Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Character Slots

I only just started a job, is there is any word on when that patch comes out, so I can plan my limited funds around it. I know it's kinda cheap to pay just to get the extra two slots, but it's what I can do,
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hi,

A decision has now been reached regarding the character slots, and I wanted to share the numbers with you. As always, the numbers are subject to change in case we run into unexpected issues.

• 8 character slots for 'froobs' (so no change)
    • 12 character slots for anyone with an active subscription when the patch containing the slot increase (18.6.2) reaches live.
    • 10 character slots for subscribers that were not active during the patch (new subscribers after the patch, or subscribers re-activating after the patch).

So basically, 10 character slots will be the new default for paying customers, and the 12 slots are meant as a kind of loyalty reward for those who have been subscribing during/after the merge.

At some point in the future, additional slots will be available for purchase either through the account pages or the in-game store. This ability to buy slots will however most likely not be launched at the same time as the slot increase.
    Im fine with that.
    Its 4 additional slots that would make me calm until more slots are shopable.

Thanks for informations ^^
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

finally some response 4 slots r hawt.....would love to know when will it goes live!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

From 24 char slots Rk1+Rk2+Rk3 down to only 8
    a friend read this post and expressed after reading that it sounds like extortion !
    12 slots if active and 10 for inactive and new player.

what about the longtime player with veteran points ?

exists there a "kind of loyalty reward" ?

2 years subscribe to get 10 veteran points to buy a RK or a SL recall beacon
    and into ingame item store 500 points (~5€) each
    insurance claim recall beacon 50 veteran points
    into item store 1000 points (~10€)

the nano "Insight into the Shadowlands" cost 7 veteran points
    into item store 2640 points (over 20€)

the nano "Veterans L33t Transformation"(nerf-patched to only self use) cost 3 veteran points
    into items store "Leet Transformation"(spamable to every player) cost 240 points (cute 2,50€)

removing outdoor citys and
    implement a "premium nano crystal(enter the grid) cost 5000 points^^

the archived german forum with collected knowledge for newcommer and gurus of the last 12 years
    removed without lose a word about it.

this kind of face punish let no old player return or new subscribe who r not head dropped !
    the most cancle subscribe.

sorry Macro but "loyalty reward" lol

cheers
    Brampfine
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    /me removes foot from mouth

Will folks who resub during the 18.6.2 patch downtime be considered active when the servers come back up, thus getting 12 slots? You know folks're gonna try it.
    thats a hard one dont think they actually considered that.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    the archived german forum with collected knowledge for newcommer and gurus of the last 12 years
    removed without lose a word about it.
    Now THAT is something that pis.ses me off. Are you serious ? Are you Funcom guys now totally retarded ? 12 years of knowledge and history from our German Anarchy Online Culture simply deleted?

Seriously...
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Yay good to finally get the numbers, ty! Now just don't delay the patch too long or people start to get pissed off for having to keep sub up just to get the slots

Mhm, 12 seems a nice number.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Now THAT is something that pis.ses me off. Are you serious ? Are you Funcom guys now totally retarded ? 12 years of knowledge and history from our German Anarchy Online Culture simply deleted?

Seriously...
    [Corrected by various users.]
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 21st, 2013 at 18:05:13.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    That is the "new" german forum. People are upset about the old german forums (forums-de.anarchy-online.com) which were removed w/o announcement.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 21st, 2013 at 18:05:36.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

I like it but imho 12 slots shoud be given to people with accounts made before merger, or at last active in last year (6m? 3m?)before merge, not only those active in the very day of merge. Someone could get frozen 1 day before merge and think he'll pay when servers are back online.

(It isnt about me to make things clear, i had an active subscription)

EPIC! 12 for me then, very nice gesture on behalf of funcom to reward people who are always subscribed. Good, good!

Numbers make sense, now lets make it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Please, dont try to act that way when you apparently dont even know about what specific people are upset about.

Brampfine and I are talking about the OLD previous and archived forum - with the knowledge of over 10 years. It would be nice if an intervening Moderator would atleast pre-inform before posting something. Now, your post is more then hilarious. Please, try again.

And before you may want to start, but no, I am neither trolling, nor flaming. Funcom destroyed something very own and essential for my German community without any comment - I think I am absolutely in the position to take my anger into a point. Your link wasnt helpful at all.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 21st, 2013 at 18:06:13.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Perhaps restore the "old" german forums in the "Archive of Old Forums" section ... so they are available for reference, but not for new posts?

Kinnik

I'm very happy about the character slot decision - it is pretty much what I had privately decided was fair, and was waiting to see what would actually happen. It also makes me happy I renewed my paid account for another year a few days ago.

I did ask, the archives are not available.

Thank you to the people who corrected my mistake politely. For those who didn't, please moderate your tone if you wish to correct me again. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Could you please explain what "the archives are not available" means exactly?

Were those forums deleted without any warning and without notification or were they just shut down and thus can be restored and maybe even hosted by someone else?

Two people, Tomcath and Llin, who are very active in the German community have already volunteered to host them if FC needs the server space and cannot afford to pay the bandwith if the archives could be made available to the public again.
    Last edited by Lylith; Mar 21st, 2013 at 20:02:18.
    Jane "Lylith" Doe - former Omni-Pol employee - There is no knowledge that is not power.

Not archived means no backup was made so.. the forums were indeed deleted and the forum was also not backed up and thus is completely lost.

Unless it is on a web cache server somewhere out there in which case you may be able to rip the cached version using a site ripper. I don't know if there is a web cache for it though.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hi,

A decision has now been reached regarding the character slots, and I wanted to share the numbers with you. As always, the numbers are subject to change in case we run into unexpected issues.

• 8 character slots for 'froobs' (so no change)
    • 12 character slots for anyone with an active subscription when the patch containing the slot increase (18.6.2) reaches live.
    • 10 character slots for subscribers that were not active during the patch (new subscribers after the patch, or subscribers re-activating after the patch).

So basically, 10 character slots will be the new default for paying customers, and the 12 slots are meant as a kind of loyalty reward for those who have been subscribing during/after the merge.

At some point in the future, additional slots will be available for purchase either through the account pages or the in-game store. This ability to buy slots will however most likely not be launched at the same time as the slot increase.
    /facepalm

So somebody who is paying this game for few months will get 12 slots and guys which quit game because you screw it ("soon", rebalance, engine etc.) and were many years veterans(some of them on more servers at once) and helped run this game during years will get only 10 slots ?

Seriously...this is insult.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    /facepalm

So somebody who is paying this game for few months will get 12 slots and guys which quit game because you screw it ("soon", rebalance, engine etc.) and were many years veterans(some of them on more servers at once) and helped run this game during years will get only 10 slots ?

Seriously...this is insult.
    Agree with this person 100%. I could write 10 walls of text on how I feel about this situation but I know it won't do any good so I'll just ask the questions on my mind to get clarification.. so I know how to proceed.

A few questions:

1. I don't want to resub all of my paid accounts right now because I'm still waiting on the New Engine and New Player Experience but I've paid for 2 accounts for 8 years and an additional third account for at least 7. Is there any loyalty consideration for that?

2. If the answer to #1 is no, if one account is subbed, will linked paid accounts receive the same number of slots? To be clear, if my main account is paid when 18.6.2 goes live will my linked paid, but inactive, accounts also receive 12 slots?

3. What is the price going to be for additional slots? Meaning if the answer to #2 is no, will it be cheaper for me to resub an account and pay for it for a month (even if I have no plans to play the accounts until the new engine/starter experience is released) than to later on, down the line, pay for 2 slots via the items shop? Specifically, will the cost of an additional character slot be more than $7.50 USD?
    Last edited by Eventsbyjill; Mar 21st, 2013 at 23:58:33.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast