Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    See you on MW Online when it goes live? Better than continuing to play Call of Banality: Modern Borefare until the next crappy title.
    Dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by Solaar View Post
    Ok, i haven't quickly found any really relevant posts about the kickstarter idea, but i've had the same idea for quite some time now, and here it is with a few more details:

1. Buy all AO technology off from FC, including ALL source code (the complete! repositories with history), artwork, content production tools (the complete pipeline sans publicly available 3rd party tooling), maintenance tools, databases, documentation. The whole thing. Everything required for running and maintaining an AO shard.

2a. Buy a license from FC that permits hosting an AO server (post merge) on our own terms, including charging subscription fees to cover the cost of running it. That license should also include the right to design, modify and publish these modifications as the licensee sees fit.

2b. Alternatively buy the complete AO brand from FC, ie. no further licenses required. More costly, don't think so, as AO is not that popular a "brand" after all...

3. Set up a cloud infrastructure suitable for running and maintaining two complete AO shards (live + test)

Still thinking about the part about continued development of the game itself, given the code base is very old and there is probably next to no viable documentation, and obviously no personell to ask

I could imagine creating a non-profit company responsible for *at least* keeping AO in the air thru subscription fees.

The big question for this would be the number.

How much, FC?
    WTB...

Btw, it might not be on Kickstarter, as they are open only for UK and US residents/citizens.
    Why not buy FC directly, a share cost less than 2$ nowday
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

Quote Originally Posted by Dafie View Post
    Why not buy FC directly, a share cost less than 2$ nowday
    How many shares would be needed to have full control of FC?

Probably more than 51%.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

FC would be a great investment for a hostile takeover. Even a novice manager of a mcdonalds could do more with this company.

I am extremely glad I canceled my acct(s) 6 months ago. Saving me $59.60/mth. I knew the new engine would never come. Its just a leash. You can't sit there and tell me that you all are trying to finish an engine/updates when FC has created two new games within past year.

You all are seriously pathetic to keep leashing these players on. AO was the best mmo i've ever played and anyone that has played it would say the same thing.

But you will never resurrect the game back to what it was for the simple fact you have lied to many times to your customers... Hell you lost 50% population when you released AI that came with a bunch of nerfs.

Sad to see this game go. Ill miss it for sure.

P.S. - Funcom, your welcome for the 3500$ i've payed you all over the past 9 years that I did play.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Well anything above 50% would be a majority stake. Of course what you'd be looking for is at least a 66% stake to push anything through unimpeded.

I bet you could hit the FTC up and see how many shares of FC are public.
    Last edited by Hamms; Feb 2nd, 2013 at 04:00:49. Reason: *sorry, typo.

As fun of an idea as that is, Funcom still has a market capitalization of $20.58 million. Unless AO players are a very wealthy bunch, 51% of that isn't too realistic.

I'm sure that whoever ends up owning the rights to FC's games and other IP won't want anywhere near that much for it.

drop the price of the game to 7$ a month and people will come back even without new graphics.

Get the game on steam and price the full access at $7

Sorry to say but people won't come back. Its past the point of old players logging back in after a few yrs and seeing if the games progressed at all in population. They see none, they log right off. People have been lied to much and are fed up with it and i don't blame them.

15$/mth for a game that can't hold up to its word. (Emphasize if you wish)
    Secretly Clan

I did not notice a comment regarding steam from the op. did i miss something about it in a recent thread / post. if not, it would be nice to know steam progress.
    Anarchy Online's A Prophet Without Honor:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...out_honour.pdf

What part don't you all get.
    Secretly Clan

Yes, you've made your point.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

is it just me or FC Corp. is really managed by chimpanzees? Endangering cash cows to scrape off costs through consolidation...
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I feel this thread is serving as a good symbol of how Funcom's Anarchy Online players are finally starting to realize the bull**** that's been fed to them over the years and are becoming less willing to keep forking over their cash.

Funcom, you should be reading this thread.

Fellow AO fans, thank you for keeping your posts full of passion but civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    is it just me or FC Corp. is really managed by chimpanzees? Endangering cash cows to scrape off costs through consolidation...
    i'm sure even chimps would do a better job of not running ao into the ground to try and save tsw.

AO is my favourite game. I've been paying for this game for a decade or more and still love it but I've never liked Funcom. Every direct contact I've ever had with them has been soured by their bad attitude towards their customers.
    I'm happy to passively wait to see if any new stuff arrives, I don't really believe it will. Last year I was still positive but no longer.

What galls me is that this good game is suffering whilst AOC and TSW are being worked on. Both those games look great but have little or no game beneath the gloss. Such a shame.

maybe the best thing for AO is to fail, and shutdown.
    then we would maybe get to see FC stand up and make an Anarchy Online 2.
    One that will include space flight, and combat also and mining

Lets call it Anarchy Online Eve how freaking cool could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    AO is my favourite game. I've been paying for this game for a decade or more and still love it but I've never liked Funcom. Every direct contact I've ever had with them has been soured by their bad attitude towards their customers.
    I'm happy to passively wait to see if any new stuff arrives, I don't really believe it will. Last year I was still positive but no longer.

What galls me is that this good game is suffering whilst AOC and TSW are being worked on. Both those games look great but have little or no game beneath the gloss. Such a shame.
    Hmm, whenever i met someone from staff, they showed a complete different picture.
    I NEVER had any trouble with support, ARKs, GMs or with the developers on testlive.
    Everyone directly involved with AO was superfriendly.

It comes down to 2 things, that i see completely failed at FC as there is 1st and for many many years already the worse advertisment and marketing. Im sitting in the center of Europe and i should be nailed with Advertisements. Well, with TSW they made it somewhat better.

The second thing is the management.
    By totally turning into a corporation since some years, playerdemands seem to be a lower priority for AnarchyOnline, but what do we know for real ? .. Nada, we just know nothing.

What we know is, what only a couple people really understand.
    Do it - go out and replace the complete core technix of a running online monster like this.
    I understand a bit programming and i see what they do and i know it is TOTALLY CRAZY SHYTE what they wanna reach and hell, they are close already ... but i have absolutely no clue about management.

Thats the finacial world order.
    Theres a new movie on youtube, so if you are still a sheeple and can eat the truth, youtube "Thrive", "The Corporation", "Money as dept" and you understand somewhat of the marketing mechanism on this world.

Better i stay on programming ^^
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Close guess.
    http://postimage.org/image/9kgguxczf/
    http://postimage.org/image/ugxzrvw7p/

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast