Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 200 NT vs 200 MP duel results

200 NT vs 200 MP duel results

Stargates 200 NT vs Psimp 200 MP

Stargates is my NT
    Psimp is Psikie's MP

2 - 0 my wins.

First duel was OS, double, perks, triple. Second duel was OS, NF, triple...

(19:06) You hit Psimp with nanobots for 1589 points of radiation damage.
    (19:06) Nano program executed successfully.
    (19:06) You hit Psimp with nanobots for 1846 points of radiation damage.
    (19:06) You hit Psimp with nanobots for 1744 points of radiation damage.
    (19:06) You hit Psimp with nanobots for 1846 points of radiation damage.
    (19:06) You have won the duel!
    (19:06) You gained 83 PVP Duel Score.

That was about 4.5 seconds, and it was a complete alpha from full health.

Psikie will have to say what he used, my windows were not set up to show me what I countered and what hit me. I dropped from about 11k max health down to 9500 max health during the duel. I can post a setup that I used if needed, but it was an NR1 setup with nearly 1900 NR and 1524 PM and 1629 MC.

The server was pretty laggy but the duels both went pretty quickly. If it was not so laggy we could have tried a few more.

Wow this confirmed everything that everyone already knew.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

shocker

but glad u did the duels to prove it anyways.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

I nor did anyone expect a 200 MP to beat a 200 NT. However i really had nothing to lose in trying. Gate had a lot more on the line than me. Setup was 220 symbs and 225 officers with 200 kyr hammer and mocham guard shield. I just used MQ no eNSD or NSD attempts. No absorb from IS and I don't know if nano feast/ ka mon landed.

I really just wanted to see if Gates would actually duel and not just talk. Had I wanted to have forum bragging rights I would have set my pet to /heal, and /guard, then perked up nr6+ and beat him down with my hammer. But that would not have been very sporting of me.

Gates came to play and he brought his "A" game. He totally dominated the duels. Now I can respect him. Well fought.
    Last edited by Psikie; Feb 17th, 2013 at 21:25:16.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I nor did anyone expect a 220 MP to beat a 200 NT.
    200* MP I think you meant ^_^

I'm not sure your NR6 strat would work. I mean, all he has to do is not Q you to never agg the atk pet right? and you can't change heal pet targets so he just has to nuke it to pieces to make that useless. Destroy both pets, then he can start on you (and use q to stop sitkit heals)
    Last edited by Byste; Feb 17th, 2013 at 21:22:55.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    I'm not sure your NR6 strat would work.
    Not really a strat, it's a fake setup that would only work for 1 fight. It's not something anyone would expect until too late.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I nor did anyone expect a 200 MP to beat a 200 NT. However i really had nothing to lose in trying. Gate had a lot more on the line than me. Setup was 220 symbs and 225 officers with 200 kyr hammer and mocham guard shield. I just used MQ no eNSD or NSD attempts. No absorb from IS and I don't know if nano feast/ ka mon landed.

I really just wanted to see if Gates would actually duel and not just talk. Had I wanted to have forum bragging rights I would have set my pet to /heal, and /guard, then perked up nr6+ and beat him down with my hammer. But that would not have been very sporting of me.

Gates came to play and he brought his "A" game. He totally dominated the duels. Now I can respect him. Well fought.
    I was prepared for NR6. The only chance you really had was being able to cast eNSD and also being able to cast it under zap nano's debuff since 1 eNSD would not have been enough.

Think we have some others building 200 MP's and we might have some more duels just to post.

So can you show us the setup you used on your nt? I'm not really surprised you beat someone if the mp itself isn't really pimped out to the max.

We are, afterall talking about 200 twinks, and they are known to be extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    So can you show us the setup you used on your nt? I'm not really surprised you beat someone if the mp itself isn't really pimped out to the max.

We are, afterall talking about 200 twinks, and they are known to be extreme.
    this.

What the result actually show is that a TL5 MP in sub -par gear leveled to 200 got mince-meat'd by a well setup 200 NT.

(Not taking anything away from the duelers, but I agree with Hardcore - I want to see a TWINK MP results in a duel)

Gates, I got a 200/65ish/30 enf in a 99% setup I'll do some duels with you if you're interested.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=177543

That was the setup I used, the differences in gear are not exactly substantial, if anything there was a clear difference in effort despite the time available. A complete setup would have yellow belt and top CS and a slightly different perk setup. There is also room for improvement in the implants, with a 250-270 AAD left arm and NR wrist.

As for dueling your enf Noobas, that would be fine but I can already tell you that is a much harder fight. I will be forced to use NBG to avoid being alphad or I would require def focus and a very long, drawn out fight where I cycle debuffs on you until you die. You should also have a way to guarantee a win against me if you know the tools to use. Finally, there is a particularly nasty type of enforcer setup that is damn near impossible for an NT to beat in a duel, and I would much rather face an NR6 shade

I'm not really interested in duels of any sort unless I need to test something or prove a point but if you would like the experience or maybe to learn a few tricks I would be happy to oblige. If you dueled Giit and Phazon you could also learn quite a bit more as well, they are both more proficient with NT's than I am.
    Last edited by Gatester; Feb 18th, 2013 at 04:33:44.

bleh.

now that I think of it I can't be bothered. When I do get time to play, I'm always so swamped just trying to do the stuff I'm needed for, let alone the stuff I want to do, so I'll retract my offer, because it'll just end up being an empty forum promise.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    What the result actually show is that a TL5 MP in sub -par gear leveled to 200 got mince-meat'd by a well setup 200 NT.

(Not taking anything away from the duelers, but I agree with Hardcore - I want to see a TWINK MP results in a duel)
    You and everyone else. Frankly this whole thing has been rather disappointing. (For those of you who missed it, the derailment of the original thread started here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...30#post6114430) The thread got huge and my memory got vague with all the skim-reading, but the impression I got is this:

- OP talks about triples/doubles being overpowered at a certain level range.
    - NT posts his PoV on the matter, agreeing with OP.
    - MP disagrees with NT, gives the impression he's uber, and challenges NT to duel to prove the point.
    - After much back-and-forthing NT agrees to make a twink on TestLive.
    - MP backpeddles and tries to set restrictions on equipping TestLive toons. Makes a lesser twink than he could have.
    - NT goes ahead and makes a proper twink.
    - NT beats sub-par equipped MP in duel.

Not only does this prove nothing but it doesn't even address the point of the original argument: supposedly, a proper MP twink can beat a proper NT twink at level 200. This seems like a total waste of everyone's time, and I wasn't even involved in the actual combat testing. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:54:22. Reason: i r typ0 kween
    :E

I nor did anyone expect a 200 MP to beat a 200 NT. However i really had nothing to lose in trying.
    Am I the only one who misunderstood his earlier posts then?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie
    I've NEVER lost a duel to an NT doubles/triples are irrelevant. There is more than one way to shut down an NT with an MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie
    YOU say you can beat a MP with an NT I say PROVE it, because I know how to play MP and there is not a NT I have EVER seen that can beat an MP I control.
    And good job Gatester going that extra mile to prove him wrong.
    Seeing this thread made my day!

References: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=601699

Psikie ...

did I read correctly that you didn't attempt a single eNSD? oO
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    bleh.

now that I think of it I can't be bothered. When I do get time to play, I'm always so swamped just trying to do the stuff I'm needed for, let alone the stuff I want to do, so I'll retract my offer, because it'll just end up being an empty forum promise.
    Yeah, no problem...I pretty much have no motivation for it myself and would like to do other things

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    did I read correctly that you didn't attempt a single eNSD? oO
    I have a feeling he lacked the nanoskills for it. He said he tried Curse of Cronos though...I'm sure you will have the same reaction I had when you read that.

Sorry for your disappointment, but lets get something clear here. I wasn't dueling for any of you I was dueling for myself. I wanted to see if Gates would duel and back up his words. So now I can look at his posts and feel he knows a thing or two about AO. The good majority of forum posters just talk and talk and talk. Finally I found someone who is willing to back things up they post. If it took a little extra trash talk on my part to force the issue so be it. But I found what I was looking for.

As far as restrictions... lord have mercy. I didn't put restrictions I said what I was going to do and did, I pretty much made the toon in about 10min in front of auto. Gates was free to do what he chose. I don't have the time to play my reg account AND build 1x usage toons fully twinked on test. I actually work a full time job.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Sorry for your disappointment, but lets get something clear here. I wasn't dueling for any of you I was dueling for myself. I wanted to see if Gates would duel and back up his words. So now I can look at his posts and feel he knows a thing or two about AO. The good majority of forum posters just talk and talk and talk. Finally I found someone who is willing to back things up they post. If it took a little extra trash talk on my part to force the issue so be it. But I found what I was looking for.

As far as restrictions... lord have mercy. I didn't put restrictions I said what I was going to do and did, I pretty much made the toon in about 10min in front of auto. Gates was free to do what he chose. I don't have the time to play my reg account AND build 1x usage toons fully twinked on test. I actually work a full time job.
    Yeah, we tend to talk and talk and talk, usually because we know what we are talking about.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yeah, we tend to talk and talk and talk, usually because we know what we are talking about.
    Funny I didnt see you out there dueling.....

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funny I didnt see you out there dueling.....
    I wasn't the one who said he couldn't be beaten on an MP by any NT at 200.

Years of experience, for everyone who actually played the 200 bracket, says MP gets steamrolled unless he is extremely lucky or twinked to the point that the MP player actually has his play-time restricted by his mental nurse.
    Last edited by Raggy; Feb 18th, 2013 at 20:23:58.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast