UK: "EU? loljk"

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    See you on MW Online when it goes live? Better than continuing to play Call of Banality: Modern Borefare until the next crappy title.
    I've had a try at Mechwarrior Online, it looks like my computer (which was pretty damn good 4 years ago) really doesn't like it, terrible lag...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I've had a try at Mechwarrior Online, it looks like my computer (which was pretty damn good 4 years ago) really doesn't like it, terrible lag...
    Yea, MWO presently requires a bit of a powerhouse to run properly at even medium settings on a 1920x1080 display. The Radeon 6850 and 3.2ghz Athlon X4 I have at work just manages to keep a 30 fps average.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The EULA is a contract. The laws of a country are always above any terms of a contract. In fact a contract is void (totally or partially) if it contradicts those laws.
    Also, any promise or agreement made outside the EULA is not subjected to the terms of the EULA.

This means that if I promise verbally to wash a car before i deliver it to a buyer it is my obligation to do so, even if it is not in the contract.

Or in the case of FC's broken promises, it doesnt matter what is in the EULA.

And no, dont go on suing FC just because of broken promises, you only have a case if you can prove that you were seriously inconvenienced by it.

In general legal terms, the people complaining about broken promises are correct. But the only things they can do about it is stop paying for the game. And whine a bit on the forums.

well i foolishly bought thte stupid 98euro upgrade thing a couple months ago so my account is paid until 2014. looks like i got a year and a few months in which to whine loudly on the forums.

Everyone knows you can whine without an active sub, Lazy!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

yes but with an active sub i can feel more entitled about my whining.

ewwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    You aren't allowed to bitch about 14,99... When we pay 17,19...

Sure i can bitch.If i pay only 1 dollar a month and there are no players doing raids and no server merge than any amount of money is to much.

1)What other game is that much to play?
    2)Dropping the price will get more players to come back.Most people have to have more than one account to make up for team members.Thats 30 bucks a month for me!!!Just so i can have 2 toons stand around bor and pvp?
    3)if you pay 17.99 then shame on you for letting them **** you like that.

The subscription price should be looked at seriously. I could buy TSW for 10 bucks and play their top of the line AAA mmo for nothing after that purchase and yet an ancient game is still charging a premium price for an underpopulated and slowly developed game.

Curious how many people are paying for two accounts ( or more ) just so they can have toons to team with?

Hehe, TSW got a dishonourable mention.. also, this looks like the future for our AO.

Foolish, I know, but I long for the olden days when this mgame was taken seriously by FC.
    I wish I may, I wish I might...

Oh well, no fool like an old fool.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I for one would love to see a reduction in the subs I have two accounts. Paying £30 per month means I will not touch there ingame shop I pay to much already.

As I see it though FC have backed themselves into a corner with subscription fees.

If they half there sub fee their monthly income goes down by 50% thats alot of money. With their player base as small as it is I doubt they could afford to lose that, and they certainly would not attract enough new players to make up for that lose.

Therefor I imagine they have made the decision to keep the sub as high as it is as the risk on getting the money back on new subs is way to high.

Just speculation on my part but the only one I feel makes any sence on why a game this old charges so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorfix View Post

If they half there sub fee their monthly income goes down by 50% thats alot of money. With their player base as small as it is I doubt they could afford to lose that, and they certainly would not attract enough new players to make up for that lose.

Therefor I imagine they have made the decision to keep the sub as high as it is as the risk on getting the money back on new subs is way to high.
    My thoughts too. I also think most AO players are dedicated/love the game enough to pay an expensive subscription fee provided that the game is being worked on.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    My thoughts too. I also think most AO players are dedicated/love the game enough to pay an expensive subscription fee provided that the game is being worked on.
    AO needs new players. They can't rely on nostalgia to keep this game alive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    i think that's the plan. milk the nostalgia dollar until the last jaded vet quits.

My monies on teh Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i think that's the plan. milk the nostalgia dollar until the last jaded vet quits.
    That was there plan years ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    That was there plan years ago lol
    Something about "one being born every minute" applies here. After typing my original comment, I take it all back. FC CAN rely on nostalgia to keep this game alive and have proved it.

Dark Days Are Coming....
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

A big part of FC's income could be coming from inactive accounts that people forgot about and did not quit when they left the game. In 12 years of people come and go i can imagine that some seriouse money comes together that way.

When the itemshop came to the game i saw several people selling stuff from the item shop for ingame money so they used that system to farm ingame credits. In my personal oppinion S10 got its profit nerfed because the intention was to make credits more rare and to encourage that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    I guess thats why the NPE and engine upgrades where such a high priority. Giving new players the impression of a fresh new game rather than rebalance and new items for the older players.

I still think that even with the problems and bugs this game has at the moment it could still life for some more years but it will not win a fight versus other modern games in the wide market but could live pretty well in the niche it is but it needs a credit and item redesign and from that a new balance, a redesign of special attacks and a bit of a redesign of some class toolsets. Imagine the energy that has been "wasted" into the engine would have been spend on new items/weapons/armor/implants/quests for all classes on all levels. Even the oldest TGC can become interesting again with a few new cards.

On the route this game is now i expect its shutdown announced arround june/july maybe earlier. I would back a kickstarter to get this game and its communities out of... FC's hands.

The restructuring process includes a reduction in headcount at the Montreal studio among those who have not been relocated to Raleigh to be part of the centralized live team or who are not part of the new team which will be working with mobile, tablet and technology. As a natural result of the completion of the development on ‘The Secret World’, the Beijing studio, which primary responsibility was delivering art and animation to that project, will be closed down this year and the live team in Raleigh will be equipped with resources to produce visual assets for upcoming updates to the three live games. There has also been a staff reduction at the Raleigh studio in certain departments.

http://www.funcom.com/news/update_on...turing_process

Don't like the sound of it at all. All the best to the people that will have to leave...

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast