Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 31st, 2013

Unhappy

So it seems we are getting monthly updates every other month now and it may be longer between updates because no one has time to do the letter. We have a new forum now for posting questions that so far has run twice with no questions answered. It seems that FC got the server merge done and the character slot expansion done and now they are done with us and have AO on only life support. Almost makes one wish we had Means back. Even though his posts were mostly just talk at least we felt someone cared just a little bit. Now it seems that we are just being ignored. If Joel and his group are so caught up in their other 2 games to bother with us I'm guessing that they are just going to collect on this old cash cow until subscriptions drop so low they can just shut it down. Too bad because this cash cow gave them the funds to make 2 other games, how ironic. This is so sad because I love this game and hate seeing it being neglected to the point where it will just die.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    So it seems we are getting monthly updates every other month now and it may be longer between updates because no one has time to do the letter. We have a new forum now for posting questions that so far has run twice with no questions answered. It seems that FC got the server merge done and the character slot expansion done and now they are done with us and have AO on only life support. Almost makes one wish we had Means back. Even though his posts were mostly just talk at least we felt someone cared just a little bit. Now it seems that we are just being ignored. If Joel and his group are so caught up in their other 2 games to bother with us I'm guessing that they are just going to collect on this old cash cow until subscriptions drop so low they can just shut it down. Too bad because this cash cow gave them the funds to make 2 other games, how ironic. This is so sad because I love this game and hate seeing it being neglected to the point where it will just die.
    ^
    Except joel isnt waiting for the cash cow to drop, he wont even say more than a few words ^_^
    pro creative director fer sure

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    ^
    Except joel isnt waiting for the cash cow to drop, he wont even say more than a few words ^_^
    pro creative director fer sure
    I don't see why he should bother frankly. He's not your scapegoat. Your attempt to get more of a rise from him so you can point the finger is pathetic.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't see why he should bother frankly. He's not your scapegoat. Your attempt to get more of a rise from him so you can point the finger is pathetic.

After all these years, tribulations and trials, EVERYONE that works at Funcom is our escapegoat because the state of AO has always been in their hands.

Im amazed AO have lived this long tbh, but It does, and I am damn happy about It. Even tho this community lacks a certain two-way comunication, Its still here, you just dont put Your perfectly healthy but dead old dog out because hes old do you? nah u keep it until he dies.
    3 dimentions became 2, then 1...When the Devs stop giving lifesigns to the community, the community grows tired and move on.... eventually all is gone.. but thats still far out, People love this game to damn much, and keeps comming back. And maybe, just maybe....THE "new" engine goes live, If we just keep the Wheel going.. No idea where i wanted With these 2 cents...but hey..... Im still here...
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    After all these years, tribulations and trials, EVERYONE that works at Funcom is our escapegoat because the state of AO has always been in their hands.
    So that's a reason to take every opportunity to crap on things? I think everyone that has this mentality needs to expand their perspective a bit. The fact is that there isn't a lot MMO's that are this old STILL being developed and still planning to continue to be developed into the future. Look at the industry. I don't see a lot of success stories. Give that some thought for a second. Take three if you need to ...

While I realize there always will be people like this, the real thorn in the side with this negative approach is that we have a gaming company COMMITTED to the ongoing development of this game. It's old, it's outdated, some parts of it are absolute crap and it's taking a hell of a lot longer to get the new developments out than it ever should have. Yet STILL, FC supports it. You know, if that doesn't have some impact on the people that follow this game, they have to be somewhere on the south side of plain old dumb. I guess it's easier to be ignorant than in touch.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 14th, 2013 at 02:54:29.

In before the guy with the list.

Uninformed nonsense
    Http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...4&postcount=12
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

That just supports my point ... that's a handful of HUNDREDS. That doesn't even include the MMO's that don't even make it to release.

While I realize there always will be people like this, the real thorn in the side with this negative approach is that we have a gaming company COMMITTED to the ongoing development of this game. It's old, it's outdated, some parts of it are absolute crap and it's taking a hell of a lot longer to get the new developments out than it ever should have. Yet STILL, FC supports it. You know, if that doesn't have some impact on the people that follow this game, they have to be somewhere on the south side of plain old dumb. I guess it's easier to be ignorant than in touch.
    FC still supports it cause it still has a positive cash flow.

Don't start imagining it's some grand gesture from funcom.

Someone on these boards needs to win the lotto and by AO and the IP for it and set up shop.

"Positive cashflow" didn't save CoX.

Just sayin'.
    :E

That just supports my point ... that's a handful of HUNDREDS. That doesn't even include the MMO's that don't even make it to release.
    In addition to that...AO is TWICE as old as all of those games except 2. Those 2 games AO is still 2 and 5 years older than respectively. NONE of those games have a playerbase the size of AO.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Point the finger? Lol no, but why make announcemtns about "omg he's the new creative director ect ect" nonstop and gt a hi from him, you gave me a better response than he ever has

Let's stop redirecting the subject. This is about the lack of respectful and professional conduct of the people that represent Funcom. This isn't about about why the state of the AO game is what it is and who's at fault.

Just because a product is old does not excuse the lack of service, professionalism and public relation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    FC still supports it cause it still has a positive cash flow.

Don't start imagining it's some grand gesture from funcom.
    I never implied it's about some sort of gesture. It's a statement about the actual position of AO in the marketplace. Truth hurts.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 14th, 2013 at 21:20:24.

Let's stop redirecting the subject. This is about the lack of respectful and professional conduct of the people that represent Funcom. This isn't about about why the state of the AO game is what it is and who's at fault.

Just because a product is old does not excuse the lack of service, professionalism and public relation.
    Yeah of course ... because the topic of this thread is about how AO lacks those things. Thanks for keeping it on track.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 14th, 2013 at 21:29:54.

Angry

WTF does this mean? In all the years I've been on these forums only 4 times have I ever read something from FC representative that was not above reproach. Those 4 times I felt it was totally warranted responses. I think THIS is the distraction to the thread, so what if Joel had a moment to respond like a normal person on forums. It wasn't over the top full of vulgarities or anything of the sort. It wasn't even a big deal that it's being made into.

I much prefer FC reps to be honest and blunt with me rather than tell me what I want to hear with some corporate robo speech. I mean seriously the nice sugar and ****e responses from FC get nothing but snarky replies anyway so why not go the other way a few times. The replies can't get any worse than the rude posts that make these forums a virtual minefield of hate.

What more are you expecting? Pardon me, do you happen to have any
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I think this topic has been picked over sufficiently. Could we move on, please?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast