Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Server Migration Naming Rules

Okay, I lost 2 bot names, these should be treated differently and go straight to Born Date, since being logged in only on chat server isnt a real login or counts as played time, that is the only fair way to judge who has the right to that name. Also, what happens if someone doesnt log in and grab a name they have won for several months? As far as I know logging into chat isnt a real login, so I could have had a bot since 2003 running , but someone who made a new one yesterday would win coz he logged in most recently.

Tried using the /name nick method to change my toons name's back to what they were previously...

got this: "[Name-Request]: The name that you have requested violates a rule in the naming filter. We cannot change your name to the one you have requested."

WTH? It was fine for ages...and somehow they now violate the naming filter? They are in no way profane or anything like that.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Tried using the /name nick method to change my toons name's back to what they were previously...

got this: "[Name-Request]: The name that you have requested violates a rule in the naming filter. We cannot change your name to the one you have requested."

WTH? It was fine for ages...and somehow they now violate the naming filter? They are in no way profane or anything like that.
    Previously, the filter apparently did not check for existing names. And if nobody reports you / authorities notice, you keep flying with it under the radar. Now you're screwed.

Out of curiosity: whats the names?
    ಠ_ಠ

I get the samething, but how does the name Lanyia violate the rule, please tell me, had 4 names like this all had to be renamed

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    This the new name rule I found by testing In-game ....

/name nick "new name here"

example:
    Sending name change request.
    [Name-Request]: [Merge Character Name Change Service] You have submitted a request for a name change. Your new character's name will be "Torban". If this is correct please log out for 5 minutes while we submit your name change request. If "Torban" is NOT correct, simply type /name nick [newname] again to select another name. Please note that once you have logged out and your name change is processed you will not be able to use this service again.

I do not know if it works yet ...

Kinnik

edit: I logged off and waited the 5 or so minutes and re-logged ... it worked for me at least.
    This worked for me also, but funcom should have made more of an effort to tell people how to do this, at least make a sticky post or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Out of curiosity: whats the names?
    cuenf, cudoc cueng and ****.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

took me longer than i'd care to admit to figure out why the last name was censored

Thanks Kinnikinnick. Got a new name based on your directions.

I got the same message, and I have even been in contact with Ilaliya before merge about the nick (which is the name of a city) and there was no mention of it being in violation with any rules. Currently awaiting mail-response from customer support.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    I got the same message, and I have even been in contact with Ilaliya before merge about the nick (which is the name of a city) and there was no mention of it being in violation with any rules. Currently awaiting mail-response from customer support.
    I'm pretty sure that's just the standard message if you try requesting a lost (and now reserved for someone else) name. It means all the "taken" names were added to the naming filter, not that your name is offensive or violates the naming policy. So everyone can stop freaking out (as much) now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Well, with the age buckets... everyone who created their character before 6 months ago is treated the same with respect to character age. So basically, characters that were created before we announced the migration have priority over characters that were created after we announced the migration. And I think that makes sense.
    OK, fair enough. Will inactive toon names be freed up after a period of time and available again (couple of weeks/months maybe?), or is everything final now?
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Okay, what is with this?

[Name-Request]: We are sorry but you are not able to request names with numbers in them. This is a rule set down by the game system and cannot be changed at this time.

I was going to rename my lost characters names to include RK1 at the end. This was allowed before, and now it's apparently not possible.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Well .... until People of Rubika is back up, try your name as a new froob toon to see if it is available. If you can start the froob toon with your choice of name ... delete the froob and turn in your name change request.

Otherwise wait for people of rubika so you can simply check if your new name choice is available rather than getting the "does not pass filter test" messages.

Kinnik

[Name-Request]: The name that you have requested violates a rule in the naming filter or is a reserved name. We cannot change your name to the one you have requested.

I got this response when trying to get back the nick on one of my toons.
    Only reason for it to be reserved, for what I can tell, is that I deleted my original fr00b that held that name in order to use it on a new paid toon, a month or so ago.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Okay, what is with this?

[Name-Request]: We are sorry but you are not able to request names with numbers in them. This is a rule set down by the game system and cannot be changed at this time.

I was going to rename my lost characters names to include RK1 at the end. This was allowed before, and now it's apparently not possible.
    Yes, I noticed this too, I think it was to stop pointless number named characters from chinese farmers, (funny that FC used numbers this time lol).
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Their name becomes either "R1" or "R2" followed by a string of numbers
    i was hoping to get "Bearforce -1"
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Without including levels you could still lose against a level 1 toon.
    Granted, twinks should not be penaltied, but there's only a handful level 1 toons really.
    I'd favor another check for level >10
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

I would have loved if they took the "subscription is inactive" out, or at least changed it to something like "is inactive > 2 years or so"
    I cancelled my account last year due to RK4 stuff and waiting for server merge / engine / rebalace, whatever came first, and reactivated during merge/right after merge.

Now I lost the name of my almost 7 year old character (220/24/70) to another RK1 toon that is around since 2011 according to auno...
    Last edited by tigerengi; Mar 1st, 2013 at 09:55:50.

I would suggest to contact CS about that tigerengi. Sounds just like one of those corner-cases which should be resolved manually.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Already did that, and received response by mail yesterday evening with negative results.
    Again replied with the request to review it again and take /born into account over subscritption activity.
    Still feels wrong tho.

So I lost one of my names, Diabolus, and as far as I can tell NO ONE now has it, seriously WTF FC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast