Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update, 1st July 2013

15GB Wooooot!!! O.o Now I selfishelly wish for it launch only after october. Right now I have 7GB/week internet :x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Posting my specs so I also can join the closed beta

My computer can show 11 colors at once, that's 2 more than AO uses.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

This has not much to with this great update, but you know what would be great? Contests between all the past heads of AO, gd, cd, or whatever. Feats of strength, logic puzzles, competitive board and card game, drinking contests, what have you.maybe even PVP duels.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Joel: don't you think it's better for her to have the choice when she comes of age?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Posting my specs so I also can join the closed beta

My computer can show 11 colors at once, that's 2 more than AO uses.
    If this were reddit I'd give you gold sir.
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Serchin View Post
    How about a Mac client. I've been running AO for a few months now on my Mac using Crossover and tbh AO has never run smoother.

Please please please mac a client for Mac.
    The engine isn't OpenGL, so there would not be a native OSX/*nix client.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Funny to see how many times FC can say "soon" and ppl would still going crazy about it and believe them

Glad to hear new engine is moving forward. Certainly a lot of eager and experienced testers available And a hearty welcome to a new Clan daughter!

aside from software/hardware damage disclaimer, i think FC will want as much people reporting bugs as possible

p.s. posting a backwards smileyface makes me su****ious
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    The engine isn't OpenGL, so there would not be a native OSX/*nix client.
    You still play? I saw your set up, looks very interesting.
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

On a sidenote, I think Zoe will be a MP for some time. Having two "meatballs" flying around her all day, obeying all her commands.

I thought about a 'Crat first, but let's face it: A crat has only one permanent servant, the other one has to be around and get charmed. But this child will surely only have to scream and her two pets are summoned.
    Last edited by Regarok; Jul 4th, 2013 at 01:11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    On a sidenote, I think Zoe will be a MP for some time. Having two "meatballs" flying around her all day, obeying all her commands.
    Is that a fat joke? He's not that big, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    You still play? I saw your set up, looks very interesting.
    Yes, I still play. My Keepers setup was interesting, I'm back to 2he, although I still need to do some cleanup IPRs.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post

I thought about a 'Crat first, but let's face it: A crat has only one permanent servant, the other one has to be around and get charmed. But this child will surely only have to scream and her two pets are summoned.
    Good heavens I hope she rolls something other than an MP for her first toon, we want to endear her to the game not make her ragequit at the first hurdle!
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    Good heavens I hope she rolls something other than an MP for her first toon, we want to endear her to the game not make her ragequit at the first hurdle!
    MP was actually one of the easier profs to play when I was new to this game
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

It's not about it being easy to play. It's about the number of MPs who got to endgame and realized they would have been better off rolling almost anything else.

MPs, concept-wise, are still my favorite profession. But they can be extremely frustrating as a first main for reasons that are as much the fault of the rest of the playerbase as the actual way in which the concept of the MP was implemented by FC.

Cool

The biggest problem with MP's and why no one likes them in teams especially in Inferno is that the are high maintenance keeping track of ones pets so they are slow and everyone runs like hell on inferno mishes leaving them in the dust while they are controlling their pets. I just use my Rihwan pet and have a tigress bow on with beta symbs and am adequate in Inferno. What I like best about my MP is he is a good tradeskiller and I have all the nano skill buffs to help my org mates. All in all one of my favorite toons

It's not about it being easy to play. It's about the number of MPs who got to endgame and realized they would have been better off rolling almost anything else.
    If the "first hurdle" is when you reach end game, I'm sure she'd have fun on MP all the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    The biggest problem with MP's and why no one likes them in teams especially in Inferno
    When I was leveling my SL only MP; I got more inf hards on that than I have on NT or enf.

is that the are high maintenance keeping track of ones pets so they are slow and everyone runs like hell on inferno mishes leaving them in the dust while they are controlling their pets
    Maybe it's just me, but clicking the attack macro or follow macro doesn't take very much time at all. "Controlling my pets" has never left me in the dust.

Just my 2 cents;p
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    If the "first hurdle" is when you reach end game, I'm sure she'd have fun on MP all the way there.
    The problems that persist at endgame are present throughout the leveling process. Endgame is just the stage at which more of them give up the fight and reroll.

I agree with you that a good MP can be valuable to a team. I fought tooth and nail against the "shield MP in Inf looting chests with 2/3 pets on /follow and not casting a single nuke or debuff" stereotype, and I know I'm not the only one, but even after rolling one of almost every other profession and getting 8 of them to 220, I am still left with the impression that the majority of the playerbase has no damn clue what we can bring to the table and are therefore frustratingly prone to ignoring us altogether.

My crat feels equally as "busy" to play as my MP. It has the same need for multitasking, which I find fun. But you know what? I don't remember ever needing to convince other players of what that toon could bring to the table. Try telling strangers you OD soldiers with your MP (or at least used to, before more recent changes). They'll laugh at you and ask you to log something else.

The problems that persist at endgame are present throughout the leveling process. Endgame is just the stage at which more of them give up the fight and reroll.

I agree with you that a good MP can be valuable to a team. I fought tooth and nail against the "shield MP in Inf looting chests with 2/3 pets on /follow and not casting a single nuke or debuff" stereotype, and I know I'm not the only one, but even after rolling one of almost every other profession and getting 8 of them to 220, I am still left with the impression that the majority of the playerbase has no damn clue what we can bring to the table and are therefore frustratingly prone to ignoring us altogether.

My crat feels equally as "busy" to play as my MP. It has the same need for multitasking, which I find fun. But you know what? I don't remember ever needing to convince other players of what that toon could bring to the table. Try telling strangers you OD soldiers with your MP (or at least used to, before more recent changes). They'll laugh at you and ask you to log something else.
    I seconded you there. I could say half of end game MP problems come from player perception. No matter how many times I say MPs are better than Crats in some end game content, like Vortexx, nobody believes besides the doc and the fixer who did several fully sucesfull w/o a single death Vortexx with me.

Or when I say I OD almost every single solder ever, besides those heavily damage and fully PvM equiped. And you know, I'm a mass pvp focused bow MP. I forgot his name, but there is this german pistol MP who just managed to be in top1 DD on every single raid he was.

Hell man! I still have a screenshot back from 2008 when org beat Beast in FFA week with 8 players, 0 crats, 1 player dualloged. It was ever more funny cause the other org that were gathering to fight for it had 15 ppl and waiting for more when we decided to "ah, fck it, lets go!"
    Last edited by lainbr; Jul 4th, 2013 at 17:05:17. Reason: Make the effin text a bit less wall of text
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast