Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

3 Merged Servers and a population like into a summerhole
    and still greedy 17.19€ monthly subscribe !!!
    better to explain
    US pay 15$
    EU pay 22$
    UK pay 25$

lower it or u can shut the last dim off.

ignore it or punish me as in past years where i bother to lower subscribe.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    3 Merged Servers and a population like into a summerhole
    and still greedy 17.19€ monthly subscribe !!!
    better to explain
    US pay 15$
    EU pay 22$
    UK pay 25$
    Seriously??? Dude it's like the cost of dinner and a movie for 1 month game time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

It's not even close to either of those
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

@Psikie
    the EU is Bankruptcy
    50% of spain kids did not get a job education or a job after school.
    the cinema into my city is "out of order" forever (illegal stream΄s guilty)
    the most restaurants closed too around my location and a pizza cost 5 bucks
    not enough left to pay the bill.
    badly paid part-time jobs where ever u take a look !!!
    not enough to survive and to much to die.

and then did u come with a sentence with cost of dinner and a movie for 1 month game time.
    this one got a longer beard as gandalf.

ps.
    Pizza is not a dinner
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    @Psikie
    the EU is Bankruptcy
    I feel for you situation, but it was purely an example that 1 night out for you and a date is around the cost of 1 month of AO.

Personally it costs me around $30-$40 US for a dinner and movie date night so I think AO is a bargain.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Personally it costs me around $30-$40 US for a dinner and movie date night so I think AO is a bargain.
    Sure, but can you give a good reason why Euros should pay 33% more (VAT goes on top of that) compared to americans, for the same game?

Seriously??? Dude it's like the cost of dinner and a movie for 1 month game time.
    Here in Norway you'll have serious problems to find a resturant that charges less than 200$ for a date meal for two and a bottle of wine, and that's a pretty medium resturant. I was on a date on last Friday and went to a typical date resturant and paid 400$ for the meal and a bottle of wine...

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Sure, but can you give a good reason why Euros should pay 33% more (VAT goes on top of that) compared to americans, for the same game?
    This + you can't compare it with movie or restaurant. Other MMO are the only viable comparison and how well does it retain its customers. Not very well if you ask me...
    Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

The point is...for less than the cost of 1 night out on the town I can get entire month worth of AO.

If you do not feel AO is a good value for your money you have a choice not to pay for it. You can't simply complain to the seller that you do not like the price of the subscription and expect to get it lowered. The price is set and you can choose to pay for it or not. Whether you think it is fair value or not you still have a choice on spending your money. The same way you can not complain to a resturant that the price of dinner or drinks is too much. You either order from the menu or you leave. You have a choice to spend your money on the product "as is" or shop somewhere else. It really is that simple.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The price is set and you can choose to pay for it or not.
    So why do you think it's reasonable for euros to pay 33% more than americans for the exact same product?

So why do you think it's reasonable for euros to pay 33% more than americans for the exact same product?
    Never said I thought it was reasonable or fair, just that you have a choice to pay for it or not.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The point is...for less than the cost of 1 night out on the town I can get entire month worth of AO.
    I get you point but that's not how the market works. If the price is unreasonably high while other comparable products (MMOs) are cheaper or free of charge then players start leaving. The game would have to be extraordinary or have an extraordinary support (frequent updates etc.) or both in the same time to justify the price and let's face it - while AO has some unique aspects it's neither of mentioned.

If you do not feel AO is a good value for your money you have a choice not to pay for it. You can't simply complain to the seller that you do not like the price of the subscription and expect to get it lowered. The price is set and you can choose to pay for it or not. Whether you think it is fair value or not you still have a choice on spending your money. The same way you can not complain to a resturant that the price of dinner or drinks is too much. You either order from the menu or you leave. You have a choice to spend your money on the product "as is" or shop somewhere else. It really is that simple.
    It certainly is our right not to pay but that doesn't mean we have to remain silent and never talk about it.
    Last edited by Scotty; Aug 27th, 2013 at 22:24:49.
    Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

Why don't you guys in the UK make buddies with the guys in the US, then say, look bro, I'll send you the equivalent of 1 month AO sub in US plus 5 bucks tip, if you pay my sub.

The buddy in the USA makes 5 bucks and you get a 5 dollar discount.

win win?

Never said I thought it was reasonable or fair, just that you have a choice to pay for it or not.
    Do you think it's fair that euros get to pay more than americans?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Why don't you guys in the UK make buddies with the guys in the US, then say, look bro, I'll send you the equivalent of 1 month AO sub in US plus 5 bucks tip, if you pay my sub.

The buddy in the USA makes 5 bucks and you get a 5 dollar discount.

win win?
    Because that's 1. Account sharing, 2. Risky.

Do you think it's fair that euros get to pay more than americans?
    His point is that you're not being forced to pay for AO. You choose to pay for AO, despite the difference in costs, so it must not be as big a deal as most Euros make it out to be.

There is a significant issue - let me just explain that mine reset itself. For the first year, I paid £60. Not too bad, cause I love the game.
    It upped to £90 the next year cause it decided that Pounds Sterling isn't a currency, and I should pay Euros - I should atleast get to choose which one.

FYI, I'm not in the eurozone. I'm English. Very much so. And for some reason unbeknownst to me or anyone on here, I'm paying in Euros. It automatically changed. I set my billing address to Antarctica for the first year to AVOID it.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    There is a significant issue
    Then cancel your subscription.

No? Thought so.

To be fair, I have. I'm froobing until it's fixed (When my account freezes)
    I'm Batman.

I finally figured out why they charge an extra 33% for euro than USA customers. It's because they cost 33% more in forum HDD space, whining, complaints and support :^) *ducks and hides*
    Last edited by Mastura; Aug 28th, 2013 at 01:38:06.
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast