Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Rihwen and Carlo will no longer be nodrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You just want the game dumbed down to your level.

So you can't get 2k MC/TS, even though engineers could get that without alphas/ql300 symbs, db1/2/3 gear, any gear from aliens, or research? You must not be very good at this game.
    I'm sure he can get the 2147 nanoskills to cast and buff his pets. His point is that it's a huge hassle to swap a ton of stuff to do it all the time. Dumbed down and less tedious don't mean the same thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    I'm sure he can get the 2147 nanoskills to cast and buff his pets. His point is that it's a huge hassle to swap a ton of stuff to do it all the time. Dumbed down and less tedious don't mean the same thing to me.
    Engineers got an extra 100 MC and 120 TS from research. Plus the differences in symbs from 270/280 to 300, plus HUD/UTILs (which are extraordinarily easy to swap), plus alien armor and perks.

Engineers really have trouble getting the skills necessary to cast their pet with all of that, even though people did it without that? That seems more like a learn2play issue than a problem with the game or class. Hence, dumbed down.

Certainly no engineer runs around with those reqs met. It's not trouble to get them, it's just lots of and/or long swaps. Keepers need to ltp too huh? Their nanos take hundreds less nanoskills but they have to swap a ton of stuff to buff.

I don't necessarily know of a solution, since if you lower the requirements a lot you potentially up their power somewhat by letting them perk into NR with little to no sacrifice (not that their NR is much to speak of, but it would still benefit), or let them have the same nanos more easily at lower levels, which is taken care of by level locks, but level locks aren't something the AO community is super fond of anyway.

But it's not a "you need to learn to play" thing. All engineers that aren't in setups that would be laughed at need to swap to buff. Just like keepers. It's a request to remove tediousness, and MP and crat pets timing out after 30 mins or 2 hours is also just tedious, without weaking those professions.

Tbh in this thread I see more reasons for MPs to cry instead of Engis..

All those excess nanoskills, oh boy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Certainly no engineer runs around with those reqs met. It's not trouble to get them, it's just lots of and/or long swaps. Keepers need to ltp too huh? Their nanos take hundreds less nanoskills but they have to swap a ton of stuff to buff.

I don't necessarily know of a solution, since if you lower the requirements a lot you potentially up their power somewhat by letting them perk into NR with little to no sacrifice (not that their NR is much to speak of, but it would still benefit), or let them have the same nanos more easily at lower levels, which is taken care of by level locks, but level locks aren't something the AO community is super fond of anyway.

But it's not a "you need to learn to play" thing. All engineers that aren't in setups that would be laughed at need to swap to buff. Just like keepers. It's a request to remove tediousness, and MP and crat pets timing out after 30 mins or 2 hours is also just tedious, without weaking those professions.
    You know, I was curious about this at one time and actually put together an engi setup where they could selfcast all of their nanos with a minimum of swapping (I think it was 1 or 2 pieces, both in the HUD/UTILs section). The difference between that setup and the "typical" pistol PvP engi setup was very slight. As in, you'd still be completely viable in both PvE and PvP in a setup where you could selfcast all your nanos as an engi. So I have absolutely no sympathy. They give up nanoskills to gain skills in other areas. That's the exact spirit of the original AO, and there's nothing wrong with it being like that. They CAN selfcast their nanos without swapping, but they choose not to for minor gains.

Lol at selfcasting everything on an engi withot swaps. Running around with arith armor, nano hud etc. is so ToTW - like ... Been there, done that ... at lvl 60. At 220 i dont really want to hide behind a pillar anymore. "Minor gains", lol, yeah, sure

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Also, while we're at it, give engi special blockers and reflect rippers to MPs and crats too.
    You already got 2 pieces of engi toolset: spec blockers from SS and reflects on zset.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    All pet classes need new pets. New and improved and rebalanced for 2013. Don't argue with each other point the finger at where it belongs.

To state the obvious. Excluding carlita since its not endgame pet.

FC, we want new pets. We need new pets. All pet classes.
    ^ This.

Also casting requirements on pets aren't what bugs my engineer, it's the need to swap to cast the DB buffs that you then throw on them (even if they're mediocre for the effort, ie. Formula 22). I don't see the reqs on those being lowered any time soon.

EDIT: Also that bug where you zone and one of your pets goes poof for no fathomable reason. After all the effort you went through to buff them this is just a kick in the nuts.
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:02:35. Reason: Just had that disappearing pet bug happen to me, and was thus reminded of its existence.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Tbh in this thread I see more reasons for MPs to cry instead of Engis..

All those excess nanoskills, oh boy..
    "We're not nerfing Metaphysicists, we're buffing their lack of nanoskills."
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

ITT: Debuffers complain about having high nano skills.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

This thread needs a big "Not sure if srs" stamp on it since OP is regularly seen PvPing w/o pets.
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

This thread needs a big "Not sure if srs" stamp on it since OP is regularly seen PvPing w/o pets.
    Viably id add since blockers, nsd AS and pistol perks dont need pets out to be used. Wish I could run around pvping without my guns equipped.

Engis have it so hard poor engi ((( should buff them so they can feel lub again ((((((((((
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I dont get it, whining over 3k credits? Loot 1 mob every so often....

On another note, was 6 keys before i got a carlo. I also bought 2 of them for 90m, so i'll take 3k every cast over 6 raids any day.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Engis have it so hard poor engi ((( should buff them so they can feel lub again ((((((((((
    I hereby order every MP out there to buff engis with CM8,4 CI or any kind of TS MC buff - ON SIGHT.

..but hey, you were doing that anyway all the way till they reached tl7

"Engineer pets are OP and not too much effort to cast because you pvp without them"

Do I need to say it?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Do I need to say it?
    "does everything need to be easy-mode?"

was that it?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

guess its bit OT but I suggest that the pet attack rating of any pet class would scale with the nano skills of the caster, maybe with a small multiplier like ~1.4.
    meep

This is a lolz thread, I laughed from a good healthy place as Katt Williams would say.

The funny part is with your own arguement both MP and Engi's require CM to cast their endgame pets. It's a shame Engi's cant cast CM sorry.

Your arguement is like saying it's not fair that soldier can self buff a d-shark on and engie's can't. LOLZ
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Lol at selfcasting everything on an engi withot swaps. Running around with arith armor, nano hud etc. is so ToTW - like ... Been there, done that ... at lvl 60. At 220 i dont really want to hide behind a pillar anymore. "Minor gains", lol, yeah, sure
    So what are you complaining about now? Pet cast requirements or pet buff cast requirements? Man, you engineers really need to get some solidarity on which issues are important enough to whine about.

However, looks like I was misremembering. I put together a setup for post-rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    You already got 2 pieces of engi toolset: spec blockers from SS and reflects on zset.
    The difference being, we actually have to sacrifice other things to get those.

SS locks out of ALL casting for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, your blockers are just a normal buff, which means 4 second recharge that you can do outside of combat, since your's lasts for 2 hours and ours lasts for 1 minute.

Zset means we have no personal damage of our own and have to rely entirely on nukes (TL4 nukes) and pet damage. Your reflects are cast and ignore for 4 hours.

So what do you sacrifice for being top-tier in both PvM and PvP, since you so desperately want to make this MP vs Engi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
    guess its bit OT but I suggest that the pet attack rating of any pet class would scale with the nano skills of the caster, maybe with a small multiplier like ~1.4.
    that actually sounds reasonable and a good way to put MP's nanoskills to use!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast