Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tradeable item 1-year subscription

I can not +1 this idea enough.

Also, how is this any different than someone buying a 2k token pack, getting hacked, and losing said token pack. Hacking will happen and CS will always need to deal with it regardless of what the person lost.

An increased population in paid content would be a nice welcome. Especially for more ai armor in circulation.

Screw +1, I wanna like +∞ this! This would help AO so much.
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

we really want this item so i can buy a bunch of them and sell them for credits ^^.
    wtb a way of putting more money into funcom without having to buy only itemshop items.
    this is way easyer to sell then 500 token packages.

+1 would help both sides
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

I see a lot of gibberish about hacking.... and I seriously doubt there has been any 'real' hacking of accounts in this game. More likely just cases of 'social' hacking where someone gives or shares his login credentials for whatever reason. If you keep your login credentials to yourself and don't share any personal information you will never get 'hacked'. I've played asherons, eve, ao, lotro and a whole host of games.... and never in 20 some years have I ever seen someone get hacked.... the root cause was ALWAYS carelessness with ones personal private info. Keep it secret... trust no ONE !

PS: +1 to OP idea.
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by Diemax View Post
    I see a lot of gibberish about hacking.... and I seriously doubt there has been any 'real' hacking of accounts in this game. More likely just cases of 'social' hacking where someone gives or shares his login credentials for whatever reason. If you keep your login credentials to yourself and don't share any personal information you will never get 'hacked'. I've played asherons, eve, ao, lotro and a whole host of games.... and never in 20 some years have I ever seen someone get hacked.... the root cause was ALWAYS carelessness with ones personal private info. Keep it secret... trust no ONE !

i lost aprox 100m of my main a few years ago and im the only person thats ever used my acc so i can believe its an issue, thats not to say it was hacking per se i can think of 2 or 3 options of how somone could get my creds while im offline, also if you think youll can never be hacked your showing a glaring lacking of understanding of how modern computers oses work, every bit of software you install is a potential security hole that some scumbag will be more than happy to exploit though the lottery principal applies chances are you wont be hacked but its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    every bit of software you install is a potential security hole that some scumbag will be more than happy to exploit though the lottery principal applies chances are you wont be hacked but its possible.

Oh I agree.... I'm just saying a little common sense and some basic security precautions and the chances are quite slim... lightning strike slim. Despite my security measures.... the true reason I never get hacked.... is because I'm a pauper with nothing worth stealing lol.
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

This is big (the idea) = probably, combined with new engine, the game will revive
    Quote Originally Posted by Morteia View Post
    My worries would be:

1. What if an account gets hacked and someone steals that item from you, and then they use it? We'd probably have to develop a policy in CS about how to handle such a thing happening. It's never a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".
    Just implement an additional layer of security : Mobile Authenticator or a Physical Device (Token Authenticator).

I`m sure there are alot of players who will embrace the idea and will give extra "customer care" value to the FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Diemax View Post

There was a large case of "hacked" accounts a few years back. Mastablasta didn't believe they were really being hacked, so he posted a challenge, gave some info about himself and waited.

He wasn't ever hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by blindio View Post
    i lost aprox 100m of my main a few years ago and im the only person thats ever used my acc so i can believe its an issue, thats not to say it was hacking per se i can think of 2 or 3 options of how somone could get my creds while im offline
    There was an instance where some people lost creds randomly. I know a few orgmates lost quite a few hundred mils. They petitioned, FC went "huh, it shows you had the creds and they weren't traded. Our bad, here you go" and replaced them. It's probably too late for you to do so now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    There was a large case of "hacked" accounts a few years back. Mastablasta didn't believe they were really being hacked, so he posted a challenge, gave some info about himself and waited.

He wasn't ever hacked.

There was an instance where some people lost creds randomly. I know a few orgmates lost quite a few hundred mils. They petitioned, FC went "huh, it shows you had the creds and they weren't traded. Our bad, here you go" and replaced them. It's probably too late for you to do so now, though.
    yeah a couple of my orgmates got their creds back iirc but the ark i spoke to wanted me to email ID and i didnt have anything to email him so i just wrote it off as bad luck

This needs to happen.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

The new monthly letter talks about this topic

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    if u its more expensive / doesnt give FC points, compared to normal

people will still ask others to log onto thier accounts and pay using a credit card,
    and that is exactly what this is supposed to stop.

thats the whole point of "legalizing" this sort of "prostitution" , to have it handled by a trusted 3rd party, not some dodgy "pimp".
    This system exist for some time on other MMORPGS, like EVE for example.
    Tbh it's a great idea; People with lots of creds can now spend them for ingame time.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Morteia View Post
    This really isn't a bad idea, as I've seen it work before in another MMO (I see someone has mentioned PLEX in EVE), but I do have trepidations about it.

My worries would be:

1. What if an account gets hacked and someone steals that item from you, and then they use it? We'd probably have to develop a policy in CS about how to handle such a thing happening. It's never a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".

2. Implementation and possible abuse of creating those items (duping). We all know that has happened before.

3. There also might be some legal issues with selling game time for in-game money, but, well, I don't even know where to start with that so it might not even be the case.

Either way, I'll still pass this up the chain if people are interested. It seems that some people would like the ability to pay for their game time with credits, and I'm not wholly opposed to that idea. I've been in that situation where I have a huge pile of in-game currency, but that won't pay for my sub! :P
    How about making NODROP those Plex's as called in EvE? Even Unique?
    I guess that account hacking and implementation problems exist everytime a new item is introduced right?

Anyway the idea is great and as i said, for people with a large amount of creds is a nice way to drain them for playtime.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

PLEX is a good idea in theory but with the current economy being as it is, it would be worth multi-billions.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    PLEX is a good idea in theory but with the current economy being as it is, it would be worth multi-billions.
    And? The market would dictate the price. It would probably be extremely high at first, then settle down some and stay relatively stable, as not that many creds are being taken out of the economy to really make a difference. I mean, Storm has a large city with just about every building on it, I think it's like 130m/month or something like that, and we have multiple members who have upwards of 10b, and did pre-merge as well. Around 8 years of city rent would be required to clean out one of those players, and I'm sure other orgs have similar situations.

So yes, any PLEX-type item in AO would be worth upwards of a billion creds, but there's nothing really wrong with that (minus the fact that it's effectively paying for creds, but that can also be brought up about items already in the store). The price of it also depends on how long the item would provide a subscription for. If it's 1-year as suggested, then I can easily see paying a couple bil for it. If it's 6 months, I'd pay at most 1b.

I don't really get people arguing against this, or FC not creating it. It's win-win for everyone involved. FC gets more money (due to people paying for subscription indirectly even if they may have not otherwise), people can spend ingame creds for subscription time to save money irl or if they simply want a use for some hoarded creds, and other people can effectively buy credits while also supporting FC.

People usually buy months from other players for about 500-1b (Meaning they log into their account and use their VISA card.)

This is a good system if it will be extremely secure and non-abusable. Also, I think only one month should be possible to buy.

So, how about a second bump?

C'mon FC, make this happen! I'm running out of dollars to pay your silly addictive game!
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

So, after first coming across this thread, I spoke to a few old friends, and got a list of at least 30 people who would come back almost instantly if this was implemented, some of whom have 3+ accounts. Why so slow for, funcom? :s
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

Quote Originally Posted by Darktankin View Post
    So, after first coming across this thread, I spoke to a few old friends, and got a list of at least 30 people who would come back almost instantly if this was implemented, some of whom have 3+ accounts. Why so slow for, funcom? :s
    How about a bump for this? Make it noticeable and push for it people. Otherwise FC will foget about it. @Macrosun, tell them suits to make this happen!
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast