Thread: Rubi-Ka lore wiki

Rubi-Ka lore wiki

I have a wiki up where I want to collect AO lore.
    http://wiki.rubi-ka.net

Feel free to register and help out to fill it with info!

I'll also make sure it will be searchable in game though a bot.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Neat, I'll make an account and do a few pages

I've got a filing cabinet in my head of lore related articles

EDIT: Maybe not. Seems everytime I try and make an account it gives me a random error.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jun 28th, 2013 at 12:37:12.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I'll look into it as soon as I'm back home!
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Novagen View Post
    I'll look into it as soon as I'm back home!
    It keeps telling me there is accounts with those names already, so the case might be that it is registering the accounts in the DB but not sending out confirmation emails. I might have made 4 accounts under the same type of account name
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I might give it a go too
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

You got three accounts Raggy
    Mail seems to be the most likely cause of the problem. Should be able to take a look at it in a few hours.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Is this just about the lore or can we make pages about cities, people, etc...? I know that there is already a wiki at wikia.
    Last edited by fixedsys212m; Jul 11th, 2013 at 08:38:29.
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

Info on cities, people and events are welcome, the difference from wikia is that this should hold IC data.
    The history about the xan, not how you raid them.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Well, I will be bold and copy-paste anything relevant from Wikia, then add what I can find from the game guide, forums, and especially the game itself.

Some issues with the wiki:

1. '''bold''' formatting doesn't work. i haven't check the other markup formatting.
    2. ===subsection=== has lines under it, which I don't like but that's my opinion. I think only the section ==section== should have a line under it.
    3. reference tagging doesn't work <ref></ref>, I'd like to show where I got the information. Wikia doesn't provide any information, either, but I think if we actually care about the lore being accurate it would be good to reference it.
    Last edited by fixedsys212m; Jul 11th, 2013 at 16:28:52.

And I still can't bloody login!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Well, I added entries on 'Borealis' and 'The Dish and the Beacon' story arc. I doubt they're accurate, especially the story arc. I haven't worked on a wiki before so I don't know how the multiple editors process works. If I'm doing anything wrong with the content please let me know. If anyone would like my email please message me in-game with a tell or mailbox. I'll try to add as much to the wiki as I can. It is a lot of fun to work on! I hope that you can figure out the problem soon, Raggy. =D

I hope anything you copy from the other wikia you give people credit for. I'm told that Junglegeorge does quite a bit of steady work on that site.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thank you for that reminder. I will try to make sure I include credit where it is due.
    Which also emphasizes the importance of getting those <ref></ref> tags working somehow.

Well, in the effort to include references I found that the wiki uses WikiCreole, and that the implementation of references is lacking. Instead of using <ref></ref> tags they use ## stuff ## instead. When I use the ## it puts the reference in the middle of the wiki instead of the end. From what I've researched on their website they've not decided on something yet.

There is also problems with the implementation of making things bold, italic, etc... Creating proper meta for images is also bad, and I also can't seem to find a way to open up an image like you would see in Wikipedia, where it says: File: ImageName.jpg, blah blah blah. I uploaded a cropped screenshot of Clon**** aiming to include appropriate meta information to it but could not find anything other than the fact it was a file you can link to. Additional options to format the image on the Clon**** page was also unsupported, like image width, thumb-sizing, etc....

I am wondering, since the wiki just started, if you would be willing to change the wiki to maybe the raw mediawiki.org version or something that isn't half or mostly finished. Cheers.

The server don't have php installed (and I don't want to change IIS as it's running a few work applications), but I've changed the wiki to use MediaWiki markup instead of creole.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Oh and Raggy, I removed your failed account completely sp you should be able to create a new one.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

I always applaud such efforts but in this case wouldn't it be better to add this stuff to the existing AO Wiki?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I've added some stuff to the existing wikia version. I think this wiki is solely for lore and monitoring the finer developments in the lore.

Yes, I wanted this wiki to be lore only.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative