Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update -- February 26th 2013

I don't like how all of a sudden the desert is a wheat field

@Esssch - probably not using new bodies yet, but the rest looked similar to what you see in other MMOs for drawdistance and stuff. Maybe you can make it go higher, like in AoC you could set stuff to ridiculous distances. I like when that's an option burn my gpu, pls.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nusquam...

Welcome. The one thing I want to say to you is to not let the incredible RP community - or what used to be - continue to die down. We have some awesome groups and people in every realm, but by and large the player impact with the story has been muted - attendance at CoT meetings dropped to almost nothing. Work with ARK-Events and get the Clan, Neutral, and Omni organizations humming again, even if that doesn't mean making ingame changes.

Good luck. I'll keep logging in for CoT meetings, even if no one else is there
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Farewell, Mr Ilaliya. Good luck with your new adventures, and hello Mr Nusquam. After years of absolute turmoil, bad management, promises, bile, sputum, vitriol and the urine from the leets being thrown in AO's players eyes, I feel cautiously optimistic about your appointment. I hope, from reading your post, that you indeed seem like a fellow that wants the job 'done', and won't take any bullsh*t from anyone; I like this.

You not playing the game, and starting now can only benefit AO. The game will, in-effect, have a fresh pair of eyes playing it, and what can be done to improve it from the beginning, right until the end. I hope the latter transcends into providing the players with a better AO.

Good luck on your new journey, Mr Nusquam. May your days be fruitful, your deliverance be swift, and your torture trying to find players on LFT be minimal.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Oh, one more thing... please read Prophet Without Honor like 8 times before changing the world it built up as Shadowlands did :-/
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Farewell Ilaliya and my best wishes for your future !

For our new overlord : good luck, you'll need it. And your next "state of the game" update better has some solid information about the "rebalance"
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

I know that trox has an...interesting gait, but was it my imagination or did his right knee glitch every time he stepped on it? The grass was nice but I couldn't take my eyes off that glitch.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

It's the same old animation on the same old model.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Please, with a cherry on top, remove the new cursors :-s
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's the same old animation on the same old model.
    There's something funky going on with his knee. Watch him walk around in Tir & Old Athen (1:25-end). I recognize this is not the release version, but somebody ought to get that dude some crutches....
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    There's something funky going on with his knee. Watch him walk around in Tir & Old Athen (1:25-end). I recognize this is not the release version, but somebody ought to get that dude some crutches....
    They're redoing all the animations for the new models.
    The Red Brotherhood

That means my shade won't look like he's constantly opening backpacks?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Please, with a cherry on top, remove the new cursors :-s
    I just discovered, there is a bit in the mouse options with three levels of cursor detail. You can get rid of the complexity there.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanisthonus View Post
    I just discovered, there is a bit in the mouse options with three levels of cursor detail. You can get rid of the complexity there.
    And then you are left with a small, light gray cursor....which is not good either.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    @Esssch - probably not using new bodies yet, but the rest looked similar to what you see in other MMOs for drawdistance and stuff. Maybe you can make it go higher, like in AoC you could set stuff to ridiculous distances. I like when that's an option burn my gpu, pls.
    Ya, I didn't mean character model, I'm sure that'll get updated eventually. The ground and grass look good, just looks like the ground clutter distance was set to about 50 feet.

And ya, that freaking view distance in AoC. The max was something ridiculous like 30k meters if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    But in the end most of the community currently consists of bitter vets. And they're bitter for a reason. I guess it's up to you to pick up AO's game. Good luck, I don't envy you.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Cheers,
    Joel Bylos
    Creative Director
    Funcom

Make it so, number One.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I paid a little visit using a froob account today. It was almost heartwarming to see a decent sized population in Bor. Hell, even the Rome Blue Basic Shop had PEOPLE outside it. It looks healthy, for now.

I still remain cautiously optimistic.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Hey,

Can't say I've posted in this forum for a couple of years, but I'm good at lurking.
    My two cents:
    Good luck in your future endevours Dave.

Joel, good luck!
    Piccolo of Storm
    -’Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war’
    -I will not take back my words, that is my way of the ninja!

Sorry to see you go Ilaliya, good luck wherever you may go. I see this as another bad choice by FC, removing an asset which was proven to be someone that got things done.

Mr. Bylos, I don't know you from a hole in the wall, your amusing TSW "End of Days" videos did show dedication to that title, but without ANY experience with AO whatsoever and the bad reputation of TSW itself... I can't say I'm happy to see you given the reigns of the game which has been my hobby for over a decade.

Much less now, that I log in after the merge, to see all my characters unplayable. All my shortcut bars, gone. Names of backpacks, gone. Windows sizes and positions, gone. Channel configuration, gone. This also has affected everyone’s Inventory and Bank. There are some ways to restore them, but they are not guaranteed since it’s something the AO community came up with, and not FC.

There is no reason whatsoever to force players to practically re-do their characters which have taken years to set up.

Yes, there is a ton of people online right now... and everyone is doing only one things... trying to restore their setups. Some, like me... won't bother doing it for a few days (or weeks) because we've decided to take breaks from AO until promises which were made for the past 2 years are delivered in full.

I honestly can't recommend AO to my friends or family anymore with so many other MMO's doing things right.

I'm not quitting AO, I'll play until the server goes down, and I will continue to support the AO Community... but my trust in FC as a whole, is shot to hell.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

lol @ windguaerd
    The Red Brotherhood

But new players won't have those problems Windguard.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast