Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rehash: Gauntlet Timer

Rehash: Gauntlet Timer

I would like to see the gauntlet timer moved to something more like 7 hours, even if you have to reduce the length of the buff (kind of obvious) or even reduce item drop rate (if you really care that much).

At this stage of the game, it isn't like you will get a flood of people with bastion pieces or anything, but for someone who might have 2 or even 4 hours in a certain timerange to play per day, it is pretty restrictive. I understand locking or gating of content, but using a timespam that rotates that slowly for people is too much in my opinion.

Thanks!

Keep the 17 hour timer to visit the top floor in open Pande, but put a 5~6 hour raid lock timer on being able to enter the Gauntlet and clear the preceding floors.

That ensures that there will still be competition for the strand, but will also mean people can farm their set of Collatz in less than 3 months.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Keep the 17 hour timer to visit the top floor in open Pande, but put a 5~6 hour raid lock timer on being able to enter the Gauntlet and clear the preceding floors.

That ensures that there will still be competition for the strand, but will also mean people can farm their set of Collatz in less than 3 months.

That would be a reasonable compromise, I'd be happy with that as well.

I never really liked one a day boss spawns anyways. I agree with waki.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I never really liked one a day boss spawns anyways. I agree with waki.
    2 times a day once in a while thank you !

Bump for this.
    :E

Sound good to me

This absolutely still needs revisited.

I have a 3-4 hour per day window of play time in the evenings, and not every evening because I have a life.
    Doing a quick simulation in Excel, assuming I play every evening, I have 9 chances to do Gauntlet per month (or per $15), some of which start during my play window but would last longer than it.

Also, certain days of the week will have 0 runs that I can attend the entire month, while other days will have multiple. God forbid I go do anything on Tuesday or Thursday during certain months because I will miss about 3 of the Gauntlet runs available to me. Some of them are on the weekend and it's summer time. Better not go out of town, you might miss a Gauntlet spawn.

I hope the point is clear. This is 2015. Many of the AO players are adults now with lives, jobs, and families. I can't schedule my week around time-gated content in a videogame.
    This also is not just about gear. It's hard to even get practice running it. If you die, that's it. Game over, your run is done, wait 3 days to try again.

Michi please reconsider changing how and when this instance opens. The suggestion to open the lower floors every 5 or 7 hours, but open the top floor every 17 would make it much easier to get the content done without an unnecessary burden of time gating.
    Last edited by sultryvoltron; Jul 7th, 2015 at 20:06:20.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Think i did my limited time of 2hrs a day gaming playing of 6 month farming collatz full armor set. People these days...sheesh..i walked all the uphill to shadowlands & uphill to rubika..seesh young wimper snappers ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Yeah, this is so true, when gauntlet was launched I was single with 24hours per day. No problem.

I got 10 220s in gauntlet gear.

Fast forward. Today I get 1to2 done per week. End result this year I got 1 pad done.

Gauntlet needs change. I purpose, give it raidlock 17hours, and first four floors can be done at will.

Every 17 hours spawn real gauntlet, that is exactly as it is now.

Enabling people to farm parts at will. And not in current fashion of 1 per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I want the Vizaresh spawn timer to have a 30min and 15min warning like the Tara timer does.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I agree completely, there really isn't enough warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    I want the Vizaresh spawn timer to have a 30min and 15min warning like the Tara timer does.
    This is also a very good idea.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Allowing players into the instance once in a while simply for gear farming sounds like a good idea to me.

My org has players that are rather extreme, and could get into Gauntlet simply because they're on all the time. However, we've got others who are only on a few times each week. In reality, they would almost never have a shot at getting completed Gauntlet Armor, which is a real bummer.

That would be a nice change for players vicously trying to complete a toon and casuals, alike.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

bump for good idea

Great idea that I'm sure most of the player base will support. - Today is a prime example of what is wrong with the Gaunt timer system. Set an alarm for it, Head to bed, And wake up to there being a patch so you've missed it and theres 16 hours to go for the next one. Horrible system
    Last edited by Kurasaki; Jul 9th, 2015 at 16:24:26.

So Gauntlet spawned while I was online today. And when I saw "while I was online" what I really mean is I logged on, checked my GMI, placed some sell orders, start working on farming something, see the notice that Vizaresh is up, panic, oh dear God run, go Xan -> Pande, see the Zodiac is alive again and the portal is down, fail to get anyone standing around to help kill it, and go back to farming the something.

With more frequent notifications that it's alive I might have made it had I not done the stuff I did before trying to get there.

Why does this instance have to be so hard to get inside?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast