Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Server Migration Naming Rules

[Name-Request]: Your name request has not been entered into the queue as you are above level 20. We are sorry but once a character is above level 20 we cannot change nicknames unless they violate our naming policy.

Only charracters under level 20 can change their names with the command?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Well, this blows
    Offline message from XXX (Fri 01 Mar 2013 19:08 GMT)
    [XXX]: Greetings. I am GM XXX. You have requested to have the name "Noraid" returned to you, however after investigation into the name, it has been determined that it belongs to another player and unfortunately we cannot return it to you. Please choose a different name using "/name nick Newnamehere". Have a great day.

So apparently a bot who hasnt even logged in to activate the character since merge is more entitled to a name than one of the biggest RK1 bots. Thank you for letting me roll new bot account and 5 new slaves to pass on my name to a dead bot.

EDIT: So not sure if they saw this post, but some ninja gave back the name. No mail, no PM, no nothing. Lucky me I randomly checked PoRK.
    Last edited by Alphamon; Mar 9th, 2013 at 03:26:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post
    Well, this blows
    Offline message from XXX (Fri 01 Mar 2013 19:08 GMT)
    [XXX]: Greetings. I am GM XXX. You have requested to have the name "Noraid" returned to you, however after investigation into the name, it has been determined that it belongs to another player and unfortunately we cannot return it to you. Please choose a different name using "/name nick Newnamehere". Have a great day.

So apparently a bot who hasnt even logged in to activate the character since merge is more entitled to a name than one of the biggest RK1 bots. Thank you for letting me roll new bot account and 5 new slaves to pass on my name to a dead bot.
    Things like these is what is keeping me an a few others from returning to AO.
    Last edited by Venachar; Mar 5th, 2013 at 15:22:43.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Things like these is what is keeping me an a few others from returning to AO.
    /signed !

Could name a whole bunch more, but that deserves another thread locked up quick and resulting more infractions i could have gained in 6 years.

Wake up FC... thats all i have to say

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123