Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Before we go on steam

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    If released in it's current state, AO is going to get laughed right off of Steam, even if they hold off until after the new engine is ready. There's just too much wrong with the game at this point to attract any significant number of new players. I figure that FC knows this also, and that's why they continue to gouge vets for overpriced subscriptions rather than seek other revenue sources (such as true f2p).
    I'd have to /disagree with this one. As a kinda new player myself (main is now level 76), I've found that this game appeals to the "sandbox" crowd. Since I started, I've seen about 6, so far, of the old SWG people I ran with try the game, and sub, with more coming (another 6 at least that I know of) and very possible another old SWG guild coming over.

With more sandbox games coming (EQNEXT seems to be the big one), Funcom is in a pretty good position to "cash-in" on the upcoming sandbox phase of MMOs with 1 that has 12 years of post-launch upgrades. The suggestion I would have is to further build upon the sandbox features, that sets this game apart from WoW et al, and make AO an alternative to all the little themepark games out there. IE - more housing, more deco items and more placement of same, more maps, end game areas, dedicated crafter profs that level via crafting, less NODROP/Unique, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Esquire; Jul 29th, 2013 at 19:32:40.
    "INVICTUS"

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    I'd have to /disagree with this one. As a kinda new player myself (main is now level 76), I've found that this game appeals to the "sandbox" crowd. Since I started, I've seen about 6, so far, of the old SWG people I ran with try the game, and sub, with more coming (another 6 at least that I know of) and very possible another old SWG guild coming over.

Bump. I miss SWG crafting. Firefall is as close as it gets atm.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post

With more sandbox games coming (EQNEXT seems to be the big one), Funcom is in a pretty good position to "cash-in" on the upcoming sandbox phase of MMOs with 1 that has 12 years of post-launch upgrades. The suggestion I would have is to further build upon the sandbox features, that sets this game apart from WoW et al, and make AO an alternative to all the little themepark games out there. IE - more housing, more deco items and more placement of same, more maps, end game areas, dedicated crafter profs that level via crafting, less NODROP/Unique, etc etc etc.
    This. Something like Housing on the org city or private houses on the now barren city spots on the world map.

Also I would love to see all-in crafting system in AO that utilizes better the already set in Trade departments of the stores. For example in Mortal Online you can craft something like 3.8 trillion different weapons, because you can put pieces together no matter what quality the resulting weapon will be. Most weapons you craft will result in useless pieces of metal (like most of the weapons in the game already are) They just don't have to be tied to premade weapons. Maybe even make your own names for the weapons (with profanity filter) and models would be defined by the parts used

AO could resurrect itself if enough effort was put to the already deep customization. Games today are going further away from the AO game model and I think this fact should be utilized and fill the void . Also MMORPG using automatically generated missions is something very solid even today, it just needs more interesting layouts.

Proper PVP, someway utilizing the world map. different game modes and maps. Maybe something like WoW uses. BS is BS

Would be really sad to see AO be lost to the current state of gaming as a whole. I started this game in the beta and now it seems to be in worst state it has ever been. Just hardcore players who know what jewel the game is keep playing it.

No free2play for AO, that where good games go to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    Ever play Guild Wars 2? Gems to gold and gold to gems. People pay real money for gems and exchange it for gold all the time.

If people could buy item store points and convert them to credits, say 1 point = 1k credits then 10k credits for 1 point.
    That's actually a reason I stopped playing GW2 and never went back.

By contrast, there is a game called "Path of Exile" that is completely free and has no pay to win scenarios. The game makes money by selling alternate art for weapons, pets, and effects.

While this may not be the time to implement it, after the new engine is out, that may certainly be another revenue source.

I do not agree with credits for store items. If that's the case then just put em in the game.

I'm also not happy that they took away character slots. We used to have 14, now we have 10.
    Lords of Silence : AO Division Leader

www.clanlos.net

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakyRussian View Post
    Free-To-Play is one of the worst things ever to hit the MMO scene.

What NEEDS to happen, is the store prices need to be reduced, ALL buyable things above $15 need to be account wide once-per-toon claimable.

Also, exchanging credits for subscription is kind of on the "meh" side of things. In MANY people's eyes it is a Pay-To-Win scheme. However, it also allows people to pay for multiple accounts using their in-game accomplishments. It also hurts Credit-Sellers badly. So it is a mixed bag.

They'd have to raise the cap on carryable credit limit to 1 trillion though (999bill).
    bump that, even with nearly 10k fc point (didnt buy them just from the subcription fee) I dont want to spend them because everything is supa overpriced... plus the fact that you cant buy much stuff from the store, there is not a lot of option, some OK social things at crazy price, and dont talk about heckler juice price LOL. FC need a good commercial service / marketing squad , always been like that since the launch. :'(
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by knaldar View Post
    Maybe even make your own names for the weapons (with profanity filter)
    We don't even have a working system for changing character names, a system for custom item names is just a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    If people could buy item store points and convert them to credits, say 1 point = 1k credits then 10k credits for 1 point.
    1mil credits = 1 point would be better. There should be no way to generate credits with real money, that will only destroy the economy.
    Last edited by Unkfix; Mar 18th, 2015 at 21:25:49.

The thing is that it comes down to predictable ROI risk assessment. Put resources on AO or put resources on developing something new?

Time has shown again and again that AO is at the bottom of the priority list for reasons explained above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

did funcom gave up on this ?

Why are you people against pay to win in the fc store?
    The most OP pay to win already exists its called MB.
    Balance is already out the window.

Yep, Soju is right there..

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    Why are you people against pay to win in the fc store?
    The most OP pay to win already exists its called MB.
    Balance is already out the window.
    What is MB?
    Multiboxing?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    I'd rather have more hats in AO.
    qft.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

As a casual player, and I know I will take slack for this, but if FC gave me a way to pay money to get Alpha's installed or CSS, I would buy it. I barely have time to really even play the game, but I do have some cash I'd be happy to toss in their direction. Not everybody who plays these games is a hard core gamer...

Makr (ENG 220/19) | Preachr (MP 220/17) | Reclaimr (CRAT 220/12)
    MisSlashr (ADV 200/18) | ShadyDealr (TDR 213/17) | Squishr (ENF 204/14)
    AmmoWastr (SOL 143/12) | Fleshmendr (DOC 160/21) | LeetSlicr (KPR 165/10)
    LilShootr (AGT 150/10) | TimeWastr (CRAT 100/5)
    General of Wolf Brigade

Makr, I totally agree with you. I'm in the same position.
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyZeus View Post
    That's actually a reason I stopped playing GW2 and never went back.

By contrast, there is a game called "Path of Exile" that is completely free and has no pay to win scenarios. The game makes money by selling alternate art for weapons, pets, and effects.
    If every 220 engineer had the option to reskin his pets, there would be A LOT of happy kidney transplant recipients.
    Waiting for a cure.

If FC would be smart it would add some pay2unlock skins for each end game armor and pets. It's been proven by other games that such a thing is a cash cow ...

AO going to steam? Lol, you still believe that? AO is just a dead dog FC is still kicking... i´ll be surprised if this game runs for another full year from now.
    Last edited by Rigister; Jun 13th, 2015 at 20:26:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigister View Post
    AO going to steam? Lol, you still believe that? AO is just a dead dog FC is still kicking... i´ll be surprised if this game runs for another full year from now.
    guess what?> it's still running :P

Quote Originally Posted by nepherius View Post
    If FC would be smart it would add some pay2unlock skins for each end game armor and pets. It's been proven by other games that such a thing is a cash cow ...
    +1 hope FC read this

Hahaha. Silly 2013 people. AO will never go on Steam. Funcom doesn't have that much financial wisdom. They'd rather continue relying on charity to keep the company afloat every year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast