Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom , why do you penalize and nerf PVMers over PVPers issues... (NSD NERF)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    Why wouldn't that be possible?
    It is possible, but it's not plausible.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

It won't be made any more plausible if the focus is shifted up to TL7. Yet again. There is already plenty of that around. If anything we should be going in the opposite direction to balance things out.
    :E

I know this may not be popular, but in the last 5 times we've done Inf key bosses we've not needed an MP AT ALL. The nukes aren't as bad as people are making out and are EASILY outhealed... Infact, i'd be hard pushed to think of ANY boss at endgame where NSD is actually 'needed' in any form whatsoever....

Just thought i'd throw that out there...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I know this may not be popular, but in the last 5 times we've done Inf key bosses we've not needed an MP AT ALL. The nukes aren't as bad as people are making out and are EASILY outhealed... Infact, i'd be hard pushed to think of ANY boss at endgame where NSD is actually 'needed' in any form whatsoever....

Now do it without a doctor or crat or soldier.

I can do it with just an mp and an enfo. I think the point is that an MP can be even more effective at preventing damage than others can be at reacting to damage.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Infact, i'd be hard pushed to think of ANY boss at endgame where NSD is actually 'needed' in any form whatsoever....
    "Endgame", you say. And yet I already talked about how this is exactly the problem: the focus is always on TL7 and "endgame".

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    This is a very bad change in my opinion, at least for PvM ... I do not see how a Professional advisor could agree with this change unless it is done at the same time as Quest Bosses are Nerfed to an equal degree.
    If you read the thread on MP forums, you would also know I dont agree with NSD changes right now

Lord Galahad and Lord Mordeth. But nobody does Inf sanct keys anymore :x (they spam 5~10k AoE nukes )
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    If you read the thread on MP forums, you would also know I dont agree with NSD changes right now

Lord Galahad and Lord Mordeth. But nobody does Inf sanct keys anymore :x (they spam 5~10k AoE nukes )
    Note that you're wrong, we've done many raids for Sanct keys in Org and still didn't need NSD :/

From my perspective of my MP being my first 220, i'd truly like to have a reason to play her rather than her just taking up an account slot for posterity. I'm just not convinced NSD is that important to be worrying over except in a pvp sense /shrug
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

the OP does not make any sense. PVM is stupidly easy in this game for paid players even a significant nerf wont change that much. Also... any mob worth NSDing has NSD resist already. The argument is weak

ps: i dont hate MPs neither hate NSD. just wanted to point out a fallacy because that is what a nice guy i am
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Note that you're wrong, we've done many raids for Sanct keys in Org and still didn't need NSD :/
    Well, last time I did it, the designed puller died 3 times in a row due the nukes. In the end I had to go there, pop NSD and use a dot ring :P Unless they changed it like they did with Anansi Storyteller.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

PVE change, part of PVE rebalance.

Just to be clear I am going to post this in bold so I hope people pay attention.

PVP changes will be taking place LAST, any changes you see now are primarily focused on PVE. Stop blaming PVPers the minute something changes because it is rarely the case that toolset changes occur for the benefit of PVP.

I mean, seriously, are there even any threads asking for massive nerfs or changes to NSD for PVP? It's like people just want to blame others because of their own prejudices rather than thinking things through. If FC was going to make changes that PVPers have been begging and crying for in the past several years it would be nerfs to LE nukes, rage, mongo rage, AS pistol, blockers, doctor healing, DoF, snares, roots, stuns, etc etc etc etc etc...not NSD...
    Last edited by Gatester; Jun 27th, 2013 at 00:02:46.

NSD have not in years been a "powerful" debuff in PvP. My MP is fully nanoskill based and i land it on ocations on a doc or 3, and agent's. And it never kills em. my pets is usually rooted or calmed somewhere, or just plain stuck so i "try" kill em with my Shield of Zset

I stopped playing my MP, even if i played her since 2002. MP has been gimped to oblivion since FC decided to use nerfstick on our SL pets. and from there, even with shield, bow and SS effords FC still failed to ungimp us.

All of the sudden they do the oposite that we would like them to do with our NSD. make it more useful in pvp and pvm. A trader's drains lands like....all the time. NSD (regular one) lands 3 out of 10 times on a caster prof. (not counting NT's here)

as for PvM.....well. Give us a green weaponskill with the obvious 120+ buff that all other profs have. I dont care if that is 1hb, 2hb, pistol or bow. This is the main problem with MP. U are free to nerf NSD to oblivion then, FC. We have no selected weaponline at all that will get our AR high. All weapons we choose is now semi-medicore in AR. Our pets is still a joke. bad pathing, etc. yes we can survive, but we use ages compaired to others to kill a 250 dyna. (that is compaired to docs as well)

PS, I take it FC will give us 2hb users (now that u plan on changing our primary weapon to 1hb from 2hb) a free IPR, and posibility to IPR without remolving Alpha's? since u kinda changed our "main" weaponline countless of times since i started playing.

/Sovieta
    Last edited by Vickie; Jun 27th, 2013 at 09:20:53.

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    We are now getting that taken away, and a trader will be more effective.
    No. Duration will be 15 seconds at a cost of 1/3 of your nanopool for a Trader.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    No. Duration will be 15 seconds at a cost of 1/3 of your nanopool for a Trader.
    In the rebalance. So in another 10 years. NSD is getting changed in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    There is a PvP version of NSD. They're both getting durations nerfed. This is apparently vital to the balance of the game. Got to stop us horribly overpowered MPs from dominating everyone.
    wut da ****!! )) Thats funny...i love the last sentance!! 'Got to stop us horribly overpowered MPs from dominating everyone.'

If you STILL need NSD to do endgame stuff in SL at this point in AO .... well, this nerf is the least of your worries.

This is simply a consequence of game changes over many patches instead of one big one for every class all at once. Frankly NSD is a ridiculous tool anyways. Complaining about its nerf is rather shortsighted.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 7th, 2013 at 22:14:59.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If you STILL need NSD to do endgame stuff in SL at this point in AO .... well, this nerf is the least of your worries.

This is simply a consequence of game changes over many patches instead of one big one for every class all at once. Frankly NSD is a ridiculous tool anyways. Complaining about its nerf is rather shortsighted.
    For the second time (I can't remember the first), I don't think that Obtena is wrong.

One more post edit, however, and you probably will be.

Guys. Not everything has to be about TL7 and "endgame".

NSD is ridiculous, no matter what the TL. For some profs, it's akin to taking away their weapon or buffs.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 8th, 2013 at 21:42:09.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    Why wouldn't that be possible?
    Because all of the people in that range are either alts of tl7's that wouldn't bother, wearing medsuits/xp pistols and missing most of their nano toolset, or simply not interested in doing it because they're too busy trying to farm money in RK missions for implants and upgrades (with inferno key being the least of their problems).

I know that's not where you were going with it but feeling a little jaded atm

NSD is ridiculous, no matter what the TL. For some profs, it's akin to taking away their weapon or buffs.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this unless you're referring to PvP. I think the concern is that NSD is being removed and affecting PvM.

Anyway...

About the inferno key.. if someone is 220 and doesn't already have the inferno key, I'm not sure why they're even bothering with it (unless for the treatment buff?). The most useful time to have an inferno key is 160-200 when you can't use the Xan hub to get to the mission area via the pande portal. I therefore agree with whoever stated that the NSD change is an un-needed nerf. If they are going to make this change then it should happen at the same time that mob invulnerability to NSD is adjusted.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 9th, 2013 at 00:33:31.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

So are trader drains. And doc/crat init debuffs. And engineer blockers. And crat charms. And fixer roots/snares.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast