Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team Composition - (off topic posts from Monthly Dev Update)

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    {edited by Anarrina: do not fix someone else's words}
    See how easy it is to bust someone when you know they are full of it lol. Someone who quit long ago, so I fixed your post for you. It's easy to talk, not so easy to pull your foot out of your mouth.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 21st, 2013 at 21:42:54.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    See how easy it is to bust someone when you know they are full of it lol. Someone who quit long ago, so I fixed your post for you. It's easy to talk, not so easy to pull your foot out of your mouth.
    You'd be one to know all about that wouldn't you Mr. "I'm unbeatable on any MP". As for busting me? No. I stated my experience with the quest XP, you seem to think you've suddenly got one up on me.

Poor you.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funny how selective memory works. Never said I was unbeatable, I said I had not been beaten by X proffession to date. When solo kills and duel kills are more than 5x as many losses that generally is a decent indicator that someone is decent at pvp. That being beside the point, you were busted by 3 people on this thread for your eroneous xp/sk statements that you personally signed off on as accurate. The funny part is you haven't played to see it in current game yet you still talk as if you know these facts.

Like an arm chair quarterback/coach. You are a legend in your own mind. hahaha
    Last edited by Psikie; Mar 21st, 2013 at 22:32:03.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funny how selective memory works. Never said I was unbeatable, I said I had not been beaten by X proffession to date. When solo kills and duel kills are more than 5x as many losses that generally is a decent indicator that someone is decent at pvp. That being beside the point, you were busted by 3 people on this thread for your eroneous xp/sk statements that you personally signed off on as accurate. The funnty part is you haven't played to see it in current game yet you still talk as if you know these facts.

Like an arm chair quarterback/coach. You are a legend in your own mind. hahaha
    YOU say you can beat a MP with an NT I say PROVE it, because I know how to play MP and there is not a NT I have EVER seen that can beat an MP I control.
    Selective memory indeed

Also quite obviously you are incapable of reading or understanding 'In my experience, this happened'. Things change, I mentioned that it may have changed. You're going to need to try harder than that.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Rofl, how you managed to team anybody before the XP/SK reward nerf is beyond me since nobody did those pre 215.
    1. Yes it is, it no longer scales to your level.
    All the Xan quests changed alongside the key quests in terms of XP/SK unless you are within a set level boundary.
    My Trader got barely any XP when he did the quests outside of the range, hence why I said it.

Also: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=597188
    I think i read just fine. You conceeded after it was brought up you don't even play AO lol. But you were soo positive in all these statements. Maybe you can hocus pocus some people but not me Jr.

You might refocus your time on whatever other game you are playing instead of lurking around AO forums with old outdated knowledge that no longer applies trying to sound like an expert. More reason you could never be on a team of mine. hahaha

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

That's really enough back and forth between the two of you. Please take any further discussion to private messages.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Then something has changed since last year when I was levelling my Trader since I went and did the Scheol Xan quest at 185 and got maybe half a level out of all of it.
    Then you were either bugged or you were doing something wrong. Nothing has changed in past year with regard to non-key quests. 18.4.15 was patched in early Feb 2012, and the patch notes were ambiguous in mentioning that SL quests had their XP/SK rewards modified, where as the TestLive patch notes explicitly said it was only garden key quests that were affected. Am 100% sure it was just an oversight on the Live patch notes to not mention it was just garden key quests that had rewards modified as I tested it personally days after the patch in Live and found nothing had changed with the non-key quests.

If you had quit in Apr 2012, then nothing would have changed between that Feb patch and when you quit, and next patch was in June 2012. And I can vouch that after that June patch till now, nothing has changed with regard to non-key quests in SL, as I've levelled quite a few levels exclusively off those in that time.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    No-ones forcing you to use docs enfs or crats, lol
    Given that Enforcers have the best tools for controlling aggro and tanking, Docs have the most powerful heals, and Crats have the best crowd control/calming abilities, the game in it's current state is designed to require those professions. You don't need them in every case, but at a minimum encounters are designed around having an Enforcer and Doctor in your team.

For tanking, Enforcers are the Olympic Gold Medal winner. Soldiers qualified for the olympics but didn't place.

For healing, Doctors are your Olympic Gold Medal winner. At best anyone else is a State High School Champion.

Things are a bit more equal for calming and crowd control.

That's what's exciting about the planned rebalance for me. It's looking like the tanks and healers are at least in the same final heat.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Rofl, how you managed to team anybody before the XP/SK reward nerf is beyond me since nobody did those pre 215.
    hmm ... I must be doing something wrong as all my characters including 4 level 200 have already done ALL Xan quests.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    hmm ... I must be doing something wrong as all my characters including 4 level 200 have already done ALL Xan quests.
    Because you had a lot of help from org, friends or dual logged your 220 alt dont count.

On Topic, most of you realized that the profession problem wasn't so bad when you were making a team for RK missions. All professions have something unique and some are better than others, (that's a fact in every game) but the main reason for the low opinion of some, is the amount of skill needed to make them fairly good.

Some profession you just put on a good weapon and you pretty good, will others need time, nanos and proper use of their skills to be good, most of which you dont get when you are powerlvled to fast. And there is the problem. Now pvp is a different story.
    We live in a beautiful world

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123