Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist Re-Balance

Meta-Physicist Re-Balance

To Begin with, A Meta-Physicist has never been a big role in either pvm or pvp at most levels - From what i've seen since played one since 2006. Some make good lowbie twinks, some are seen to be OP because of Shield of Zset....

But what i do not understand is Funcom's Logic.... not just for Meta-Physicist, but this affects other profs too in a wide range of ways.

I've used many setups on my 220 mp since i created it, Bow, 1hb, pistol, 2he, 2hb.... The major thing we miss is Support.....
    Funcom classify us a support profession, if you mean by following lowbie alts around with a Heal Pet, Sure. We are a support profession.... IF you think that helping buff alts, twinks and mains so that they can cast their higher nano's for pvp/pvm.... Okay, We are support....

But we don't do anything in a team/pvp as far as support.... Oh we can give you 1.3k nano every minute or so..... GREAT HELP!!! Nt's can do that even quicker with a nano. They also provide mezzing and decent help in PVP.

Getting to the POINT!

Meta-Physicist Re-balance see's that we get our HUGE AMOUNT (5 in total) Blockers removed from our main Defense nano Sacrificial Shielding (which btw we can only cast every 30s and lasts only a minute or until blockers are used). However Engineers get a nano that provides you with 7 blockers, that refreshes every 30s and the nano lasts 2 hours.... Yet, they decided to take away the blockers on the MP's SS..... {inappropriate}.

They also decide, Shield of Zset, finally MP's get some love to make us decent in pvp. We finally survive longer then 5-10 minutes in pvp. You know what, Soldiers get their RRFE as well as SL Shields, but lets give them some more... AMS... AMS X Provides a soldier with 82+ Reflect and 225+ Max Reflect while also being able to have Pre-Nullity Sphere running which provides 38+ Reflect and 68+ Max Reflect. Now this Pre-Nullity nano lasts for 4 hours upon casting, and from what i've read (correct me if im wrong) refreshes every 10s?
    AMS can be casted ever 3 1/2 Minutes, but lasts only 1 1/2 Minutes due to Nano Shutdown effect.

Shield of Zset only gives us +30 Reflect. That's it.... We can't have a weapon wielded with it because its 2HB..... But by all means, Soldiers can have any weapon they want to equip....
    Sure, MPs have their pets, but as most people who use a pet class know this.
    1.) Pet's pathing is still broken
    2.) Pets have the lowest amount of Nano Resist ever, Crats can steal them, Fixers can snare them, most classes can do something to them to make them useless and leave an mp with a shield.
    3.) Pets can be easily killed with such high attack/specials that are around today.

The point im trying to make is that Funcom are guilty of being {inappropriate}.
    Mp's play no MASSIVE roll in AO unlike everyone else, there are instances that require certain classes, raids that are made better with docs, tanks, DD..... Mp's provide..... Buffs to those already in team?

There is no possible reason to invite an mp to a team unless you are desperate for that little bit of DD or is just who cares who comes a long, the more the merrier.

There is no support for an MP through Perks, Symbs, to make it a formidable opponent or asset to the team. We share a Perk Line with MA's (ranger) in which we cannot perk higher then level 6.
    We have perk lines which no tl 7 mp with any sense of direction would use that offer Trade Skills,
    when was the last time you saw a MP Trade skilling anything other then Implants because we have 1k without any IP at TL 7. Traders and Engineers get support more then us as to Trade Skilling, PVP or PVM.

All im saying is at this Rate..... Why have MP's as a class? I enjoy being a non-shield MP.
    But give us more support with a Bow.
    Dont give us crappy Casting Weapons again, Didn't work the first time. What makes you think its going to work this time? Only casting weapon used EVER was shield of Zset and you're Nerfing that.
    Give us a reason to be invited to teams, dont tell us we are getting a helping hand with nano buffing... so teams will want us..... NT's can do a better job than us at that and be more of an asset to a team.

Give Anarchy Online Players a REASON to want to make an MP other than "Oh i need a buff toon for CT,CM,CI" Or a Pocket MP that just follows alts around with a heal pet.

Im Suprised more people havent complained at whats happening to their Professions.
    Look what happened to Keepers, the once proud and amazing PVP'ers got the worst nerf of all.
    Funcom felt bad so they re-did something that they will never do for mps, made an instance that Keepers are needed for.....

Regards,

A Meta-Physicist since 2006.

Choko.
    Last edited by Vhab; Feb 4th, 2013 at 17:22:05. Reason: Removed inappropriate remarks

great idea. let's give mp's engineer blockers and soldier prenul and ams5.

tbh, they could also use crat aad auras and doc ch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander1992 View Post
    Funcom felt bad so they re-did something that they will never do for mps, made an instance that Keepers are needed for.....
    im actually surpriced 12man is as fun as it is.
    FC might just as well made boss do a random nuke that scans the area for item-x (keeper in this case) and then kills everyone if none can be found, without anyone knowing why people die without any apparent reason.

but indeed. while other games go towards "bring the player, not the profession" we really need something similar to MPs what keepers have.. one boss in all game where is random check for "do you have mp? no? die!"

And make it something silly. Like boss-add that oneshots everyone except Mortificant.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

...or a boss which blocks all healing except for that of Mortificant...

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    im actually surpriced 12man is as fun as it is.
    FC might just as well made boss do a random nuke that scans the area for item-x (keeper in this case) and then kills everyone if none can be found, without anyone knowing why people die without any apparent reason.

but indeed. while other games go towards "bring the player, not the profession" we really need something similar to MPs what keepers have.. one boss in all game where is random check for "do you have mp? no? die!"

And make it something silly. Like boss-add that oneshots everyone except Mortificant.

Or nukes like a crazymofo unless you NSD him. That'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Or nukes like a crazymofo unless you NSD him. That'd be fun.
    too mainstream flow of thought, everything AO is not.

so, how about new research line where 10.th level proc is "makes your team immune to firedamage in db3" and make the fires cover all floor!
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Feb 2nd, 2013 at 19:24:44.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Shield metaphysicists, need less defense, more things that do damage.

Bow metaphysicist, need a little more defense.

and that monsters need to respond in some way to what a metaphysicist does is not news. Would metaphysicists be able to lower team members' threat levels, and raise others, that would be nice, and would not require some specific thing in every dungeon, would make dungeons better, and players would not just be complaining about some other profession not getting in teams as much.

Making every dungeon in the game require a metaphysicist and keeper for some silly reason just makes either dungeons a huge frustration to do for players, and/or a real pain to design without requiring the encounter to be a raid.

Going in the direction of "Non required, but extremely nice to have things" in a profession's power is the way to go.
    Last edited by wonderland; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 02:58:46.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

lets also make agents useful by making a part in a quest/pf where you have to sneak past some mobs!
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName View Post
    lets also make agents useful by making a part in a quest/pf where you have to sneak past some mobs!
    lets have boss loot in a chest thats behind corridor of spinning saw-blades. You need to be small to get past them! you're unable to use leet-morph and crowl.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    great idea. let's give mp's engineer blockers and soldier prenul and ams5.

tbh, they could also use crat aad auras and doc ch as well.
    +1 Fantastic idea!!! I approve this message...

Or you could compare it to advy evades, heals, cocoon. Not much difference except advy's can actually alpha in pvp also. Which gives them the edge still.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

All round with any profession there is much needed to be done, but they shouldn't be nerf'ing them. Keepers who were once one of the top PVP'ers already copped it, and now they are useless in pvp 1 v 1.

Funcom need to seriously re-think their strategy behind pvp and pvm content otherwise this game will soon lose more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    +1 Fantastic idea!!! I approve this message...

Or you could compare it to advy evades, heals, cocoon. Not much difference except advy's can actually alpha in pvp also. Which gives them the edge still.
    Whenever I put down new ideas for what could be done with the MP, I always use Adventuers as sort of the MP pole star to compare ourselves to. Both are Jack-(or Jill) of all Trade professions, have CC/DD/Healing/Support capabilities, but obviously the Advie has it enough to be a solid choice, the MP, not so much.

A big problem, however, is how to fix the issues we have as a profession without blatantly ripping off everyone else's toolset to do it. At this point, I have a more than sneaking su****ion that I've done enough writing and thinking on this to have a solid chance of flat-out rewriting the prof myself from the ground up and have it at least be solid and viable. MP's have a lot of potential that's been left ignored or untouched since Classic AO, honestly, and with a few tweaks and stretches we could have a lot more options and capabilities in our hands than we do now without breaking the game or having everyone else scream "Nerf MPs!"

Though I still don't know why the last nano document has a DoT resistance line.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander1992 View Post
    Keepers who were once one of the top PVP'ers already copped it, and now they are useless in pvp 1 v 1.
    Not really. Good keepers still kill people.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Confirmed: MP players are the most crying babies of AO History.

Remove the Profession!
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Confirmed: MP players are the most crying babies of AO History.

Remove the Profession!
    Not every1 :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

hai. sorry to burst your bubble, but rebalance? not gonna happen. (prove me wrong!) so quit going all emo about it.

Rebalance or sell a profession change item in paid shop lol. Sick of being the fat kid in gym class and not getting picked for teams haha.

well i can see the issue, but mp is decent compared to a keeper.

At least Keepers get used in teams a lot more then a keeper,
    12man for instance, Keepers can pop out a lot more DD then an mp in PVM. They just aren't as good as solo'ing mobs as an mp is thanks to evades.

Every prof needs work, but its just mp's are the ones getting left behind when it comes to
    raids etc. They offer nothing really to team.

MP was perfectly fine for me and played above average until 215 to 220. Problem is other professions rather than a deficiency with MP's themselves, asside from a lack of nuke progression after tl4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast