Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 31st, 2013

Man, this is adorable. And here I thought Sil was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Sigh, Raggy where in my post did I mention PATCH NOTES?

Monthly AO development updates are not translated in any official capacity. The only lack of communication here seems to be between reading and comprehension.
    Wow, just wow. I understand players are frustrating (especially specific ones) but man you can't go around snarking it up. Losing face, and you didn't have much to begin with.

You should look at how Dave communicated with us. I mean jeeze, at least try.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Its a videogame.
    If nothing happened on it ever again, we would be fine.
    If it shut down tomorrow, we would be fine. (probably better off)
    Relax, and wait for them to finish the engine, don't get all choked up about something so trivial.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It wasn't that bad People misunderstand or miscommunicate all the time, simply saying that someone is failing to read and comprehend something properly is not really an insult. Now if he said he was an idiot who couldn't read basic English then sure

Raggy not understanding that the CD was referring to the developmental updates only, as it was inferred despite not being mentioned specifically, is pretty much the issue.
    It does not matter who is right and who is wrong. It has to do with the way it is said.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Monthly AO development updates are not translated in any official capacity. The only lack of communication here seems to be between reading and comprehension.
    I've typed and deleted for quite a while. But...

Considering how little you've graced our forums, it's enlightening to see what we can expect when you do. My comprehension of how low of a priority AO is to you/Funcom seems to have just been greatly enhanced.

Thank you for the lesson.

lol u mad bro?

Completely abhorrent behavior for someone in your position. gj u must be a gamer
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

I do apologise for that, but TSW and AoC need to be done first because they go to translation, whereas AO doesn't get translated.

The baby came with the AO one half written on my hard drive and to be fair I was still two days ahead of the "end of May" deadline (though Genele covered all the points I had anyway - plus she has better insight into the status of the NPE than I do.)
    Congratulations on your baby!

What's it's name?

Hey, if Nusquam just lets the AO devs do their jobs, we'll get the NPE, engine, and Steam, probably within a year to 16 months (at least, that's my best guess). He has more to say about AoC and SW because he knows those games better and is more involved in their continued progression. That's a good thing.

Is this the tone we can expect for future exchanges? People who (amazingly at this point) want to pay for this game deserve a modicum of respect and civility from their supposed Dear Leader.

You should apologize to Raggy and the entire dwindling player base for your disrespectful tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605881

Waldgeist or not, patch notes are still changed into German.

This just screams how little our new overlord actually interfaces with the AO devs/community when he doesn't even know simple details like that. Translation STILL happens.
    To be fair, the monthly updates USE to be translated. As to when it stopped, is anyone's guess. However, there are german patch notes as you stated Raggy which do get translated, but in this case Joel was referring to monthly updates only. Granted, it seems only natural that AoC and TSW get updates first because they have more population and a variety of non English speaking folk.

You are still a newb and always will be a newb (also, your child is a newb). You just chomped on some huge troll bait and got reeled in by a troll who then placed you on his troll fire where he served you to other trolls, troll style. Stop feeding them. There are a lot of idiots and grumbly grumblesons on this forum (we have good reasons too, some are blown out of proportion) and Raggy is one of them. Even though I doubt you will read this or the ensuing fire storm of posts that involve your post, I personally dont mind what you said to him because he deserved it. He sounded like a jerk so you responded in the same fashion. However, you probably shouldn't say stuff like that because it could land you in trouble because there are carebears that lurk these forums and when you provided a crude retort they drop their wittle cupcakes and lose their carebear stare powers. Also, its best to just ignore them anyways because its like arguing with an idiot who cant read very well or comprehend the basic facts of life.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Jun 3rd, 2013 at 06:39:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    WOW. I run the marketing department where I work. If I talked to a customer like this, I would be fired.

Speaking of which, I'll gladly take his place.
    Im not all that surprised. I still love AO but as far as funcom goes this company clearly does not know what theyre doing in any department what-so-ever. Customer service is down right laughable to the point of just no words. And ive had plenty of attitude from them. And the officials that post on these forums often get an attitude with the player base. Surprises me they talk like that but i guess thats what you get when you probably have no proper command saying what is and isnt acceptable.

I know how good and bad customer service can be. Even when its bad i still never get straight up attitude/innuendo like i do from FC. They are by far the worst (statement of mine and im sure manys opinnion, not starting flame here just being truthful).

Its not just gaming either. I signed up and paid for another game in the making (star citizen) awhile ago. And not just the respect they gave me but the level of effort they went through to help me when they have almost 200k other people so far signed up and god knows how many sending their 2 or 3 CS reps (who also handle other stuff) emails shows what true guiding can make.

Woow... Just Wooooowww. You stepped in a landmine. The ammount of "I dont care" in your ansewr is too damn high. Great job feeding trolls and getting some hate from whole AO comunity.

On a side note: AO updates were translated but surdenly stopped for "aparentely" no reason.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    On a side note: AO updates were translated but surdenly stopped for "aparentely" no reason.
    The reason AO translations stopped, it seems, was because TSW was a commercial flop. Waldgeist left us in Aug 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib {auto translated} View Post
    As announced a few days ago, Funcom has had to make the decision because of The Secret World of worse-than expected sales figures to make cost savings and restructuring. Unfortunately, This also includes the need to separate from employees. As part of this restructuring also John "forest spirit" Rebhan, the German community manager is concerned. He was nearly five years, the link between the German players of Anarchy Online, Age of Conan and The Secret World and the developers of Funcom and in this time a very good job. His dedication and his work are therefore in no way the reason for the departure, but the above mentioned poor sales.
    Whoever has since been assigned to translate for TSW and AoC hasn't been likewise instructed to translate for AO.

Frankly, things would've been fine if Joel's pride hadn't forced him to try to defend...something.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    3: We will re-visit this after we have delivered the engine beta and the npe. For now it is on hold like systems changes.
    Seriously? the Bejing team of Chinese artists were lead by an AO Graphic Artist for a very very long time... I thought it was all finished way before the TSW fiasco which affected AO took place... what a disappointment.

I do like the potential change in Borealis, hopefully it will go back to neutral, even though I've always been clan... it should not go to the clans.

One thing which has always bothered me, is the fact that in every single "new player area" there is just no way for vets to directly interact with them. The ONLY exception was the Jobe Research area (requires expansion) and ONLY if the person was under level 50. So no way for a 220 to go and meet, greet and maybe talk a new player into joining his/her faction and maybe their org. That would increase the interaction between the new and older players... start a gaming bond as early as possible.

Because we know how well each new player area has worked out in the past...

1. Drop a new player in a backyard with no direction what so ever (AO launch).
    2. Drop a new *paid player in another area with no direction what so ever (Jobe Research).
    3. Drop a froob player in another area where there is aliens and, very little direction what so ever (and for a while people couldn't even figure out how to get out of the crashed ship and quit the game even before they hit the beach).

Just like the merge, no room for mistakes (you could have made an app to backup all our prefs, scripts and settings but were too lazy to develop it).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Please consider the tone in which you address the community, because when you reply to one of us, you reply to ALL of us.

And you can certainly assume that some of the AO customers, are also AoC and TSW customers and/or have friends/family here. And... boulders roll downhill.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    You just chomped on some huge troll bait and got reeled in by a troll who then placed you on his troll fire where he served you to other trolls, troll style. Stop feeding them. There are a lot of idiots and grumbly grumblesons on this forum (we have good reasons too, some are blown out of proportion) and Raggy is one of them. Even though I doubt you will read this or the ensuing fire storm of posts that involve your post, I personally dont mind what you said to him because he deserved it. He sounded like a jerk so you responded in the same fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Great job feeding trolls and getting some hate from whole AO comunity

He made an all-encompassing statement and I pointed it out. That is not trollbait, if it is, 95% of this forum is trolling all the time.

From my point of view, very little to nothing new has happened that hasn't already happened under other game leads and his original statement to me seemed very final, which ofc, was not true, hence the post.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 3rd, 2013 at 08:05:18.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Seriously? the Bejing team of Chinese artists were lead by an AO Graphic Artist for a very very long time... I thought it was all finished way before the TSW fiasco which affected AO took place... what a disappointment.
    I'm pretty sure all they did back then was dress up in teletubby costumes.

Maybe I can put it in perspective for you as to why some players are bitter....

Since the New Engine was announced:
    Ppl have finished high school, gone on to college and earned degrees...
    Ppl that were not old enuff to drive when the engine was announced now are married and have children....
    Children that were BORN on the day engine was announced are now in GRADE SCHOOL.....

I quit paying almost a year and a half ago. Why? I became an unhappy consumer. I'm sure they covered that somewhere in GD school. My entire 45+ person Org left. So, when ppl have ZERO patience for anything, and bitterly pour over every scrap you and Fc decide to toss us, dont be surprised.

If AO was a child and FC the parent....the Courts would have long ago taken AO away and put it in a foster home.

In conclusion, all I can say is, even Duke Nukem Forever came out. You ppl really got to get ur act together.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    In conclusion, all I can say is, even Duke Nukem Forever came out. You ppl really got to get ur act together.
    It not just came out. It came out TWO years ago!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    If AO was a child and FC the parent....the Courts would have long ago taken AO away and put it in a foster home.
    If they give me the source code to their server client and development tools I would be willing to provide it a good home.
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast