Thread: Can't purchase Phasefront

Can't purchase Phasefront

I have been trying to convert my Funcom Points to Paid Points in order to buy some Phasefront bikes, but seem to have ran into a brick wall. I can't seem to find any way to make the conversion anymore.

I asked around ingame and talk to several people whom have used Phasefront and now to their suprize they can't seem to make the transfer either any longer.

Does that mean that we can't buy Phasefront stuff anymore or am I doing something horribly wrong here?

Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Time to buy the 3k points apartment on all toons...
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Frankly I'm a bit confused. In one sentence I'm encouraged to spend those points, presumably lest I lose them. In another I'm told that I might get something special later on because I bought Phasefront points.

Do I need to keep some points on hand in order to get this special something, or can I merely mount my uber skateboard to show that I had some at one point?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Frankly I'm a bit confused. In one sentence I'm encouraged to spend those points, presumably lest I lose them. In another I'm told that I might get something special later on because I bought Phasefront points.

Do I need to keep some points on hand in order to get this special something, or can I merely mount my uber skateboard to show that I had some at one point?
    I believe all the points will be zero'd and the rewards will be given to any player/account that had points at one time.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    at one time.
    This is Genele's thing, I get that, so thank you for taking the time to reply. Having said that, I'm going to assume that the above is more correct than, "....at that time."

Regards,
    Last edited by Gorathon; Apr 16th, 2013 at 01:22:27. Reason: My first draft sounded kinda bitter and bitchy
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Spend them before the patch.....

.... whens the patch?
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Just want to add in here that if you're going to do something like this to peoples' points, I'd suggest that you post it somewhere a bit more visible than one post in a forum which not everyone spams "New Posts" on. A little bit of communication goes a long way

Perhaps a message in the game launcher or somewhere else anyone who plays this game always sees
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

how about converting unused phasefront points into item shop points ? I don't have anything else to buy in phasefront shop... So what am i supposed to do with the remaining points ?
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    how about converting unused phasefront points into item shop points ? I don't have anything else to buy in phasefront shop... So what am i supposed to do with the remaining points ?
    How would one decide how many of the phasefront points converted ? Since the phasefront points are on a per character basis and you'll get new ones every time you make a new toon. Will it be decided with the lowest available on any character on the account or the highest ?

I think the way they are doing it now seems very good to me, the reward for those that once upon a time has purchased phasefront points are yet to be decided. I don't see a reason to make this more complicated then needed and it seems they have a good handle on things regarding this.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    This is Genele's thing, I get that, so thank you for taking the time to reply. Having said that, I'm going to assume that the above is more correct than, "....at that time."

Regards,
    I apologize for any ambiguity. The amount of Phasefront points you have on any specific character will not matter. What will matter is how many Phasefront Points you have set on your account; that is, if you were to roll a new char, the amount of Phasefront points it is born with.

Burn 'em if you got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Spend them before the patch.....

.... whens the patch?
    This will be the 18.7 Patch. We do not have an ETA on it yet, but once we do, we'll provide advance notice and reminder of this impending change will be placed in the Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Just want to add in here that if you're going to do something like this to peoples' points, I'd suggest that you post it somewhere a bit more visible than one post in a forum which not everyone spams "New Posts" on. A little bit of communication goes a long way

Perhaps a message in the game launcher or somewhere else anyone who plays this game always sees
    As stated above, once we have a much firmer grasp of when the 18.7 patch will be going Live (or onto Testlive) we'll be sure to place a note in the launcher, at the very least.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    As stated above, once we have a much firmer grasp of when the 18.7 patch will be going Live (or onto Testlive) we'll be sure to place a note in the launcher, at the very least.
    Perfect. Was just a hint to stop the pitchforks coming out if you drop this without making it clear to everyone, as has happened in the past with other ninja changes
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

This is going to royally suck. At least put a phasefront vehicle in the veteran booth so I don't have to buy one every time I make a toon.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    This is going to royally suck. At least put a phasefront vehicle in the veteran booth so I don't have to buy one every time I make a toon.
    Bump for this!
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

I have an issue with the phasefront points. I made a vet account 2 months ago , before this was posted changing/using them up. The new account did not receive the points at all.. I had a ton on the original acct , but have not one on the new one. Is this something I should petition or am I just out of luck ? Kind of wanted the sunglasses and a flying machine since I missed out on jet pack. Any help here would be great

As far as I know the Vet acc you make wont get the paid points, at least i never did:O
    Proud member of Vox Populi since 2005

Phatz!!

I see that now larzba.. sorry for my confusion/frustration

confused

I have been away from the game for a while and have a short memory. Please explain:

1- What are Funcom points (I think they are the points I bought with cash) and are they the ones spent on phase shop items like the boards, bikes and clothes?

2- What is the item shop, where is it and how do I access it? How does one get currency to use in the item shop?

3- All of these are separate from the vet shop, right?

4- What exactly is the "veteran account" created with FC points? Is it a copy of my current account that has veteran points and what good does it do to have one?

Also. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605266
    Also. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=583944
    Also. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605508

Also. thought there was one from Means but I cannot seem to find it.

Did this already happen? Am I too late?

Other than Genele and/or Means saying something to the effect of "We are planning something special to the players that have bought Paid Points" and others saying "spend them before 18.7!!", I'm afraid I have not sees anything specific to 18.7 in a while.

I'd be happy with just getting them transfered 1:1 to Funcom Points, but has the Phasefront vendor been removed already?

I just double-checked aoitems.com and jepp, we are only on 18.6.10 so no 18.7 yet. I just want to make sure nobody forgets and ample time should be given if we SHOULD be spending them or waiting for whatever is announced.
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History