Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6 more years! 6 more years! The Anniversary Parody continues

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yet TSW has nudity? I'm not understanding this train of logic.
    So? It doesn't really have prurient nudity (we did nix a Dragon character for now), and we don't have parental objections to nudity per se.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    So? It doesn't really have prurient nudity (we did nix a Dragon character for now), and we don't have parental objections to nudity per se.
    But you do have parental objections to strong language from a community? Even though TSW has extreme language in many locations.

I can't see why you (or in this case, your partner) would say No to AO but Yes to TSW.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Might have to do with the rating of the games age reference.
    TSW as i looked it up has a Pegi 16, whilst Anarchy Online has an ESBR rating which varies from between 10 to 17. That would mean a lower category of players could potentially be attatched to this game, which could indicate that violent language would be less desirable here
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Dont listen to Wakizaka, I bet his kid would understand Perl sooner than English
    Python rather. I would like my child to retain their sanity

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

great thread
    i bet one piece of hair from my gen****S that there is no new engine
    but this lie is getting your money and that is what FC realy wants

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yet TSW has nudity? I'm not understanding this train of logic.
    what's wrong with nudity? it's not like there's people banging in the starter zone. there's absolutely nothing wrong with tasteful nudity. having not played tsw i don't know for sure where/what the nudity is but if it's just a mob with a tit hanging out i don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    what's wrong with nudity? it's not like there's people banging in the starter zone. there's absolutely nothing wrong with tasteful nudity. having not played tsw i don't know for sure where/what the nudity is but if it's just a mob with a tit hanging out i don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.
    Americans The place in the world where blowing a dude's head off is legit, while showing a tit is armageddon
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Entire classes of mobs are naked, with breasts exposed. But... they're monsters, who cares? Honestly, if my son has even noticed he hasn't said anything. My daughter hasn't said anything and she's the most conservative about that sort of thing. I nursed all of my children, my kids know what a breast looks like. (That's probably way TMI for most of you, but oh well.)
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Well, I thought it was funny. I still love you Anarrina. Marry me and we can sail away on the Virgin Seas, cause we have to be free, free to face the life thats ahead of us. On board I will be a Captain, so climb aboard, we will search for tomorrow on every shore and we'll try to carry on. We can also look to the sea where the reflections in the waves spark our memories, some happy some sad. We will think of childhood friends and the dreams we had. We will live happily ever after, or so the story will go.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Well, I thought it was funny. I still love you Anarrina. Marry me and we can sail away on the Virgin Seas, cause we have to be free, free to face the life thats ahead of us. On board I will be a Captain, so climb aboard, we will search for tomorrow on every shore and we'll try to carry on. We can also look to the sea where the reflections in the waves spark our memories, some happy some sad. We will think of childhood friends and the dreams we had. We will live happily ever after, or so the story will go.
    And you wonder why people wouldn't want their children playing this game...

Honestly, its partly the community (its a bit grown up for a seven year old) and partly the twinking aspect. That really does make it a bit out of reach of most kids to actually play well. Its too much stuff to keep track of and a lot of math for a second grader or a fifth grader.

I play TSW fairly regularly with my older two kids, though. When the younger two started with the horses game, my oldest daughter rolled her eyes, made a face, and said she'll stick with shooting zombies because sparkles and ponies are ew.
    heh.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

It's hillariously sad this whole engine story.

The ship has sunk long ago yet the band is still playing.
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

If i'm still playing now. 10 years after i created my account then i certainly haven't stuck around
    For the eye popping graphics. Its the community and diversity of the skill system and the
    Hardcore maths i guess.. The engine if it ever does arrive will be a nice little bonus. Clearly must have been a mammoth task for it still not to be done now
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

I honestly don't underestimate my kiddos. They're too busy surprising me with things they do,
    a few years and they will surprise you by circumventing parental control on the browser >:-)
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    a few years and they will surprise you by circumventing parental control on the browser >:-)
    You're making a few sets of assumptions there
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

So, can we have a new, new engine? The one that was being worked on 6 years ago was 6 years old when it was decided the original one was outdated.

So, lets scrap the 2nd engine and get started on the third one!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    So, can we have a new, new engine? The one that was being worked on 6 years ago was 6 years old when it was decided the original one was outdated.

So, lets scrap the 2nd engine and get started on the third one!
    Cant agree more! Time to ditch the dreamworld engine for lets say Unity!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I think Cryengine is a good idea.

You guys should do it.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I think Cryengine is a good idea.

You guys should do it.
    Is it wrong that i need a change of pants. Just imagined AO In cryengine
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

"We are now in the process of upgrading AO to Cryengine" should make a pretty good excuse for the next three years, at least.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast