Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Between Tro/peh. Amep/OH

Between Tro/peh. Amep/OH

Title says it all pretty much. Having a hard time picking between the two. I want pretty much a all around Duel/city pvp setup, and I can't pick between them. The reliable AS seems nice. So do the shotgun perks. Anyone have any ionpu?

range on OH makes you scream.

troaler + pehwer
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    range on OH makes you scream.
    Yeah kinda figured that. Lol. Just dunno if the shotgun perks or the ar you'd get with amep really mean much anymore

Even in my setup I often miss kills on running players due to AS range. Burst and Fling from peh will go off but no AS.

Having said that, you can use EOE for more range. I've been meaning to experiment with a yatamuchy movement predictor also.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

When using a decent AS equipment (named, reaching 17...52 AS skill, something like that) will make the AMEP/OH much more efficient then Tro/Peh. Just take a look into my Signature, Maxwell is configurated that way. Reaching the highest (reachable) AS template will improve the performance a lot, the fun aswell. Not to mention that you are able to perk much players.

I made several tests, vs high AC, low AC, High HP, low HP, Enfs, Docs, whatever. And capping 10k AS 3 times in a row on enforcer is devastating. Yes, OHs range is low. But every SMG Soldier, every fixer got the same issue. Things could be worse.

But the AMEP/OH is only really effective and better with that AS specific setup. If you are below 1,7k AS skill (or even lower), it isnt. Even 20 can make a difference there

Greetings,
    Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

The problem is you can just reach 1720 AS with tro/peh aswell.

The multipliers linearly increase your AS damage.
    E.g 500 reg hit

Going from multi 15 to 16 average AS: 4k damage to 4250.

Going from 16 to 17: 4500

17 to 18: 4750.

This doesn't take in consideration the post 10k(?) damage nerf.

This nerf negatively effects the high (crit) low (normal) mode of OH AS.
    Then it comes down to crit rate vs crit decrease.

Crit rate halved meaning at most you will have 10 crit rate, minus crit decrease of 5 for some profs and something like 80 for others.

So assume best case scenario you have a 5% crit rate.

At Multi 19 (1720 AS) you have average of 10 multi.

Tro= .95(225*10)+ .05(325*10) = 2153.75
    OH= .95(121*10) + .05(705*10) = 1502 AS damage

Will only get worse when you consider low hp professions. Cappin 10k on enfos is great but there's also crats, fixers, MAs, shades with low hp and or high crit decrease.

Now in your head imagine if every 20th AS you missed due to OH range suddenly you drop 5% of total AS dmg off.
    Last edited by MassDebater; Mar 15th, 2013 at 07:33:52.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Tro/pehh it is! <3

Imo Dumonde has some valid points. The real advantage of Amep+OH is the high attack rating for AI perks and the ability to use Shotgun Mastery 7 which allows for faster ganks, specially on low hp higher def targets.
    I suppose that shotty7 could be done with Troa'ler+LowRecoil as well, but that's something you'll need to try and find out for yourself.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    I suppose that shotty7 could be done with Troa'ler+LowRecoil as well, but that's something you'll need to try and find out for yourself.
    wrong, as shoti perks require you to wear a shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    wrong, as shoti perks require you to wear a shotgun
    Shotgun 67 %

What I meant with "have to try out for yourself" was that it's viability depends on the player.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Will only get worse when you consider low hp professions. Cappin 10k on enfos is great but there's also crats, fixers, MAs, shades with low hp and or high crit decrease.

Now in your head imagine if every 20th AS you missed due to OH range suddenly you drop 5% of total AS dmg off.
    And there, our pets come in.

Taking your maths, the performance of the OH looks pretty bad. But after reaching the highest possible AS cap (I got 1775 AS self), the performance is absolutely good. Thats a thing with maths and reality.

I used both combinations a few times, switched from this to that and back again. The overall performance of AMEP/OH beats Peh/Tro by far.
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 14th, 2013 at 18:12:18.

If you miss onehander AS from range your pets are certainly not hitting anything.

your an idiot

Hmm..well how much ar would I be lookin at on regular/ai perks with aemp/oh?

Around 500 more than pewpew pistol from ME x 1/4 but it doesnt add anything to pistol mastery perks - those are based on pistol skill, not ar.

Max setup is good only if you osb or team. Otherwise you lack HP, your RS will be too low (even with wolf graft ^^ ) and range for OH will gona make you bank your head on keyboard.
    If you plan on team pvp or pvp with gsf, maxwell setup is great (Great AR great dmge).
    If you plan pvp solo, you will lack Hp/RS/range.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Tro/Peh all day...tried various set ups with amep/oh and absolutely hated it.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Max setup is good only if you osb or team. Otherwise you lack HP, your RS will be too low (even with wolf graft ^^ ) and range for OH will gona make you bank your head on keyboard.
    If you plan on team pvp or pvp with gsf, maxwell setup is great (Great AR great dmge).
    If you plan pvp solo, you will lack Hp/RS/range.
    I must say that the low range is annoying, yes. But, if some1 manages to get out of your range (even with snares mines / root graft / pet snare aura), he/she manages to even got out of the tro/peh range. When I chase oponents, I just need to come a bit closer, not a big deal.

Just think of the situations in which a low range is not "handy". Fighting against all melee profs, its not mentionable since they need to come atleast in OHs range. What else ? Docs ? Only a pure range wont change there anything. Soldiers? Same thing. Oh wait, what else ? In all duels, range doesnt matter - I mean real fights w/o running around like a chicken. There arent much situations in which the low range can be noticed that negative. There are much more situations, much much more, in which a low AR is much more sucky.

Lacking RS ? Klick on my item config and yours and then, please tell me the RS values.

And I still wonder that I dont really lack HP. Sure, I dont have as much hp as you Aly, but I absolutely feel no difference. Using NM Absorb and the Perk Reflect, every alpha is survivable pretty easy. Keep in mind that you might need less HP if you make a decent ammount more of damage on the other hand since fights (can) last shorter. Dont recall it currently exactly, but I got 3,2-3,3k AR self - a huge difference. If you dont manage to perk your target, you prolly wont feel an advantage in only more hp. In fact, you dont kill your target with more hp

Quote Originally Posted by Tehevolz View Post
    Tro/Peh all day...tried various set ups with amep/oh and absolutely hated it.
    I can understand this. But thats, like we all already said, a personal thing. Personal playstyle. There is no "THIS AND ONLY THIS" solution. I simply dont like the fact of having only ~2,8k AR. For example, Enforcer like Forz are not perkable with this AR. And then, the engi wont win.
    Last edited by Dumonde; Mar 15th, 2013 at 10:30:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    I must say that the low range is annoying, yes. But, if some1 manages to get out of your range (even with snares mines / root graft / pet snare aura), he/she manages to even got out of the tro/peh range. When I chase oponents, I just need to come a bit closer, not a big deal.
    Just think of the situations in which a low range is not "handy". Fighting against all melee profs, its not mentionable since they need to come atleast in OHs range. What else ? Docs ? Only a pure range wont change there anything. Soldiers? Same thing. Oh wait, what else ? In all duels, range doesnt matter - I mean real fights w/o running around like a chicken. There arent much situations in which the low range can be noticed that negative. There are much more situations, much much more, in which a low AR is much more sucky.
    Lacking RS ? Klick on my item config and yours and then, please tell me the RS values.
    And I still wonder that I dont really lack HP. Sure, I dont have as much hp as you Aly, but I absolutely feel no difference. Using NM Absorb and the Perk Reflect, every alpha is survivable pretty easy. Keep in mind that you might need less HP if you make a decent ammount more of damage on the other hand since fights (can) last shorter. Dont recall it currently exactly, but I got 3,2-3,3k AR self - a huge difference. If you dont manage to perk your target, you prolly wont feel an advantage in only more hp. In fact, you dont kill your target with more hp .
    As you stated it is all about playstyle but maybe i didnt explained very well the RS thing. We got same RS self but as OH got lower range it is pretty easy to be out of range for any prof self buffed (except soldier^^). And there isn't A prof that gona kite you , all prof gonna kite you if they are enough smart , even melee. Force you to use your def toolset runaway come back later , try again ect ect (bring friends). Or just runaway because they know you can drop them.
    Ofc in duel Amep/Oh is great as troa/pewh, it is all about the player.
    About Hp, well i still dont have nm absorb and 2K board (1,6k hp with boon+ 5K coon) and i still wondering how you are doing vs 3+ pvper when you solo ^^
    Last edited by dritst; Mar 15th, 2013 at 17:23:51.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Enforcer like Forz are not perkable with this AR. And then, the engi wont win.
    I perk forz with my tro/peh.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast