Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MA PvM DPS?

nice job Ciex, that looks great! And 340k DPM is nothing to scoff at.

just gotta say if u gonna go for a high crit setup to perform as a martial arts trader i would rather swap the fists with a high crit shotgun.. it would OD fists ?
    atleast when i see shottys with (1000+ ) crit it should be a beast? is it possible you can try equip a shotty ciex if ip'd it all all?

and use the rk shottys not ofab etc with low crit.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 25th, 2014 at 02:20:04.

it's not the crits alone that make big DPS, It's the whole package:

Crits, yes, it's a big part of it, but there's a lot of DPS coming from regular hit and special spam proliferation as a result of triple wield.

40 hits per minute + 10 fast attack+4 brawl *accumulator procs * health drain procs
    + nearly a full perk suite that's built for a tradeskill prof which means that it doesn't check the primary weapon line, which means, if you're tight with IP, you can IP stuff like Chemistry to build a perk setup around fists even though it's not perk supported.

The largest portion of my damage comes from crits, yes. But the 2nd highest DPM margin on my Trader by a huge lead is the Accumulator procs. Triple wield does wonderful things to proc % based professions.

Partly one of the reasons why MA on Agent is so damned good too.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

yeah agent with fists is rly nice in pvm becose u can cast gnats twice and same witht he other..
    then ofc all the procs.

and yeah agent in mimic trader is for sure lovely as long someone can tank for him when he goes nuts with fists.

Ciex do you have any Auno setup avaiable?

Not sure why my old link died but I'll post it here again. Guess it was saved with a new number?..
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=191671

Just am missing the DB3 helm and ACDC which are for when you reach the higher range of the MA template (for the inits (and some damage)).. Oh and I'm a cheapskate so running around in CM (not CC)..
    Last edited by Aimzor; Jan 12th, 2015 at 14:23:43.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Isnt it visible on previous page, last post? No idea why would you want to use cc instead of cmerc as you are over mbs with just 1 drain running, w/o procs, so cmerc is simply better for added hp.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198585 Ive no idea how to put tonfas there but i use 2. I also have some other symbs but dont feel like linking them. Util 3 is DB3 creator module.

I dont really care for inits, i wont tank or solo anything anyway.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Isnt it visible on previous page, last post? No idea why would you want to use cc instead of cmerc as you are over mbs with just 1 drain running, w/o procs, so cmerc is simply better for added hp.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198585 Ive no idea how to put tonfas there but i use 2. I also have some other symbs but dont feel like linking them. Util 3 is DB3 creator module.

I dont really care for inits, i wont tank or solo anything anyway.
    That's where our builds diverge, I'm using shens because my I.P doesn't stretch enough for Fast Attack, but I'm more geared towards solo content instead of straight up +DD. I can comfortably solo most Inf dynas without breaking a sweat in almost full def, sadly our Phys Init doesn't reach high enough for 1/1, but it's enough.

I'm all about the tankiness while dealing considerable damage

EDIT: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=198974 - For anyone interested. It's not anywhere near complete and it's quite a bit outdated, but you get the general idea.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:10:45.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Raggy - you have an MP ring on that Trader configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadha View Post
    Raggy - you have an MP ring on that Trader configuration.
    Good catch! Remade the equip.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:10:54.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Not sure perhaps I wanted the AAO but not using CC anymore, so indeed CM for more HP atm.

Ciex: Regarding your setup, ever considdered those AI gloves add Energy damage? You seem to be maxing Energy but I'm not fully sure which is better, the Energy damage maxed or the Melee damage maxed.
    Energy adding to the weapons (dual) but Melee adding to First and the Proc. Personally to be abit on the saver side I choose both or else Melee damage over Energy. Because that's adds to the proc (and it's healing).

Guess you are on the higher side of the agro bar since you regard init's less important?

Intresting using that EOE, totally forgot about that. I might have one laying around

Raggy: nice boots :P
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

@Raggy, surprised the boots aren't Enhanced Dustbrigade Flexible Boots for more damage, unless with them you're under the MBS of the Shens.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Energy gloves would be better for dmg but i dont have them and they are hard to find, same as +15% scope. DB boots wont make it for tonfa setup. +5 dmg only but you do less dmg from combined ma attack and end up with slower fa recharge.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    @Raggy, surprised the boots aren't Enhanced Dustbrigade Flexible Boots for more damage, unless with them you're under the MBS of the Shens.
    I'm using Comb Mercs for the AAD and extra Body Dev. the +5 to damage would be negligable
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234