Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine!?

Question Engine!?

Is this update really the Engine coming out? like finished? Is this real life?

Do you think the game will get better? Get more players again?

It is.

It's not that much of a HUGE improvement (no new 3d models, etc), but it looks nicer.

The biggest reason for this engine actually getting new people in/getting old people back is the OMG NEW ENGINE hype. 2nd biggest is the fact AO will now run on the majority of PC's sold (switchable graphics laptop) without issues. I know of quite a few people who quit / took extended leaves because of this incompatibility so.. maybe they'll finally come back.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'finished' Functional, yes, but there's still much improvement to be made in terms of glitches, stability and so on.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

All these years and still no 3d models? Damn..

I hope to see more players atleast.

@Tankers: I know, man. It's pretty annoying not to have the new models.. but baby steps are better than no steps at all at this point. Michi's been doing great things for the game.
    I don't know when you last played but the game has been having quite a lot of people compared to what it used to a while back.. mostly due to the quality of life changes introduced.

Read up on 18.6 / 18.7 patch notes if you haven't yet. There's quite some gems in there.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Yeah, I paid again like a week ago. Ai armor back to its original price, loved that one.. As for the Nano changes I have to learn my toon all over again

Overall, loved the last two patches!

Sigh. New heads... "Too Asian" tedium aside, if we ever got a final official word on those, I missed it. I wanted to see them in game witgh the new engine but I suppose they have vanished into the ether.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I had forgotten about those... Where are they!? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Sigh. New heads... "Too Asian" tedium aside, if we ever got a final official word on those, I missed it. I wanted to see them in game witgh the new engine but I suppose they have vanished into the ether.
    I'd wager either the contract with the asian-based studio fell through during the whole restructuring thing or something weirder happened. I may be mistaken but I'm not really high on hope for those to ever make it in-game.
    I *REALLY* hope I'm wrong though.. and that new models for both body and faces are somehow incoming, along with proper high res textures for them.

Would be cool to have official words on this but it may not be possible to disclose.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

there are non-asian new head models rendered and images can be easly find on google. They look awesome - I wonder what happened to them?

If you look closely on new engine, you will see that LE Armor/AI Armor looks 10x better compared to PRE-SL stuff. Textures overall are in higher QL for those, and old RK armor looks just poor, hehe.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Oh yes, the new engine allows the more recent (i.e. post-SL) textures to really show off the graphical detail the artists put in. Some of the older textures got a do-over as well.

A good one to watch is the Nail armour. As far as I know that one has not had a new texture done for it so what you see is what was there from release. It looked much better on the new engine on Beta than on the same character on live, so I was using that as a benchmark to test the overal improvement to the game's looks.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Anything for AO is welcome... I dont understand one thing, why they dont announce it properly ? a hint on twitter is pathetic.... like new players should check AO twiter page 8 years evryday for a post and then they should guess its the new engine guys...
    Do a god damn adwords campaing, spam it, omgz we got engine best scfi game and so on, couse if they dont market it, its gonna be the same 30 players who come check the game 1 month then leave...
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

AO will actually work on both of my laptops now because of this engine upgrade. Which stopped me playing originally!. I can't wait to play again :-)

So all this time "SOON™" Was actually 25/06/15

I said in a previous post somewhere, summer 2015... I better be careful what I say in future. oO
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hm. So does that mean an FC 'Soon' is roughly equivalent to 7 standard years, given the original announcement was some time during 2007? I suspect it's got a bit of a heisenberg nature and attempting to pin it down too much further will either fail, or cause the universe to become unstable.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

So.. anyone tried new engine with Intel integrated gfx yet?

I get flashing of textures and my chat windows non-stop, and importing prefs only changes my F10 settings...so I'll let you guys debug it and I'll just keep using the old engine. Thanks!
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

the reason they didn't advertise the new engine is because it's mostly a sneak peak of what's to come, etc. i'm sure that once it's 100% up and working they will spare no expenses into making the word go out and grabbing more players, old and new
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Is this new engine worth checking out for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I'd advise trying it out and taking it in with a grain of salt. Keep in mind new models/textures would make this engine be a lot more impressive than it currently is.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>