Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Heartfelt Goodbye

Funcom employee A Heartfelt Goodbye

I'm not really a fan of beating around the bush, much like Joel, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. July 5th is going to come around, and, well, I’m not going to be here anymore. That’s right, as of July 5th, I will no longer be working for Funcom or be your Community Manager. I know my time with you guys was short, and I am sad that some ideas will not be realized now, but I hope you know that I will miss this community.

First and foremost, it’s of my own choosing! No worries that something crazy went on behind the scenes or anything like that. I totally didn’t have some sort of controversial fling with someone in the office in a leet costume. *cough* So stop thinking about that. I have actually been offered a very cool position on the community team at The Gamer Nation, a company that specializes in YouTube gaming channels, and I have decided that I want to take it and try something new. Instead of focusing on a few games, I can focus on all of the games! And that truly is where my passion lies – not the creation of games, but the support of games and the gaming industry. I can’t code to save my life, but I can support the coders! :P

While I have enjoyed my time at Funcom immensely, and that is the reason this decision was so hard, I feel it is my time to go and try something new. I have a great opportunity to help build another community, and I want to take it. This choice did not come lightly, however, as I have made more friends at this company than I think I’ve ever had in my entire life.

Besides, you guys are just fine without me. You run tons of events without my help and throw great in-game parties while listening to awesome radio stations. But, since I will be gone, and I know I helped support many events, if you are looking for support for your event, you will want to contact Tarib for support from now on. Please understand that with my leaving, he may not be able to respond to requests right away, so no bombarding him! I know that you are being left in very capable hands, and that the Funcom team is going to take awesome care of you. The AO developers are all over the place on these forums – far more than I’ve seen on other MMO forums. You have a great community here, and a great game. And it’s going to continue being great for years to come.

On a sad note, there will be no "Your Voice" this month, and it is discontinued for the foreseeable future.

And with that, I am off on another adventure. Don’t you worry, I’ll be around! Just not as often as before, and not in an official capacity, but definitely around. I would love to get some coverage for Anarchy Online once that new engine comes out and the game's lookin' all pretty.
    Last edited by Morteia; Jul 3rd, 2013 at 21:32:18.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time nanobot
    Tweetin' About the Anarchy
    The Book of Many Faces
    Everyday I'm Google-in'

Wish you lots of luck in the new company and the new position. New stuff can be a lot of fun.

I think we can handle the Q&A ourselves. The pattern has been established for many years. The people change but the message is all the same.

Go help spread the love of AO from a new portal and good luck with the new beginnings
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

It`s always hard to see ppl leaving but I understand your need to try something new.

I hope you will stop by once in a while when you have some chances

no pls
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

/sarcasm on

we can take a hint, u got canned because u asked to many questions that weren't supposed to be asked about the game, such as.. 99% of the ones from Your Voice.

/sarcasm off

Good Luck with your new job, im sure anywhere u go its better then here so congrats on the new opportunity.
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Good luck on your new pursuit! I'm sure it is very exciting!

I'm actually sad to see 'Your Voice' suddenly going away. I was happy to read people's thoughts.
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

Good blessings on a new path.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

well that's sad, sorry to see you leaving, but wish you all the best with your new Endeavour.

I hope the discontinuation of the your voice does not mean we won't at least get last months questions answered. (crosses fingers)
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

nothing interesting here

higher turnover rate than an IHOP
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Good luck Morteia at your new job! I wish the Your Voice questions werent discontinued, but its not your fault
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Good luck Morteia!

I enjoyed what little chats we have and can only hope someone else can pick up what plans we made
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

We all are going to miss you. Don't be a stranger.
    Director Mesarthim
    Personnel
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Ark Website & Forum Guidlines

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.T

Good look at your new job, and dont forget us!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Sad to see you go, but good to hear where to find you next Looking forward to TGN.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Good luck on y our future endeavours Don't be a stranger!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Am I the only one noticing that the only thing getting faster at Funcom is the times before employees change?

Good luck with the Gamer Nation thing.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast