Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- January 25th 2013

I find it kinda depressing to read some comments in this thread (and others). I mean, yeah, the engine upgrade will be totally awesome and everything and we've been waiting forever, but I personally think that the server merge is probably the most important thing to happen to Anarchy Online in years (along with the NPE).

Old players will be back. Heck, they already are coming back, I've seen it.

It just seems that a lot of negativity is being strewn about simply because it looks like the popular thing to do.

Graphics aren't everything, you know.
    Last edited by Nuhmudiira; Jan 26th, 2013 at 04:49:52.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Well i wont pay anouther fee for this game until i see server merge and drop in price. 14.99 a month is too much for a game that not alot of people play....tsw is free for god sake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    I have always (perhaps blindly) stood against the naysayers and always hoped to see FC deliver on its promises but this really looks bad.

Although I remain hopeful (gotta love a sucka) I would love to see how many people will sub for > 1 month periods having read this
    I will get another year for sure!
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudiira View Post
    I find it kinda depressing to read some comments in this thread (and others). I mean, yeah, the engine upgrade will be totally awesome and everything and we've been waiting forever, but I personally think that the server merge is probably the most important thing to happen to Anarchy Online in years (along with the NPE).

Old players will be back. Heck, they already are coming back, I've seen it.

It just seems that a lot of negativity is being strewn about simply because it looks like the popular thing to do.

Merging is very important. It will define it the game survives or not.
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudiira View Post
    For a game that came out in 2001 without one single graphics update it can be pretty significant for attracting new players, a.k.a potential cash to keep it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    For a game that came out in 2001 without one single graphics update it can be pretty significant for attracting new players, a.k.a potential cash to keep it alive.
    Textures got updated in SL. Another update in AI, as well as some lighting improvements. Massively improved ground textures some time between AI and LE.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by FunCom
    As part of the restructuring Funcom is establishing a joint, centralized live team at its studio in Raleigh, North Carolina, whose primary responsibility will be expanding and enhancing the Company’s three live games and making sure the thriving community of loyal players receive the support they have come to expect after years of successful live operation. The centralized live team consists of many of the talented people that worked on those games previously, and it is Funcom’s ambition that each game will benefit from having a shared pool of skill, competence and creativity that makes up this highly experienced group of developers in the centralized, joint team in Raleigh, North Carolina.
    Source:
    http://www.funcom.com/news/update_on...turing_process
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

We're thriving! Successfully!
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Well, I know that there have been times when the AO Team had to go to the AoC Team for help regarding the new engine code. I'm thinking having all 3 teams consolidated into 1 would mean more knowledgeable devs working together which could mean problem solving and content creation would be easier to handle.

On the other hand, the 1 team is likely to be smaller than all the 3 current teams due to FC's "restructuring".

So it could be good, or not so good. Only time will tell.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Well, I know that there have been times when the AO Team had to go to the AoC Team for help regarding the new engine code. I'm thinking having all 3 teams consolidated into 1 would mean more knowledgeable devs working together which could mean problem solving and content creation would be easier to handle.

On the other hand, the 1 team is likely to be smaller than all the 3 current teams due to FC's "restructuring".

This is also something I was wondering.

If there is any info about the new team at NC that they can share with us in terms of size, I would be interested in hearing it.

That said, we know that everyone isn't gonna be transferred to the NC team. Will we be getting a mega post from those who would be leaving so we can thank them for the time spent on the game?
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by chemitron View Post
    I will get another year for sure!
    Yay, I will still get my arul sabas for 1 more year!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Come visit Denmark, beers are on me

<3
    Can I come if I bring... Flæsk?
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

It sure will at first, we already "lost" Vhab. It just normal that not everyone wants to move to a new location for obvious reasons.
    But if the size increases again afterwards through new recruits, that's where it will get interesting.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

how good it is depends entirely on how many of our current team is making the move to NC. and judging by their careful pussyfooting around the issue i take it to mean either none or very few of them are making the move...

so yea, ****'s ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytime View Post
    Well i wont pay anouther fee for this game until i see server merge and drop in price. 14.99 a month is too much for a game that not alot of people play....tsw is free for god sake!!!
    You aren't allowed to bitch about 14,99... When we pay 17,19...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Read the EULA if you want the long version of that.

last i checked, EU law ruled that eulas are not legally binding agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    last i checked, EU law ruled that eulas are not legally binding agreements.
    and this would ofc be valid if you live in Europe and part of EU
    220 Engineer - Roboholic
    195 Agent - Bawler

unless there is a new institution called EU, short for Entire Universe
    220 Engineer - Roboholic
    195 Agent - Bawler

european union is best union.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    See you on MW Online when it goes live? Better than continuing to play Call of Banality: Modern Borefare until the next crappy title.
    Can find me as POWR in MWO these days, member of Skye Rangers
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast