Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6 more years! 6 more years! The Anniversary Parody continues

Only 3? Come on, it's taken them how long with an engine that is a direct successor of the AO engine. I bet they could claim at least 7 more years if they announced CryEngine.

/never forget
    Nerf 219 Shadow lurking Agent
    Markerz 220 Scented Engineer
    Cruellia 164 Villain Bureaucrat
    Bender 76 Shiny metal Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Different choices of games available.

I started in my 30s anyway.

I honestly don't underestimate my kiddos. They're too busy surprising me with things they do, and I've even had my oldest play this one once or twice, but it didn't capture her imagination much. My son has asked to play it a few times but his father said no. He said yes to TSW because of the puzzles involved. *shrugs*
    a lil off-topic here.

Best thread ever.
    Based God.

And it keeps going, ad infinitum..
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Last vaporversary ever!? Maybe...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

From Louderer's sig:
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ???
    I was looking at my skills on keeper last night, saw my parry still sitting at min from the IPR I did on it way back in the day, and actually wondered last night whatever happened to the parry/riposte fix that was promised.....

I think FunCom itself might be vaporware at this point, and some legacy server is sending random update/"please_keep_playing_and_supporting_my_electric_bi ll" notices to the start page of the game.

Wasn't that one initially "announced" even waaay before 2009?
    Like 2002 or so?
    In the "Yeah it's broken, but we'll Soon™ fix it" way.
    (Before Soon™ was invented. :P)
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Silentslashy View Post
    Is it wrong that i need a change of pants. Just imagined AO In cryengine
    Check entropia whatever and get relatively dissapointed...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Wasn't that one initially "announced" even waaay before 2009?
    Like 2002 or so?
    In the "Yeah it's broken, but we'll Soon™ fix it" way.
    (Before Soon™ was invented. :P)
    I'm not sure it ever worked in any sense, really.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    I'm not sure it ever worked in any sense, really.
    It didn't, but they also didn't acknowledge it right away either.

Thumbs down

Source Engine

Hehe I can't wait for the moment when FC says "HERE IT IS!"... we download that 16GB exe, run it...

Rick Astley comes up in all its glory, maybe with some CC phatz poorly 'shopped over the top of his 80s suit... "Never going to give you up, Never going to let you down, Never going to turn around and hurt you"...

Wow those lyrics never made so much sense to me in my life until this moment posting this.

FC: 24 Players: 1
    FC: Trolllololololol

Grats on a great funny epic thread, although I'm convinced it's coming RSN (real soon now!!!)
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    That was glorious and depressing at the same time.
    So true
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Keep in mind that it does not seem like this new engine have been updated to modern standards since its announcement. Unless I missed some newer announcement, it is meant to come with DirectX 9. You know, the same DirectX 9 that was released in 2002 and was superseded by 10 in 2006. To boot, the textures will only be updated in the starter zones. So in FCs mind, some new players might plop down a subscription fee before leaving the starter zone which would make it worth it. Existing players can go screw themselves. After all they have shown tolerance for crappy graphics and broken promises for years.

The AoC engine is what we're getting, and it has DX10 capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    The AoC engine is what we're getting, and it has DX10 capabilities.
    According to this http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT it's DX9.

Quote Originally Posted by railshot View Post
    I didn't say we're getting DX10, just that it has DX10 capabilities and the DX9 to DX10 jump should be much easier than the DX7 to DX9 jump. You know, if they ever actually finish that jump in the first place.

Just re-reading the first post just blows my mind at how mismanaged FC is and how they treated AO. Sure, its a treat that we get an engine upgrade so people can play on modern machines, but it isn't a treat with how long its taken, all the issues they keep ignoring, the ridiculously small staff over the years, subscription fees and no content in 5 years.

Also, I highly doubt jumping from DX9 to 10, or even 11 will be easy for AO because AO's code is spaghetti.

Man, people really need to learn how to read. I didn't say it would be easy. I said it would be easier than the DX7 to DX9 transition. DX9 and DX10 are much more similar than DX7 and DX9.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast