Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Mongo Rage

I'm pretty sure most people don't like mongo rage, in at least some way.

So, just to draw it out.

Do you think mongo rage should stay in it's current form? If so, what do you think does or would justify it staying ingame?

Do you think mongo rage should not stay ingame in it's current form? If so, why, and what do you think it should be changed to? Or do you think it should just be removed?

Personally, I think mongo rage shouldn't stay ingame in it's current form, unless certain evade professions are given better ways to handle it, that don't involve on really long cooldowns being up, or change it to allow them to get away/do something about it/take the damage and manage to live if they're sharp. I don't mean give every evader "a one button, really easy way to just poop on anyone who dared mongo rage them, even if they're already getting perked." But a better way to handle it for professions such as metaphysicist, bureaucrat, and martial artist, especially against professions that already have high attack rating.

I think some professions do need better ways to actually handle evaders, and again, I don't mean, "One button, easy fix," I mean something to at least give them more or better options rather than what it currently is, which is, "If you mongo rage and manage to fully perk them because their perks were down/you already have rediculous attack rating, you win. If you perk nothing because they had defensive stance up and were ready, have fun in reclaim."

Maybe these aren't the most creative ways, but I feel there are options for mongo rage to allow professions that need it an option to combat evaders better. For example,

Allow mongo rage to only affect 3 or 4 normal checking perks, or 2 low check perks, and it's used up afterwards.

Give mongo rage a buildup, so that, if an evader has his perks down, he can at least make an effort to get away from the drained atrox shade/soldier/whatever. For example, at the beginning of the effect, mongo rage gives 500, then builds up over 5 to 10s to 1500 attack rating.

Mongo rage is just one, high attack rating/low defense check, high damage perk or damage over time.

Mongo rage gives a 100% proc, for the next 15s, to deal extra damage with every autoattack/special.

Mongo rage gives 2000 add damage, and 500 attack rating for 15s.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jun 8th, 2013 at 22:18:41.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...50#post6138650

You are talking about a heavy modification into how mongo rage works, i just want a simple fix until they can balance the game properly.

As to being ready for mongo rage is a part of the game, it's based on timing, quick reaction and some tools. If you don't have the tools you need to look at your character as to what you can do to improve it to survive it if you time it correctly. The only silly part is the rinse and repeat every 2 minutes in my opinion. and maybe a bit OP numbers on it, especially on AIperks which count AAO twice.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Jun 8th, 2013 at 22:26:53.

MR is fine how it is. just make it melee adv only, hehe
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I believe giving it an on-use penalty in which you not only receive a hefty AAO buff but also receive a strong AAD debuff at the same time was the most agreed upon change thus far (asside from potentially removing it altogether). With a risk in use, you are just as likely to die from using it, if not more so, than you are of actually killing your target.

Never liked MR, it dumbs down PVP too much and allows for defensive builds to function offensively, which is not balanced.

Yeah, one can only hope that FC finally got the guts to do something about it sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Jun 9th, 2013 at 08:19:23.

Without MR, nanomage crats will be immortal
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

it should stay as it is but with a higher debuff at the end like gatester said. 1k aad debuff and higher rs debuff and higher dot. evade profs are the strongest classes at the moment(advy,fixer,shade,crat). if you remove mr, they will get even more powerful

MR has to stay, as it is the only way to get past some profession's evades. That said, i do think it needs a downside DURING the MR and not after.

My suggestion:
    +1500 AR
    -1500 Def (AAD? evades?)
    -1500 NanoResist

If you're going to fly into an all-out rage, you clearly aren't going to be defending yourself physically (dmg) or mentally (nanoprogs). This also allows MR to be more easily defensible without removing it's benefit or making it's defense another LOL-1-button-wonder.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Bump for debuff. Also, 2.5min recharge is ridiculous, maybe 5 mins is more balanced. The most abuse MR gets perhaps is from fixers, and i think the aad debuff idea is a really good balance especially in the fixer situation. Currently, there is no reason to play any other fixer breed - if MR alpha fails, they can just meep and wait for it to be back up.

I imagine most MR users hit it, and then hit all their perks. As far as i know, perks check when you press them so they're lined up - rather than checking when they are individually firing (the green activation bar). Imo this is what needs to change. Having ALL perks check within 1 second after MR popping is insane. For instance crat defensive perks take atleast 2 seconds to fire, add .5 seconds in for reaction time. By that time, all his/her perks have already checked.
    Last edited by Dreamer; Jun 21st, 2013 at 12:44:45.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

MR should have been ****ed off when it appeared, in AI. It has been utterly stupid ever since and if you honestly think it should remain in the game then clearly you are playing atrox.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Currently, there is no reason to play any other fixer breed
    now now, i got shouted at by an atrox something for being a one button win nm fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    now now, i got shouted at by an atrox something for being a one button win nm fixer

Haha an low hp evade prof NM would be the only real counter to MR.

Im still putting forward the suggestion that perks check when they fire rather than when you press them, gives a lot more time to defend against things like MR.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

the debuff needs improvement. I'd say MR should be:

+2k AR +400 NR (why be a pu$$y about the buff?)

and for a debuff:

-2500 snare
    -90% root/snare resist
    -100% blind resist
    -50% crit resist
    -50% NR
    -400 aad
    -1000 conceal
    -no dot
    -lock CL 120 seconds

all for 15 seconds. (except CL lock)

it should be obvious what a huge vulnerability this creates, but in case it's not, let me know, I'll explain.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jul 3rd, 2013 at 02:09:03.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

i think its funny what a fuzz mr creates. sure its an ugly fix. still, with the game as it is at the moment, its a vital part of the game. the debuff may be better off with some alterations/rework BUT point is, there are a whole lot larger inbalances in game. as pistol, 3 button nts and 1he/1hb...in that order imo. but no one with a fair amount of game knowledge and a right unbiased mind could argue that mr even compares. nontheless, mr whine threads pop up every week and get bumped into 7th heaven. why?

ps. yes, i have one mr perked toon. one out of 8 tl7, including 4 atrox.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 7th, 2013 at 06:53:13.

do you even have a nt? i think nt is pretty balanced at the moment. especially with almost every prof has high hp. only thing that should get removed is nbs

This post has minimal thought input.

MR is stupid. But only as stupid as Dance of Fools.

If you don't like MR, replace it with something that exactly counters Dance of Fools.

That would still require timing, and some knowledge of the game. And those two issues would counter each other out.

Any problems that arise as a result of this are strictly the result of other imbalances that exist in the game.

Dance of fools should function as a % damage blocker vs all damage types (save for nano). A solid hit, should do half the damage (example) because it was partially evaded. The next hit might be full damage while the player regains their balance to dodge the next attack (Be it a perk or regular or special).

Mongo Rage should function the same way, as a % damage boost, rather then a complete and overwhelming guarantee alpha. An enraged atrox CAN miss his attack because he is enraged. Just give it a 59 or 65% chance to land any and all attacks, WITH bonus damage (Replacing the targets defense checks vs YOU only for the duration). It would be guaranteed damage, but not a guaranteed alpha.

Don't give it a debuff, unless you are gonna give Gumby a debuff for snapping his spine in three places while evading 1,000 bullets.

Either way, this game needs ALOT of work, and needs to be returned to a more gear dependent game play. The chance factor's introduced by Perks and Procs are the issue. Followed by the attempts to balance those issues.

Specials recharge too fast. And do too much damage. Too few checks/counters.

Perks are retarded. Cocoon, DoF, MR are all great examples.

All the little changes made to the game have been made for the wrong reasons. And usually come with so many secondary effects that it makes things worse then the issue being fixed.

I still love AO though. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

no offense bro, but i don't see how, when you can queue a faceroll alpha, 1500-3000 extra attack rating is anything similar to a 800 point evade buff that does diddly squat if fired after said faceroll alpha is queued.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassler View Post
    do you even have a nt? i think nt is pretty balanced at the moment. especially with almost every prof has high hp. only thing that should get removed is nbs
    i do. its the combination with ns that overdoes it for me. and balanced doesn't mean can alpha some, can't alpha all.

@lazy, its not just dof, but there are evade buffs ig that easily counter mr. most profs that you'd use mr for got them. why else would you propagate popping mr out of los for crats for instance? the ones that dont you can mostly perk without mr, except for advy (lol, no reason to cry whatsoever) and maybe mas (those became exceptionally rare for some reason). just tell me which prof does screwed over with mr so badly it justifies the qqing.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 7th, 2013 at 16:11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i do. its the combination with ns that overdoes it for me. and balanced doesn't mean can alpha some, can't alpha all.
    then enlighten me please to which 3 buttons you are refering? atleast when i play my nt with ns2 i got alot more buttons to press. its true that you have a nice defense with ns2 but you sacrifice alot of dmg output for it. thats why i think it is balanced. either you have high dmg output and middle defense or you have middle dmg output and high defense. you have to make a choice and cant get both at the same time like a few other profs

i'm sure you can find a reasonable number of threads discussing nts. my terminology was ostentatious, forgive me. but you wanted to show me how mr is screwing game mechanics worse than triples/nbs.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 7th, 2013 at 16:51:04.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast