Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before we go on steam

Before we go on steam

The item store, in its current state, turned a lot of people away from the game.
    Once this hits steam you guys have the potential to get back players.
    Please consider one of the three suggestions though.
    Either:
    1. Lower item store prices
    2. Make credits exchangeable for item store points
    3. Get rid of the subscription fee and place it on steam's free to play area

Please consider this! I miss playing with people
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

And how do we generate revenue?

Already everyone that wants breedchange, sidechange buys it... So prices are to low if anything.

And subscription? Id rather see it, then have AO become paxy to win...

Though it is right now kinda. MR is pay to get, towers are a namechange and a sidechange away... Itemstore is already ruining gameplay.

I greatly support cash for credits in itemstore. Let people buy those.

And also credits for points albeit at crazy prices, like 2-5 mil for 1 point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    3. Get rid of the subscription fee and place it on steam's free to play area
    Or place subscriptions of varying durations in the item store as tradeable items a la EVE's PLEX system.

Agree with everything else you said.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    2. Make credits exchangeable for item store points
    Much as I dislike the item store this makes no sense. How do you expect FC to make money from the item store while essentially giving away the items for free?

I'd say just have proper offers on the subscriptions regarding funcom points and maybe novelty items. Nothing as overpowered as the helmet you decided to put in game with a nodrop tag and limited to that short of a timespan though.

In addition, what you really really have to do like 5 years ago, is start using currency rates and not punish people for living in UK or EU compared to US. It's not fair, a UK citizen have to pay 15£ while a US citizen gets to pay 15$, the fact you haven't fixed this injustice yet is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Much as I dislike the item store this makes no sense. How do you expect FC to make money from the item store while essentially giving away the items for free?
    Ever play Guild Wars 2? Gems to gold and gold to gems. People pay real money for gems and exchange it for gold all the time.

If people could buy item store points and convert them to credits, say 1 point = 1k credits then 10k credits for 1 point.
    Many others under 100

And suggestion #999, ask for a leet item for tf2, and you'll get a massive rush of players. :P
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    And suggestion #999, ask for a leet item for tf2, and you'll get a massive rush of players. :P
    I'd rather have more hats in AO.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

lol let item store stuff be bought with credits? And you say this seriously? Everybody knows a 220 can generate enough credits to buy everything in AO ten times over with plenty left over.

Contrary to popular belief not everyone in this game is a veteran. The people trying AO out for the first time through Steam certainly won't be.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRanch View Post
    lol let item store stuff be bought with credits? And you say this seriously? Everybody knows a 220 can generate enough credits to buy everything in AO ten times over with plenty left over.
    Eh No, not a 220 With a so called Real Life.....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    In addition, what you really really have to do like 5 years ago, is start using currency rates and not punish people for living in UK or EU compared to US. It's not fair, a UK citizen have to pay 15£ while a US citizen gets to pay 15$, the fact you haven't fixed this injustice yet is beyond me.
    it's the price we pay to have hot towers in our primetime

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's the price we pay to have hot towers in our primetime
    Good point! I'll be back complaining when omnis sync their timers in hawaiian prime which we all know will happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    Eh No, not a 220 With a so called Real Life.....
    I thought Rk4 was destroyed after the server merge?
    Many others under 100

i vote for server reroll on steam. Everybody level 1!

In all seriousness though, the item store works. Ive never bought an item from there and never felt that i've needed to. The credits for points option is definitely a no go for me personally, even if it was 5m for 1pt people could easily get 1k points in no time.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

anarchy online should be cheaper before it go steam

I'll have to support this as well.

Fully free to play would be great especially considering what the competition is offering. It might be needed, at this point, in order to pull in the non-veterans who might be interested in the game.

I'd go so far as to say the "create an account" feature needs to be integrated with the launcher as well. That way if someone downloads AO on Steam they don't need to go to the website to make an account. Basically it needs to be seamless.

As for the whole "OMIGOSH MONIES HOW DOES ONE GET THEM" well for one Expansions could be one-time purchases without subscription fees tied to them (basically following a DLC model). And the item shop in-game could be expanded a lot, prices reduced, so that more people use them.

You could also steal the gem/gold system from guild wars and let players buy platinum ingots or something :P

And people joke about things like hats, but honestly? If you're going to release a game on steam, *why not* take advantage of the features Steam offers? I mean, sure, achievements might be hard due to the nature of the game, but should theoretically be possible. At the very least I'd love to see some AO trading cards as dumb as it is. :P

And speaking of hats... I wouldn't be so negative towards the concept, at least not after having seen Docholics work on the ingame icons.

Workshop integration similar to that of DOTA 2 in which users could submit their own work for social items to be considered by the crew...? Yeah, could potentially be pretty cool. Marketplace for social items would be nice as well.

Heck, I'd even say the thing Dreamer joked about could be a good idea to play around with as well - to just point the steam version to a separate server with a fresh start. An entirely new beginning without 12 years of inflation. That way you'd see "where the game breaks" in terms of progression, enjoyment, etc. So it's not an entirely silly idea either :P
    Just log your 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    I'd rather have more hats in AO.
    Bump.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Free-To-Play is one of the worst things ever to hit the MMO scene.

What NEEDS to happen, is the store prices need to be reduced, ALL buyable things above $15 need to be account wide once-per-toon claimable.

Also, exchanging credits for subscription is kind of on the "meh" side of things. In MANY people's eyes it is a Pay-To-Win scheme. However, it also allows people to pay for multiple accounts using their in-game accomplishments. It also hurts Credit-Sellers badly. So it is a mixed bag.

They'd have to raise the cap on carryable credit limit to 1 trillion though (999bill).

If released in it's current state, AO is going to get laughed right off of Steam, even if they hold off until after the new engine is ready. There's just too much wrong with the game at this point to attract any significant number of new players. I figure that FC knows this also, and that's why they continue to gouge vets for overpriced subscriptions rather than seek other revenue sources (such as true f2p).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast