Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update, 1st July 2013

Sign me in!!!!

My pc is up and running, have lots of spaces, unlimited bandwith and unlimited patiences if I have something I can chew on it.

Cool

Exaiting staff Let me test it right away omg cant wait anymore

I'm all in for the beta babyyy!

Love the fact that I can burn off some creds for some gametime!

/sarcasm on
    this "beta" is gona keep us ppl hooked for another year or so in hope we get in). really good catch, i congratulate Fun/Com. I do wonder what they gona come up with next year, to keep milking our money sub.
    /sarcasm off

well i got nothing else to say, since nothing was really posted in this monthly development, that we did not know yet, so cya next month
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    We're also still looking at the overhauling the store exploring different options - including a game time for credits option on the ingame market. While this is not 100% nailed down, we're all positive to the benefits that such a system could bring to the game.
    The best.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

If you're taking this into consideration while sending invites to closed beta, I have several computers it can be tested on with different components, as well as plenty of bandwidth to download AO on each of them within 1 night.

#1:
    i5 2500k
    8GB DDR3
    120GB SSD
    120GB SSD
    2TB HDD
    HD7950

#2:
    i5 760
    6GB DDR3
    120GB SSD
    2TB HDD
    HD6870

#3:
    idk, some crappy laptop that's like 6 years old.

Don't worry, I'll break your engine. I've been able to break portions of it in AoC.
    Last edited by Esssch; Jul 1st, 2013 at 22:41:12.

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter. Her name is Zoe - and she will be a clanner.
    This explains a lot - for me at least.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Surprised there hasn't been many negative comments yet.

Thank you for bringing back regularity with news updates and so forth. I hope you guys find someone to bring back 'Your Voice' at least quarterly. Doing a monthly 'Your Voice' pertaining to backend improvements on a monthly basis for a development team of your size (which is also juggling other MMO's) I think is a bit too much and doesn't surprise me that you canceled it. I just thought it was really nice that you were able to post a reply to some of the recent 'Your Voice's.

15gb! I have the space and the bandwidth!

Please don't work on any model improvents unless you really have to. I'd love to be able to play the new engine in its finalized form sooner than later, but I understand if you have to simplify the too-many-bones problem in the mechs.
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

15GB a pleasing size. Means there's at least something new coming a long. Or it could be that the AoC format is obscurely uncompressed
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

best update in years, can't wait to see the new engine.
    so what profession is Zoe starting out with? good to hear she's a clanner
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

boring events, engine comming soon, other stuff that you think about putting into game but never will
    same lies every time

Currently the file size for the new engine is around 15gb, as opposed to the lightweight 3gb we have now, so for those of you planning to upgrade, save some space
    What did you do to make the client size balloon that much oO

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter. Her name is Zoe - and she will be a clanner.
    Confirmed: Devs favor clans.

Nice update though, better than expected. Looking forward to the beta.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

there is an error in spelling: should be month (not months!) :P
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Smile Closed Beta

I have 2TB of hard drive just waiting to have 15GB used up. Pick ME!!! mid range GX card and a 8core FX AMD cpu. Give it to me and i'll try my hardest to break it!!

Nice birthday bash on sunday BTW - really cool. Though the current client fell over a few times until I started walking everywhere.

Rdy for the war

Well... TSW is what 30gb? So 15gb is not even so much. Just hope you make the way to play while downlading like newest games.
    Well so the engine is lice AoC(TITS for everyone!!! :P)so AO finally will looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by djcenox View Post
    Well... TSW is what 30gb?
    15gb fresh download for me

It would be nice to get in on this closed beta. Since it's still a few months down the road, it gives me some time to finish saving up for the last of my PC upgrades.

Left to get:
    AMD FX-8320
    8 GB PC 1600 DDR3
    ASUS M5A97 Mobo

Already have:

120 GB SSD
    1 TB HD
    Radeon 7850

I'm not currently playing any Funcom games but I have accounts for AO, AoC and TSW. My PC config before vid card and SSD didn't like TSW on full settings that much. There were periods where it would chug. But part of that might have been my dying HD.

AMD 9750
    4GB DDR2 PC 800
    Radeon 5700 series
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Lets all post our specs...
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Lets all post our specs...
    Yep, I have that saaaaaaame sentiment lol
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Funcom knows what setup we use to play AO. Client has collected DXDiag info for long time lol

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast