Thread: Should nanos/items interrupt autoattacks?

Should nanos/items interrupt autoattacks?

should casting nanos, interrupt autoattacks?

or should nanos only pause autoattacks?

And how do you feel about items interrupting autoattacks?
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

nvm
    Last edited by Fontane; Feb 27th, 2013 at 17:17:16.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

who cares about autoattack?

i expected alot more hate and flaming,
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

If that's what you're after, then why'd you post about something nobody cares about? Lemme throw you a bone here. Future format:

"NT Triples; discuss".
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

it was a very serious question, i was just very surprised that nobody was trolling it.

Anyhow i have added it to the game suggestion summary, to have items and nanos not interfere with auto attacks.

Well it's fairly simple, auto attack don't hurt, don't hit, don't interrupt. Regular attacks should interupt perk execution, or nanos that'd be something. when hitting or not hitting.. So kinda like a supression.

This would be a nice weapon against evaders, auto attacks that always hit no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

You guys are forgetting PVM, in which this could have a significant impact on certain profession damages.

In PVP regular damage is also signficicant if you ever pull your damage logs from PVP or simply make a self-only damage window. It would make a difference on professions being affected by init debuffs considerably, allowing them to freely cast and damage opponents at the same time. Adversely, this might be unbalanced at lower levels of PVP where regular damage is far more crucial to killing a player and is the majority of the damage.

Now for the issue: LE procs and possibly other procs firing while using an item or casting a nano will cause those actions to stop or reset. This would be bad as it already occurs frequently enough from using specials and interrupting things like swapping weapons (nothing like not noticing your swap was stopped on an MA or enforcer and then being locked into casting recharge forever).

:P perking already kinda stops atuoattacks. So do Nanos, if you use perks on attack phase, and nanos on recharge phase of auto attack, you can get away with impunity. Personaly I feel it's perfect the way it is.

Procs however bother me, proc execution should be instantanious and should not interfeer with other things at all. Potentialy though procs should be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch