Thread: Clicksaver after merge!

Clicksaver after merge!

Hi there!

I have not used clicksaver since 2006, but yesterday i installed v.3.1.0, but Ao wont start.. i did some asking around and was told there is a new version(?) after merge you have to use?

Well Google did not get me far there, I cant seem to find a "after-merge" version?
    That said, i hear people still using ol version that infact does work.. Am i missing something? I just open Zip file from the web and drag the files over to a "clicksaver" folder on my computer and launched it with the exe file.. no more to it right?

Thanks in advance my fellow Rubi-kaneers!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

First, download Clicksaver 2.3.5 from AO-Universe.com. Then follow Darkbane's instructions here to get it working.

A proper post-merge release has not yet been made.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

There's also a special version 3.1 at Kimi's website (arpa3.net) which has extra features like a rollability check to make sure you've spelled things right (and requires the same DLL fix) but it has annoying nags to donate money.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Never got Kimi's working.
    Also somewhat OS dependent.

There is an EXE and DLL for XP and a set for Win7/8.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Awesome, thanks Mawerick , works like a charm now!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Was there ever a release version of Clicksaver with the various fixes from server merge etc built in? Or is the protocol still to DL the AOU version and then to swap in the fixes from Darkbane's links?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

still need to swap
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

AOU still lacks someone willing to take ownership of ClickSaver. All the source code is available, but none of us at AOU has the expertise, time, and willingness to take responsibility for making sure it's all properly packaged up and working from patch to patch.

Anyone got the know-how and is willing to take this on, get in touch with Silvana.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Darkbane. Just need to find a friendly way to coerce him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

well, currently i am using version 2.4 with no problems. afaik 3.1+ are community versions (not official) and kimi isn't involved in the community anymore to my knowledge so those versions will not have been adapted for win 7+ making the older/simpler official versions more likely to work. just saw a need to point this out.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

After Uragon's last release, there were no more "official" versions of CS because there is no "official" maintainer. 2.3.5 is the last "official" version, so everything after 2.3.5 probably could be called "community versions" based on the definition of what's "official". (Hence, AOU is only willing to host the 2.3.5 version.)

The difference that I see is that I believe that Kimi's version collects information on what you roll and "phones home" with that information for Kimi's rollability website. I don't know if that's 100% true or not, but that's what I've heard. Also, Kimi's version is not open-source so I've never been 100% comfortable running it. Darkbane's 2.4 version was released along with all the source code. You can see that he just replaced the library that does the hooking to make CS work with the new app if you compare the directories and files with Uragon's source code.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

I have CS working with no issues on my laptop, but on my desktop it clicks once then stops. Both laptop and desktop are running Win 7 x64 and both have the aohook.dll and .exe replacements. In fact the laptop has the entire CS folder copied from the desktop. I've turned off any background apps that might cause issues on the desktop, but still it refuses to continue as it should. Anybody else have any ideas?
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

I've just created a public GitHub repository based on the source code for v2.3.5 hosted on AOU and updated to v2.4.0 from Darkbane. Converted the project to VS2013 and cleaned up the whole project structure. Other than that, there are no changes in functionality. See commit history on GitHub.

It works for me on Win 8.1.
    I don't know how many people still use XP after its support has officially ended (IMHO no sane person should have XP connected to the internet these days), but since Darkbane provides replacement binaries, there might still be a few. This version will most likely not work on XP. It should be an easy change in theory to make it run on XP, the only problematic part might be the message hooking and I wouldn't be able to test it.

For now I'm not providing a precompiled binary version. Maybe some considered to be an official trusted source (e.g. AOU) might want to do it. It should compile with the free VS2013 Community Edition, I guess.

Contact me initially through PM here if you have any questions about it.