is a game or better yet, paid product, not question of morality. Now I don't consider AO to be JUST a product, but it is a product nevertheless. And the only one who takes all the responsibility for sales/flaws/support etc. is producer/distributor, not customer. And we, as customers are unhappy with current state of the product and its support and we are expressing our opinions about it via forums. That's all, really.

Women always want the last word...... So they will always try to post last in a forum.
    no u

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Player 'contributions' to the game will start being of relevance once FC starts writing us cheques. It's not our job to fix or compensate for their screwups.
    Plenty of fansites for MMO's in general, and I don't think many of them get paid by the company who makes the product they support with their contributions.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Please please please stop atacking each other ! (EventsbyJill and Lizenglish or Amelia and Liz

I "know" both of you as respected members of AO comunity and veterans who always help newbies and do lot of other things that helps AO in general and AO comunity.

We all love/like AO but at the same time we have different opinions.

I love AO and hate FC! or maybe better I hate stupid management of FC who over the years did so many mistakes that it may end up in a bankrupcy of FC. I do not give a damn about FC but I am aware that if that happen AO will die as well ...
    I actually wasn't attacking Liz, but mainly defending people's right to express their opinion on the forum. I disagree with Liz's viewpoint so I posted as such. That being said, after reading his rather narrow minded comment (posted below) I'm done addressing anything he has to say.

What a narrow minded stereotype to make about women.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    I've been married for over a decade and I can testify... that his statement is true (about the last word, not about posting in forums).
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    I actually wasn't attacking Liz, but mainly defending people's right to express their opinion on the forum. I disagree with Liz's viewpoint so I posted as such. That being said, after reading his rather narrow minded comment (posted below) I'm done addressing anything he has to say.

It was actually a joke in the context that you can't tell who is really a woman online - worded so that male posters would not want to post last.... however, as I explained to the divorce lawyer "women just don't have a sense of humour"
    President, The House of Black Star

It was actually a joke in the context that you can't tell who is really a woman online - worded so that male posters would not want to post last.... however, as I explained to the divorce lawyer "women just don't have a sense of humour"
    LOL and now I just have to comment. And you just stepped in it again buddy. On top of that you gave everyone more bait to hit on.

I see why you needed a divorce lawyer. Wife probably wasn't contributing with a subscription for her opinion either.

Oh, I pay for 3 subscriptions, so... I'm really disappointed in AO, FC and the sky is falling.

On a side note, I've been contributing for years and I refuse to purchase anything from the online store. If 9 years of multiple subscriptions can't get that engine off the ground, I'll be damned if I'll throw more cash their way. After all, I'm just paying to hear why I'm not getting it. Again. And again. And again. And again. The new engine is just a figament of our wishful imagination. :P
    Last edited by Kakes; Feb 1st, 2013 at 01:06:15.

I've been playing since the game came out.I have never seen the population this bad.Hardly any raids going on.Good luck to a new player.If you don't have a good friend to help you.um your gonna be screwed.I don't really care so much about the graphics as much as I do about the players.If you have the best 3d out of this world graphics and no players.......Now you just look better standing around. The server merge will be a start but both servers are dead.I have to have 3 accounts just to function and make stuff work because lack of players.Buffs ,duel logging sometimes triple logging just to make up the teams .Heh 30-45 dollars a month.Its just not worth it.They need to lower the price and make it more reasonable. 14.99 is to much .....People are doing good to buy food these days and keep gas in the car .But you won't them to fork out that kinda money for a dead game....Does this sit right with you?Maybe $9 a month .....I hope changes come so I can reunite with the ao community agin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I've been married for over a decade and I can testify... that his statement is true (about the last word, not about posting in forums).
    Women always have the last word... anything you say after that is the beginning of a new argument.

(22 years of lost arguments)
    Last edited by Zeephonz; Feb 1st, 2013 at 03:52:26.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytime3 View Post
    II don't really care so much about the graphics as much as I do about the players.If you have the best 3d out of this world graphics and no players.......Now you just look better standing around.
    Excactly AoC for example, probably the prettiest game I played, struggles with declining population aswell. Some if the decisions (I think it is craig) like removing morningstar (why...why on earth was this done ), adding buffed guards to wa etc...thats also a part of the decline we see. Looks very easy to fix as we wait for NPE btw. *taps foot*
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytime3 View Post
    I don't really care so much about the graphics as much as I do about the players.If you have the best 3d out of this world graphics and no players.......Now you just look better standing around.
    True, true. But let's not deny the fact that people are attracted to new(er) shiny things. And few new players are going to get far enough to see the intricate dynamics of this game if they are not visually stimulated by it first.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    True, true. But let's not deny the fact that people are attracted to new(er) shiny things.
    Confirmed: all humans are raccoons in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    True, true. But let's not deny the fact that people are attracted to new(er) shiny things. And few new players are going to get far enough to see the intricate dynamics of this game if they are not visually stimulated by it first.
    Sadly, the only people willing to play 12 year old games are the ones with feelings of nostalgia from having played them 12 years ago.
    Last edited by Luminita; Feb 1st, 2013 at 05:19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Confirmed: all humans are raccoons in disguise.
    Just the men.

Hey guys, lets get our pitch forks and torches and go on a witch hunt for when the February update is gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    But I will be spending the next couple of months working on the transition, and when we know more I will keep the AO community in the loop.

Sincerely,
    Ilaliya
    I took this to mean that there probably wouldn't be 'monthly updates' in terms of first Monday of each month but that he'd update us when/if there was something worthy of updating. As it stands now, what else can really be said other than they're 'still working on it'? We'll see things as they hit test and that'll be outlined in the test update. Guess they'll answer the questions still lingering about the server merge when they get good in ready in its own FAQ type thread.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Women always have the last word... anything you say after that is the beginning of a new argument.

(22 years of lost arguments)
    Also true.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast