Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Voice - June

Funcom employee Your Voice - June

Welcome again to our second issue of “Your Voice”, a community forum get-together where you can ask questions of the developers, and we will then take them to get answered directly! It's great to be back for a second month of getting those awesome burning questions answered. Ever wonder where a certain sound effect comes from? Or perhaps you want to know the inspiration for a certain mission storyline?

Ask away friends, and we'll take your questions to the developers! This thread will stay open until June 15th at 16:00 GMT/12:00 EDT. It will then be closed and the questions relayed to developers for answers – so get your questions in soon!

Once I get the answers to the "Your Voice" questions for May, I will be posting them in a separate thread and linking them here. Yes, there will be a delay because Joel is usually the person who is in charge of getting them, and his family just dinged an extra member (CONGRATS JOEL!!!). In the interim, I will be trying to poke the devs and get some answers for you guys, but it will take time due to this unforeseen blessing!

In the meantime, no griping in this thread. I know, the answers are delayed. It sucks. But this isn't the first time it has happened, and I do not make promises I can't keep. I promise you I will get you the answers to at least 5 of the questions you asked in last month's thread.

And with that said, please feel free to ask the same questions! You never know which questions the devs are going to pick, so ask away!
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time nanobot
    Tweetin' About the Anarchy
    The Book of Many Faces
    Everyday I'm Google-in'

first

also, are there any plans to buck the current trend of promising things and then not delivering them (i.e. new engine, npe, reblaance, last month';s your voice, etc etc etc)

Will we ever see a (re)introduction of the old closed off playfields, such as The Reck and the Bay of Rome?

When will we be able to browse external websites using the in-game browser?
    Last edited by Demoder; May 31st, 2013 at 17:47:41.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

So full auto in AMEP?

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=605515
    You may only purchase 16 of this item per account

For account wide items, how is this calculated? And does this mean that maxium character slots will be 16?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Will we ever see the AO website reinvigorated? I know this has been a hot topic for months, and some effort was made through the end of 2011 and first half of 2012, but that stopped around the time of the first TSW layoffs. I'm particularly interested in this now that you're here Morteia, since it seems like it would (or could) fall under your job description.
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

any plans to remove, or make useful, the myriad of useless RK and SL weapons?
    Last edited by crimson; May 31st, 2013 at 17:50:18.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

is your policy of letting players do all the discoveries* going to stay, or will you be more forthcoming in the future?

*) like how aad, aggdef, fa cycles, GMI etc works.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Do you like cake?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

chances of a faster way to "LFT" query like on other mmorg? (more automated/autostartup?)
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    chances of a faster way to "LFT" query like on other mmorg? (more automated/autostartup?)
    Can you specify a bit more ? I don't get at all what you're asking for.

There have been many games coming out that have really shuffled the MMO standards around again and revamped some very tired old mechanics into encouraging teamplay and co-operation and reducing antagonism between players in PVE situations. Do you have any plans for modernizing AO's general gameplay flow and progression in this sense? One of the better examples off the top of my head would be shared kills even between strangers, which would get rid of kill stealing and give an XP/loot incentive for helping a stranger in trouble.

Time Travel exists inside of the Anarchy-Online lore. Will this plot element ever be investigated?
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Are us Neuts getting divided into ICC Vigilantes and Non-Coms now all are shops are getting rebranded?
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Is there a plan to implement tradeskilling from bags and personal furnace-stacking?

Oh, and also: how was a birth unforseen? (But that's not my official question)
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

reblaance when it will be Done ????

Anarchy Online available through steam ? any update on this ?

also seccond new engine please

Disharmony perkline, when will the damage proc be reinstated?

Are there any plans to adjust the RK mission system so that players will have the option to request specific rollable items and be tasked with a tougher than normal mission to get them?

Would be nice to know what questions were picked at least, even if they have not been answered yet, so those questions are not asked again.

As for a question to be answered by the devs, what is their idea of balance between professions, and how are they going to achieve this balance? Also, what roles do they believe professions should have (nothing specific just the broad roles themselves) and if they feel that hybrids should exist, under what circumstances should they function?

Rather curious about the possibility of opening up zones such as The Reck and the like. Even if they were only populated with low level Leets, Reets, and Rollerrats would be nice to have new places to look at.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast