Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    As awesome as new engine update from 5 years ago?
    Naw, about as awesome as one dude making you, and your whole org ragequit

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    If that one guy is Funcom employee then yeah ur right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Like, really really? Or just an FC kinda really?
    Stop trolling and come back to IRC!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The Treatment Transfer nano can.. Can lowbies use it?
    If that's the case, this game has finally turned completely into pay2win. One more reason to never resub again.

Quote Originally Posted by Murskaink2 View Post
    If that's the case, this game has finally turned completely into pay2win. One more reason to never resub again.
    TT is level 201.

And please. Leave your negativity outside the forums, the fact that you even post here clearly identifies you as a hypocrite.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

If it was like that, which I am pretty sure the developers thought of, then it would be the first pay2win item out there. So how did you think now?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    If it was like that, which I am pretty sure the developers thought of, then it would be the first pay2win item out there. So how did you think now?
    There is already Neuronal Stimulator nanocan that froobs can use. So the pay2win element is already here. They can pay real money for an item that is impossible for them to use any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    TT is level 201.
    The perk is locked to 201, but the buff it gives isn't. That made me concerned.

There is already Neuronal Stimulator nanocan that froobs can use. So the pay2win element is already here. They can pay real money for an item that is impossible for them to use any other way.
    Although I too dislike people getting access to things via the item store which they wouldn't otherwise have access to... I kind of have to admit that Neuronal Stimulator is a little bit special. What's the difference between paying on a on-needed basis, and paying for a subscription? In both cases you have to pay real money to have access to this buff.

Let's just hope that the item store version of Treatment Transfer isn't giving any more advantages than the increase in duration.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 15:58:34.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The buffstuff in itemshop is a bit antisocial imo. It's an mmo! They could put a doctor in surgery-clinic tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    For god's sake or for the empty blackness of atheism,
    Or by odin's holy ravens.

Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Leave your negativity outside the forums, the fact that you even post here clearly identifies you as a hypocrite.
    I really don't understand this. How does posting in the forums make me hypocrite?

The perk is locked to 201, but the buff it gives isn't. That made me concerned.
    Target Level >= 201 for Treatment Transfer
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Except he wasn't the reason, nor did anyone ragequit. Yes the principal reason is the official endorsement of multiboxing, as well as how unprofessionally FC handled certain events lately.

Ofcourse one could argue that we should all just tough it out and wait for FC to wake up and realize what the implications of some of their decisions are. But.. looking at FC's history, that's not going to happen any time soon. Remember SB+OS? It took me about 5 seconds to figure out what a disaster it would be for tl7 NW. But it took the pro's at FC 3+ years.

Regarding multiboxing, here's a msg from the very top of FC:

"When it comes to multiboxing, it would take time for us to investigate each case of this. I would rather have customer service actually helping people rather than just tracking down people who own multiple accounts and plΰy them at the same time. The difference between dual logging and sending the same beyboard commands to all accounts you have logged in is minimal."

We can read at least two things out of that message.

1. The GD of ao has no clue of how exactly multiboxing "enhances" your ability to play multiple accounts. She believes the difference between alt tabbing 6 accounts and multiboxing is "minimal".
    2. FC has no resources to track this.

So this is to me conclusive proof that the ppl in the wheelhouse are just not knowledgable enough to make correct decisions as well as it is a testament to the dire state of FC's financials, when they have to pick and choose what to pursue ig.

You can call me a ragequitter for making the decision to not keep pouring money into this company at this time all you like, feel free. Just as I could call you names for supporting this seemingly hopeless cause.

One more thing, since you are kind of attacking my org directly. Which other org on clan side held fields during the 2006-2009 omni reign? Not many, I can tell you that. But EQ at least had tl5 for most of that time. So yeah, we toughed it out during those years.

But not this time. It's just no fun any more and there's no hope of FC changing it's mind because they just don't know any better, and even if they did, they have no resources to fix the problem. So unless there is some kidn of major miracle, see you in some other game maybe.
    Last edited by Armus; Aug 25th, 2013 at 12:16:12.

Moderator strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Except he wasn't the reason, nor did anyone ragequit. Yes the principal reason is the official endorsement of multiboxing, as well as how unprofessionally FC handled certain events lately.

Ofcourse one could argue that we should all just tough it out and wait for FC to wake up and realize what the implications of some of their decisions are. But.. looking at FC's history, that's not going to happen any time soon. Remember SB+OS? It took me about 5 seconds to figure out what a disaster it would be for tl7 NW. But it took the pro's at FC 3+ years.

Regarding multiboxing, here's a msg from the very top of FC:

"When it comes to multiboxing, it would take time for us to investigate each case of this. I would rather have customer service actually helping people rather than just tracking down people who own multiple accounts and plΰy them at the same time. The difference between dual logging and sending the same beyboard commands to all accounts you have logged in is minimal."

We can read at least two things out of that message.

1. The GD of ao has no clue of how exactly multiboxing "enhances" your ability to play multiple accounts. She believes the difference between alt tabbing 6 accounts and multiboxing is "minimal".
    2. FC has no resources to track this.

So this is to me conclusive proof that the ppl in the wheelhouse are just not knowledgable enough to make correct decisions as well as it is a testament to the dire state of FC's financials, when they have to pick and choose what to pursue ig.

You can call me a ragequitter for making the decision to not keep pouring money into this company at this time all you like, feel free. Just as I could call you names for supporting this seemingly hopeless cause.

One more thing, since you are kind of attacking my org directly. Which other org on clan side held fields during the 2006-2009 omni reign? Not many, I can tell you that. But EQ at least had tl5 for most of that time. So yeah, we toughed it out during those years.

But not this time. It's just no fun any more and there's no hope of FC changing it's mind because they just don't know any better, and even if they did, they have no resources to fix the problem. So unless there is some kidn of major miracle, see you in some other game maybe.

Its all funny! but life stories ftw. wanna know what clan org other than you that has held feilds for 06 - 09? None, because they all went outside, and enjoyed life from 06-09.

Its all funny! but life stories ftw. wanna know what clan org other than you that has held feilds for 06 - 09? None, because they all went outside, and enjoyed life from 06-09.
    Not true, they went pvm, most of them anyway. But.. saying that, I think you'll agree that dumping the game before it goes into another ice age, caused by FC itself, is probably a good idea this time.

Suddenly an expert on RK1 towers appears!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Suddenly an expert on RK1 towers appears!
    Suddenly a quote that doesn't even make sense appears! If you wouldn't mind pointing out where I said I even do towers/or care about them. I would gladly like to see. I have no intrest in such sillyness

Well I assumed you were an expert, since you sure sounded confident of your position about Clan RK1 towers between 06-09.

This kinda sucks.

I've remained faithful that the game of my childhood would make a triumphant return since 2007. That's about 6 years that I've religiously read weekly/monthly/wheneverly developer community updates. It's been 6 years since they announced they would be redoing AO's engine based on Ogre. It's been 6 years, but I remain faithful, because even Valve is beginning to show signs of Half-Life 3.

But the grounds have changed.

AO is no longer retaining its subscribers. Even with the dimensions consolidated, it still does not compare to RK2 of a mere two years ago. AO is treading dangerous ground of being more effort than it's worth, and so it feels the need to resort to more sleazy means of getting money.

Levelling the playfield with instanced cities, P2W model, standard auction house, and the deconstruction of Notum Wars.

What will make the game truly unique after the former are completed? Why will new players feel compelled to explore the world when they can see naught but an undetailed forest in the distance? What will become of the dungeon crawling and teamwork AO is known for when people could pay their way through it (we already knew this in the form of kiters)?

We all know the kind of backlash developers receive when they take a game in a new direction for the sake of market availability. We, the players of this game, like AO not because it's great; everything about it content-wise is mediocre or worse by today's standards. We like it because it's unique. Remove the uniquity and you have a generic game subject to review on the level of other MMOs.
    Last edited by Reacon; Aug 26th, 2013 at 17:01:03.

I don't really have a problem with the pay 2 play. The only difference we are talking about here is time versus money. Anything can be obtained in game with enough time. If people are willing to pay to save time more power to them. I have always believed time=money so to me it's subjective.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast