Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Before there where the city Whompas people got around Rubi-Ka just fine, there wasn't any real issue with that.
    Just now that there were there and are gone again it is nearly impossible to do it?
    Sounds ridiculous.

If - just as one example - one just pulls missions in PW and doesn't want to travel that far then he is at fault, not the game which offers plenty of other places to get missions for.
    first of all, your opinion means squat, just because you have no problem with it does not mean it's not an issue for others. something that has been an integral part of the game as long as this, should have been dealt with prior to the removal of player city's.

and no i don't want to roll fixer/doc/trader. nor do i feel i should have to spend more$$$ to buy the itemshop nano, which imo should be a quest reward for all prof. with no grid access.

this whole merge debacle was completely shortsighted.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    first of all, your opinion means squat, just because you have no problem with it does not mean it's not an issue for others. something that has been an integral part of the game as long as this, should have been dealt with prior to the removal of player city's.

and no i don't want to roll fixer/doc/trader. nor do i feel i should have to spend more$$$ to buy the itemshop nano, which imo should be a quest reward for all prof. with no grid access.

Or you could just, you know, not be a gimp and fly out there. PW... Oh dear, all of 2 minutes of flying.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Or you could just, you know, not be a gimp and fly out there. PW... Oh dear, all of 2 minutes of flying.
    or you could think before you post

flying out there is not an issue, fgrid from a fixer and your close to where you need to be.
    returning from a blitz mish in north dav, or returning from smugglers den area, or a whole host of others is the issue, we should not have to fly across 2 or more zones to get back to civilization.
    at the very least each zone should have a grid entrance imo.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

People are selling warp services back to Borealis for 500k credits. I bet they're making at least 100mil per day.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

or you could think before you post

flying out there is not an issue, fgrid from a fixer and your close to where you need to be.
    returning from a blitz mish in north dav, or returning from smugglers den area, or a whole host of others is the issue, we should not have to fly across 2 or more zones to get back to civilization.
    If you don't feel you should, there are ways to circumvent that.

I completely disagree that every zone should have a grid exit/entrance.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

And just as it is an issue to you and a couple others it doesn't automatically mean its significant either.
    Just because something "has been an integral part" also doesn't imply it was right or perfect. Hence I think your point is no better nor worse than mine.

Imho you don't have the slightest idea how much planning and work went into this.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

(snipped)... we should not have to fly across 2 or more zones to get back to civilization.
    Playing pre-LE, I'll be the first to admit that I absolutely fell in love with the city whompahs. I will miss them, but it's not something I can't do without. It doesn't affect my gameplay substantially on any of my toons (most of which have no type of grid nanos).

If you feel like you shouldn't have to fly across zones, don't venture out. I don't see the hardship - point the toon in the right direction, hit 0, stretch, have a bio, grab a drink and relax.

Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

ill put it in simpler terms ao has many issues making playing it less fun adding another one on purpose is probably a bad idea im perfectly capable of running back and forth all over rk with no grid or whompas but i probably wouldnt have played more than a month if i had to never mind 6 years or more of subscribing this wont stop me playing im too attached but its one more straw and enough of em might break the camels back

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    ill put it in simpler terms ao has many issues making playing it less fun adding another one on purpose is probably a bad idea im perfectly capable of running back and forth all over rk with no grid or whompas but i probably wouldnt have played more than a month if i had to never mind 6 years or more of subscribing this wont stop me playing im too attached but its one more straw and enough of em might break the camels back
    Back in high school my teacher showed us a book where the final page was one long sentence. Quite incomprehensible, although "artistic."
    Please, please use punctuation!

As to the traveling, I'd like to have grid points in each zone - it would make sense both in an RP sense and in terms of daily life of players.
    However, I'm sure we'll then see posters whining that the terminal is too far from their mission locations..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Interesting discussion. I think it has a lot to do with what version of AO you first played/fell in love with. Relative to Masta, I'm a newbie. The player city transport system was in place when I started, and removing it from my perspective feels like the game just got worse. For a veteran, it understandably seems like the world was cleansed of an ugly mistake. I don't think there is one right answer here necessarily.

So true. I was here before the cities so I won't miss them any if the fully remove the outdoor ones. But I can also see how they were a quick and easy travel option

The answer is they put wompahs back and masta doesnt use them.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Interesting discussion. I think it has a lot to do with what version of AO you first played/fell in love with. Relative to Masta, I'm a newbie. The player city transport system was in place when I started, and removing it from my perspective feels like the game just got worse. For a veteran, it understandably seems like the world was cleansed of an ugly mistake. I don't think there is one right answer here necessarily.
    /Thread Win

Probably the best post on this thread actually. Being a vet myself I learned to travel with no whompas/grid all the while avoiding a LOT of social aggro mobs in every zone that have since, been removed from game. Every outdoor zone used to have at least 1, some times as many as 12 aggro on site mobs (including sided mobs). Traveling in no longer that dangerous.

Imagine (neutral) going to foremans, getting attacked by clan mobs at whompa, chased by bileswarms, attacked by rookie clans mobs, aggro from alpha females and wasteprowlers, then attacked by omni gaurds at foremans.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Those in favor of the removal of city whompahs should also be in favor of the removal of yalms and jetpacks. After all, thanks to flying, we're still not "lolexploring" any more than we were before. Furthermore, with how irrelevant random Rubi-ka mobs are to players nowadays, that argument is rather lackluster. This isn't 2003 anymore. Rubi-ka zones are pointless to travel through.

It's also not a matter of knowing where to jump off from SL, it's a matter of having the Nascene or Elysium garden key and using it to get back to civilization quickly.

It's nothing more than a huge, stupid, timesink, and city whompahs or grid entrances should be placed back at every city plot cluster.

There is absolutely no reason why every zone shouldn't have its own grid exit/entrance. It doesn't need to be at the most popular/used spot, but SOMETHING should exist. Why should we have to fly to Pleasant Meadows to get back to civilization from EFP or SFH?

I'm well aware there are transport beacons and such, but to argue against something like this is just arguing for its own sake.
    Last edited by Lime; Mar 7th, 2013 at 22:12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm well aware there are transport beacons and such.
    Too newschool.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

As pre-AI Player I don't really care about the transport shortcuts. What i do care about is immersion. The (outdoor) player cities where one of the few great things in AO not every other mmo offers. It was just fun organizing huge AI raids back in the days, knowing you where in the "real" world and anything could happen. Or just flying by and seeing other players defend their cities.

Also having shop terminals that you actually had to find to buy stuff might have been an inconvenience, but again ... immersion. I would often find myself browsing random shop terminals just to be surprised what i may find.
    More work means more reward(ing feeling). And that has always been something AO was about (for me).
    That part is really going down the drain what with buyable token boards, SL keys, etc.

If anything, you should've extended player cities, not cut them out.

i bought meep for any profession
    it takes you in grid from anywhere (even shadowlands/xan)
    too bad it's 5000 funcom points and you receive it only on one toon

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    There is absolutely no reason why every zone shouldn't have its own grid exit/entrance. It doesn't need to be at the most popular/used spot, but SOMETHING should exist. Why should we have to fly to Pleasant Meadows to get back to civilization from EFP or SFH?

I'm well aware there are transport beacons and such, but to argue against something like this is just arguing for its own sake.
    The best way to do it, imo, keeping in the theme of Rubi-Ka, would be to have the grid terminals partly buried in the ground, tilted over, etc, like they've been abandoned for some time.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast