Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update, 1st July 2013

Steam?

What about steam integration? Not that i really like steam, but steam integration or origin integration would be an extremely nice thing to involve new ppl.

Question Can you define B2P please

With LOTRO you can buy any item or expansion with TP(turbine points) earned by TP farmed ingame via quests and quest lines or by purchasing TP points via a store and rl cash. Is this the B2P model you speak of?

Zoe! Welcome to the best faction ingame!

(flameoff)

A nice thing would be the ability to pay the secondary account(veteran) with ingame money that is a nice first step and ofc the main normally payed. Not sure if main one payable with ingame money is a good thing. Quite a mess in farming money. More than now for supple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    With LOTRO you can buy any item or expansion with TP(turbine points) earned by TP farmed ingame via quests and quest lines or by purchasing TP points via a store and rl cash. Is this the B2P model you speak of?

Zoe! Welcome to the best faction ingame!

(flameoff)
    id imagine the B2P is in reference to the secret world model where you buy the game and major content are i believe sold as DLC addons, the game has a subscription which has benefits but to play the base game doesnt need a subscription, another option thats been mentioned is a tradeable item in the store that gives you a months sub so people can sell a months sub like they do tokens/vp/breed changes now either options strike me as better for players and likely will get FC more money in the long run
    Last edited by blindio; Jul 8th, 2013 at 23:55:54.

I enjoyed the borealis events.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Can't wait till the closed beta - I'm assuming they will run it on the test server as they appear to have renamed it now to RK0. So I'm informed. I Like the hole in the ground were the dish was btw. and I'm waiting for the next instalment of the bore story line.

Quote Originally Posted by djcenox View Post
    What about steam integration? Not that i really like steam, but steam integration or origin integration would be an extremely nice thing to involve new ppl.
    I believe AO going on Steam is part of the plan for the future.
    Malentor - Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Can't wait till the closed beta - I'm assuming they will run it on the test server as they appear to have renamed it now to RK0. So I'm informed. I Like the hole in the ground were the dish was btw. and I'm waiting for the next instalment of the bore story line.
    Closed beta on open server?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    send us an invite to the beta testing and a re-subbing might be in order... yes, I'm attempting to bribe...

So much this. If i got an email inviting me to come back for closed beta, for free...that game would be downloaded and playing ASAP. And i would tell all my friends i use to play with to check their emails and do that too! (and i know its against EULA but i have to say it, i would tell them to download the client anyways and use my account to play for you know...further testing. More configurations, better results! Right?)

But yes, this is my fr00b name/account...i want to bring back my main! On updated graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi guys,
    Another year has passed for Anarchy Online - 12 years is a massive milestone for any online game and it is really thanks to the community that Anarchy Online is still kicking butt after all this time. So thank you for your support and enthusiasm in keeping Anarchy Online still alive!
    Honorable Mention - Still Alive
    We did it guys!

-Proud Member of SA

i expect a CB invite.
    drag me back !
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Closed beta I would assume will be for players who play the game regular and have stuck by the game through all the rough times and not for players who turned there back on the game. Because other wise it would not be fare to the players who have kept the game going.

Closed beta I would assume will be for players who play the game regular and have stuck by the game through all the rough times and not for players who turned there back on the game. Because other wise it would not be fare to the players who have kept the game going.
    why would FC care about being fair they care about money as all businesses do, i actually wouldnt mind such a beta being for people subbing or resubbing in a set period like the extra slots were on merger, if your paid you can get in seems fair to me

If the formula they used to determine who was getting 12 slots (versus 10) is any sign of how they define loyalty, then they'll give beta slots to current subscribers regardless of an accounts overall history or loyalty. Personally, I think that's short-sighted thinking and hopefully they don't apply the same logic to the beta as it would eliminate a big pool of old paid players and pretty much every froob.

Well, you don't pay, you don't play. Easy as that
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, you don't pay, you don't play. Easy as that
    I have 3 currently paid accounts but, like I said, I think that's a short-sighted approach to issuing beta invites for the new engine as it would exclude froobs and long-term/loyal players.

That approach might work for other games that have a much healthier game population but it wouldn't provide the best overall testing opportunity for AO.

I don't think so. Invite old players back to new engine beat without resources, texture updates, full of bugs, poor performance, crashes etc., sound like a good idea to you? O.o
    The Red Brotherhood

lol argue about it when actual inclusion criteria have been set, then theres actually something substantial to talk about xD
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I don't think so. Invite old players back to new engine beat without resources, texture updates, full of bugs, poor performance, crashes etc., sound like a good idea to you? O.o
    Yes, its a beta test.. the expectation is that it's not working 100%. Some people don't care for beta testing but those that would be interested in doing so should be given the opportunity. And.. please keep in mind that someone that isn't currently paid isn't necessarily some old player that hasn't been around in years. I took a 9 month leave myself, but that doesn't mean I wasn't keeping up with what was going on in the game or that I was out of date in any way.

And, again, don't forget the froob AO population that would be excluded if only paid players were issued beta invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    lol argue about it when actual inclusion criteria have been set, then theres actually something substantial to talk about xD
    Historically, the best time to discuss something is way before funcom does it with the hopes they take some of the chatter into consideration when making decisions.

I just said it should be for current players - not for people who will come back just to play the beta - as chances are that if they don't play the game now because of the content they are not going to stay around very long, why should they have the chance to see the new and improved AO.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast