Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    xira and i already decided to kickstarter it.
    Link. Cause I'm on board with this.
    Endymion 220/20/60 Agent

xira and i already decided to kickstarter it.
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...64/200/acb.jpg
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

So engine will be scrapped cause its coding needs indepth knowledge from a few people and after restructuring every coder will work toghether on all projects? Maybe they will relase a new new Engine? I'm so excited!

While relying on other departments to some extent, AO has had the benefit of a dedicated development team who realistically have failed to deliver the long promised and awaited changes. Maybe they are "close" now and all of this is yet "Coming Soon", but I fear that AO will languish under a pooled development team.

I hope I am wrong. I just do not see AO as the vehicle FC will choose to drive revenue.

So will AO's development team be shared across TSW and AoC's development as well? I sure as hell hope not!

Good post, but it feels like there's a lot of info lacking in this one. Perhaps we will get a better insight on how thing's are in the January update? Best of luck to all dev-members, and I hope you all get to stay!
    Last edited by Hardcore; Jan 25th, 2013 at 16:55:54. Reason: typo

disapoiting news again.
    You guys said the merge would happen in december, it didnt.
    Engine on TestLive on the Q1 of 2013, and yet it wont be.

GG.
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Confirmed: (Legit) Vhab will not be making the move to the NC office. (I asked him!) We will miss him! He won't comment anyone elses positions on the matter however. I don't want to see AO breaking up, been part of my life for far too long, as I assume it has been for you guys also! Lazy: Get this Kickstarter running! AO won't be being taken offline without a fight!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

To the people confused about the NPE being "in the old engine" or rather before the new engine: remember that they decided to keep the old engine/client supported. So NPE will work just fine in current engine. That doesn't change anything to the NPE being created with the new engine in mind. As far as I know this mostly (if not only) means that all the textures were made in high quality.

The wording and silence about it, sort of makes it sound as the whole remaining AO team is losing their job. I really hope this is not the case. I suppose you're still in the dark about it? To those losing their job or in danger of losing their job: *hugs*.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

where is this.post about move? i want to read about it
    Swifttech - Nano Technician - Level 195
    Swiftkeep - Keeper - Level 60
    Swiftstealth - Shade - Level 130

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    From my point of view I would sum it up like this:

1. FC is not closing servers of AO
    2. Server merge is going to happen soon ...
    3. New engine is not going to happen soon ...
    4. wtf needs new player experience as there are no new players !
    There are new players all of the time, you just have to look for them outside of Pandemonium.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Thanks AO, just gave me all the reason to not resub. Guess I'll go sign up for Elder Scrolls Online beta or something because this game just officially got taken off life support. Just the last gasps of air left in this corpse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I just hope AO is not gonna die.
    Clan - My Way - Veteran

Pabloz - Level 220 Shade :: Nobizhx - Level 220 Keeper :: Fedix - Level 220 Doctor :: Luserina - Level 220 Crat :: Dapimp - Level 215 Agent :: Pvpgawd - Level 150 Engineer

I hope you understand our bitterness when once again the engine is being delayed. We have been down this road before. It doesn't matter what the reason is, we really don't care anymore. The existing players have been more than loyal enough to deserve an upgrade and once again it's not going to happen.

Sad day for AO and it's loyal player base.

I have always (perhaps blindly) stood against the naysayers and always hoped to see FC deliver on its promises but this really looks bad.

Although I remain hopeful (gotta love a sucka) I would love to see how many people will sub for > 1 month periods having read this

Soooo STEAM plans scrapped? that would certanly need to be coordinated with NPE if anything.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

The lack of information said and the fact that she said originally there was going to be a lot to post this month makes me think this "new" Funcom is kind of censoring what she was going to put in this as well as possibly "phasing out" AO.

if you read between teh lines he says a lot. and none of it is particularly nice to hear.

if you read between teh lines he says a lot. and none of it is particularly nice to hear.
    How far do i have to zoom in between the lines ? tried 800x but still can't see anything between the lines (

Quote Originally Posted by Elfgirl View Post
    The lack of information said and the fact that she said originally there was going to be a lot to post this month makes me think this "new" Funcom is kind of censoring what she was going to put in this as well as possibly "phasing out" AO.
    It depends on how you look at it. To us, we were expecting a wall of text, followed by something major that would affect us in a huge way. This move and company restructuring has been huge for them, and honestly I think Ilaliya put all that he could out there, and is still in a pickle himself about all this. If your looking at the information from their point of view, this IS huge information. I certainly think it is, and really he answered all the questions we had as far as engine+NPE+Merge goes.

I would also like to know about the steam thing, aka does that come out with the NPE or with the merge?

Another question I have for you Ilaliya, because it is a "Live Team" now, and it is a single team, does that mean that whenever the suits decide they want the team working on a different project, the entire team focuses on that project, AKA they decide that everyone should work on a new expansion for AoC, so AO and TSW are put on hold until the new expac is done, or will the dev group shrink significantly down to a couple of people working on the other two MMOs until the main project is complete?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast