Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

It may have been stated somewhere but I missed it. But as far as "Community updates" go, are we still going to be seeing them once a month or are we only going to be updated if necessary while the consolidation is taking place and then go back to 1 month update cycles? Or are we going to get pooped on a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Or are we going to get pooped on a lot?
    The future is now! The Producer is leaving and the new GD hasn't said how or when she'll communicate. The new creative director for FC games has (maybe) said hello to the community once.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    It may have been stated somewhere but I missed it. But as far as "Community updates" go, are we still going to be seeing them once a month or are we only going to be updated if necessary while the consolidation is taking place and then go back to 1 month update cycles? Or are we going to get pooped on a lot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    The future is now! The Producer is leaving and the new GD hasn't said how or when she'll communicate. The new creative director for FC games has (maybe) said hello to the community once.
    This may answer both your concerns from the original posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    As such this will be my last Monthly Development Update, but I will continue to work behind-the-scenes for a little while helping the transition over to Joel. He will be taking over the updates starting next month as part of that transition.

Quote Originally Posted by FarCry View Post
    This may answer both your concerns from the original posts:
    Put another way: I'm looking for another job but the guy in the next cubicle over is totally gonna keep in touch with you. Srsly.

Joel is so new to AO that he doesn't even know how to properly use the word "soon."
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Put another way: I'm looking for another job but the guy in the next cubicle over is totally gonna keep in touch with you. Srsly.

Joel is so new to AO that he doesn't even know how to properly use the word "soon."
    I think the force is strong in this one... that is the creative director Joel. He seems to be obsessed with fiction and games and he dated two dimensional Zoe briefly. +1.

I think the force is strong in this one... that is the creative director Joel. He seems to be obsessed with fiction and games and he dated two dimensional Zoe briefly. +1.
    Don't think that is going to make much difference considering there are now only a handful of people left to work on multiple games. He may be strong with TSW and fiction games, but he has zero AO experience. Just another GD speaking flowery to soothe the savages.

Fanboi all you want, he's just another in a long line making promises that he's not going to deliver on. And so will the next one.

Do they need cubicles any longer? They can all fit in a Volkswagon. Do the clown routine.

How many FC employees does it take to create an engine? Answer: Let me get a calculator and I'll get back to you soon™, errr, shortly™. Next quarter for sure!
    When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.

Weren't we all new at some stage? Even if that stage was during Beta?

Just sayin'.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Don't think that is going to make much difference considering there are now only a handful of people left to work on multiple games. He may be strong with TSW and fiction games, but he has zero AO experience. Just another GD speaking flowery to soothe the savages.

Fanboi all you want, he's just another in a long line making promises that he's not going to deliver on. And so will the next one.
    I'm pretty sure out of any new CD he is the best pick. You seem to complete ignore the fact that Genele is the new Game Director. Joel is only creative director.

PS Thank you for accusing me of fanboi activities. I take that as a complement and I'm a virgin no more!

I'm pretty sure out of any new CD he is the best pick. You seem to complete ignore the fact that Genele is the new Game Director. Joel is only creative director.

PS Thank you for accusing me of fanboi activities. I take that as a complement and I'm a virgin no more!
    Genele has been the Game Director for AO since Lindelu left months ago, I wouldn't exactly call that new at this point (saying someone is new at this point would indicate that it was part of their restructuring efforts, I'd think).

I guess I misunderstood something. I thought that with the consolidation that there wouldn't be an AO GD, TSW GD and AoC GD but one team not specific to any game. Is that not what they're doing? (legitimate question here, not being funny or anything).

And sidenote, has there been word anywhere regarding the number of char slots being given to paid accounts?
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Ah ok, I've been going through the forums and couldn't find anything but then again sometimes I miss stuff. Not sure how such a key element of the server merge still isn't worked out. I keep going back and forth over what to do about my AO accounts. Even once I got over the initial aggravation over having to redo bags and such I'm left with the fact that I have 3 paid accounts and would need to do some consolidating and such. Knowing how many slots I'm going to have would make a world of difference.

Also wondering if the New Player Experience is still slated to be patched to TestLive within the next couple weeks (there was mention in the January update that it would be the last milestone before the new Live team was up and running in NC).
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 19th, 2013 at 16:04:01.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    i dont choose teammates based on their profession, i look are they in range and if im doing inf are they clan/neut
    stop that.
    you can do trivial content with that method, but when you start to do little more challenging stuff, like APF, team will appreciate a lot if you get enf.

you can make 5-20 peoples game-experience more enjoyable if you stop being an selfish, narrowminded ass and pick proper professions for proper role.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 19th, 2013 at 17:16:59.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I think the force is strong in this one...
    Then he'll do great in SWTOR...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Genele is the reason that AO heart still beating.
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    Genele has been the Game Director for AO since Lindelu left months ago, I wouldn't exactly call that new at this point (saying someone is new at this point would indicate that it was part of their restructuring efforts, I'd think).
    Ok Jill I will definitely keep that in mind next time I use the word "new". In fact I'll fire up notepad and start making rules on how to reply so I don't make the same mistake. The sarcasm couldn't be thicker here in case you didn't notice. Smile and the world will smile with you! Big smile! Big smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Then he'll do great in SWTOR...
    Conveniently, a spot over there just opened up, the CEO of EA resigned.

Sarcasm and sniping aren't cutting it. Some word from FC would be much appreciated.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

This conversation about which professions are best for what teams and why can really be moved to either the profession forums or the balance forum, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Team composition posts moved to balance discussion forum.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Joel Bylos: Currently we are hard at work on the engine upgrade for Anarchy Online. This will bring in the advanced lighting, shadows, grass and other bells and whistles from the DreamWorld engine. The models in the game are the original Anarchy models, but over time we will be adding more and more upgraded models to the game.

In addition to the engine upgrade we are working on the updated new player experience. This will, bundled with the new engine, give prospective players a gentler entrance to the world of Anarchy Online and help them to get into this decade old game with a minimum of fuss.
    Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/579164/onli...xgHyK5AJ0ky.99

I looks like after the NPE and Engine Update are out, they will be going through and updating meshes and textures too. I kinda doubt that the old engine will be kept at this stage since there won't be many actively used computers left that can't handle the new engine. This post is in answer to someones argument that the game still has 2008 graphics.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast