Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Servers down again?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    What's a 'dba'?
    Database Administrator

What's a 'dba'?
    Database administrator is my bet.

Atleast the GMI and Itemstore is up and running. Atleast some hamsters getting food!

What's a 'dba'?
    I suspect it means 'DataBase Administrator' in this context

edit:
    I feel slow, but at least you know the answer now

Again, lets visit reality.

The staff working on the application/servers are not the same people communicating with the playberbase on the forums. To expect a thread - closed to player posting - with updates is not unreasonable request and I believe is more the industry standard.

As this has been a 3 day event (again, unless the issuses from Friday are not the same) I would imagine they have been working on this since that issue arose Friday. I will say it again, the lack of communication to the community is the focal point of alot of the frustation.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

What's a 'dba'?
    Database administrator!

so problem is in the db

I just hope they have the decency of compensating us for this... i resubbed last thursday night and i hardly played the game because of all the problems. I believe i've earned the right to demand, at least, an extension of 3 days on my 1 month subscribe.

(insert one-millionth hamster joke here)

How about a double xp and vp week event as compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidama View Post
    Database Administrator
    Are these the server room geeks I mentioned earlier???
    If not, what do they actually do? (And please don't say administrate the database lol)
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

I got Michizure's Decuple nano as compensation!

Docleanne - the vid of the new grass made me *hungry*

A dba is a database administrator... tuff job

On balance, I'm pretty sanguine about these outages. In the line of work I'm in - a database migration of this scale would take >5 working days to verify. Perhaps that's what the AO team should have done? Told us all to take a weeks holiday from AO? Let's not go there.

It'll all be up and working soon, chin chin folks

If not, what do they actually do? (And please don't say administrate the database lol)
    Among other things, they are responsible for system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity.

check the database status ofc.

index corrupted /missing tablespace extents optimizations

who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Artona View Post
    (insert one-millionth hamster joke here)
    Is a difference between a joke and an allegorical story.

I have something to say 'bout this: In-game we chatted with lots of people doing bets of WHAT would be the problem this time with merge. I mean, this IS wrong. Why sometime you surprise us with something big happening in game without having to expect problems with it (remember rollback when iPande patch came live, for exmple).

I do programming (basic one though, I don't live of this), I know that is hard to do all this fantastics stuff you do (more in gaming). But take your time to do proper debug, that is why Test live is for. Us customers will appreciate this more at the end.

We will be here anyways waiting for news, all our support to find and fix the problem. At the end we all here want this solved, don't we?
    Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a light house, while all the others were making ships.

Meh, I'm no software geek, indeed, software hates me!
    Personally, I'm just happy I managed to install 3rd party map files and finally get IA to run (damn, I made myself sad there about IA...)
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

It´s not easy to stay on topic in this thread. It is very easy to wander in your mind towards the last time we have serious server problems and we were promised compensation and none came. It is easy to let frustration develope into foul language and aggression towards the persons working their fingers to the bones trying to resolve this. Patience and understanding is needed from us players in a situation like this, but just as much from those running the game. We who pay to play FC games want our games to work, and when they don´t we get lost and confused and start chewing on furniture... So if not for our sake, please work faster or there will be a shortage of office chairs soon!
    Just another dude playing female toons!

<3 idea

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    How about a double xp and vp week event as compensation?
    i like this guy hes my new friend xp boost for 3 days would be awsome 50% one tho then i can get on with paying my shade slaves in inf missions for lvling my soldier in inf hards please give us xp or just give it me screw rest of them

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast