Thread: Regearing 150 advy

Regearing 150 advy

Sup forums

Well, long story short, S10s was nerfed, I became angry, and stripped my poor advy (opi) of his gear(melee) and his soul for money, the root of all happiness.

So, here I am after 3ish years, looking to help my poor advy regain his honor.

At the moment, the only items I currently have left on him are:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=196299

I'm not going to beat around the bush: I am very destitute (struggling to feed my leets). Also, I've been away from the game for a while.

Help me with an equip please. I'm not looking for any OP setup to speed run to 220, just something to enjoy playing my toon.

TLDR:

Poor man looking to regear 150/20/42 melee advy for mostly pvm fun/leveling and the occasional BS daily. Help me with equip please and I luv you long time.

If i were you id slap on okish gear and stay 150 a while, s10 is denerfed now. Farm up some bots, relay droprate have increased alot and gen spawn area moved to start of sector in an instance. Crispys should do okay on aliens abd they are cheap or free if you get em yourself.
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    If i were you id slap on okish gear and stay 150 a while, s10 is denerfed now. Farm up some bots, relay droprate have increased alot and gen spawn area moved to start of sector in an instance. Crispys should do okay on aliens abd they are cheap or free if you get em yourself.
    What he said. :-)

If you are still 150 you can equip Lion's or Predator and farm some relays in S10 for credits.

If you already leveled past 150 then your best / cheap armour option is Goddess armour which you can farm in Dark Ruins in Adonis (but that require that you first do solo quest there).
    However you will need some friends or invite from friendly team as you will not be able to solo it.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

haven't touch s10 for 3yrs or so since last time when bounty still drop....maybe i should pop there also with my lv136ma and see if i can fare well ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Thanks for the replies.

I hate to ask this: would the fixer I've been leveling be a better choice for s10s?

He's a 138/8ish/20ish trox (no GA) I planned to take into s10s for AIxp eventually. So far he's sitting on a 244 syndicate, and a few s10 ready symbiants/implants.

However, my advy has experience and a few toys (IS pads, 20 alien levels, etc).

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm sitting on a 200 steel-ribbed set that I can temporarily use.

Edit: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=173927 (equip prior to stripping)
    Last edited by smiles1k; May 9th, 2014 at 21:49:25.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles1k View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I hate to ask this: would the fixer I've been leveling be a better choice for s10s?

He's a 138/8ish/20ish trox (no GA) I planned to take into s10s for AIxp eventually. So far he's sitting on a 244 syndicate, and a few s10 ready symbiants/implants.

However, my advy has experience and a few toys (IS pads, 20 alien levels, etc).

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm sitting on a 200 steel-ribbed set that I can temporarily use.

Edit: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=173927 (equip prior to stripping)
    Fixer does aigth in s10 as well. its just players preference i guess. :-)
    I have made a MAx2, shade and Keeper in there all nice to use for killing aliens. :-)

Fix pretty low dd, max dd would probbly be MA or MP in my experience. Tryed most profs, and these 2 stand out

Phatz!!

I'm not as strapped for cash as I made it seemed ( can farm crap on endgame toons), but I wanted to avoid all of this because my subscription is ending in a few days. Wanted to accomplish something before it ended that maybe, just maybe, will motivate me to go another month or so. Had so much fun running around ely and scheol on a gimp fixer that I didnt burn millions on. I figured that my advy would be as much fun, minus the mediocre-low damage.

Fix pretty low dd, max dd would probbly be MA or MP in my experience. Tryed most profs, and these 2 stand out
    Tell me more about this MP you speak of

Can make mp very cheap and do great dd. Mine is setup with most dd gear making it an expensive one, can post setup later. But its no prob making a cheap also i use left skull from IS+premium arctic mace basicly free wpns. Can also use hungry howlet, slap on miy, ofab whatever free/cheap armor and will still do great. Wpns hits for around 1-1.5 k, crits 3-3.5k + nukes 1.5kish and at last meatball for around 800-1k. So all in all lots of dd.
    Finished my ma few days ago with most add dd thingys, mp still odds it:P

Phatz!!

Tell me more about this MP you speak of
    Setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=196312
    With http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=288293 X2
    And http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=43716 As pet.

Fun setup :-P

Shame Spec pistols cant be used on 150 though:/

Phatz!!

Shame Spec pistols cant be used on 150 though:/
    Just use ofab or something then.. several pistols to choose from.

Also, TEP is the pet you're thinking of.

Mind me asking, why use this setup on a pvm MP rather than something along the lines of a crat, engi, Jobe pistol advy, or even one of those bizarre evade soljas?

Just asking

Animalz setups are expensive.

you can do TOTALLY fine with way, way, way less.

I'm playing an MA on beta with an oddball mix of level 140-150ish symbs, 200 implants, 125 ofab non-upgraded pants and some predators with a couple of spirit focus and I'm still churning out loads of damage and very good survival.

For Advy, I'd recommend getting yourself two crispy chiropteras, a couple pieces of predator (you can solo that stuff very easily), and if you feel inclined get some symbs, but honestly the only symb you pretty much *should* have is brain. all the other slots can be implants without that much sacrifice, especially if you're just fighting in S10: max your evade close, melee init, fast attack, nano init and nano resist, try to get as close to MBS as you can, and just play conservatively until you get more hardcore gear.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Animalz setups are expensive.
    Yes they are!

Mind me asking, why use this setup on a pvm MP rather than something along the lines of a crat, engi, Jobe pistol advy, or even one of those bizarre evade soljas?

Just asking
    Players preference. Totally up to you what you choose.
    I can make setups for any prof, just /pst me if you want some ideas. :-) expensive or cheap.. can make both.