Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duel rank reset for 20 dollar yes please. why? becose it will make more people duel.

duel rank reset for 20 dollar yes please. why? becose it will make more people duel.

duel rank reset for 20 dollar yes please. why? becose it will make more people duel.
    and you get a god mountly extra income from people who is rly into haveing good stats.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 9th, 2013 at 20:48:14.

what would be the point in having the stats then if you can reset them for money?

why would this make more people duel? please explain.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

becose people seem to be extremly upset with duel score. there is a bunch that dont duel becose of it. they have 0 duel score becose they dont wana look bad when people watch their score.
    its like add solo deats to info board and they stop do battle stations and towers. the option to reset will give people who likes to duel more people to .

and no i have no intrest to reset my scores if you would aim for that i want it. i have nice duel scores on my main alts,, and for me i like to keep it.

anyways its a option, none forces u to buy the reset, but for sure many would, and that benefits me since i get more to duels.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 10th, 2013 at 15:29:41.

I dont see why not.

Atleast when i got my first alien death some many years ago, i was kinda annoyed. Mainly because it happend because of server lag/rubberbanding, and i would have gladly payed to reset it.

I think Le-Quack has a valid point.

People are different, we all have our small qwerks and flaws, its all part of the charm, and if it would feed the hamster.. go for it!

it's an epeen thing why not let em stro... have it
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

LOL I do not care about duel score on any of my characters.
    Any idea that brings more income to FC and allows to support AO i fine for me.

I would even suggest that you could buy "kill pack" - 100 duel kills for 10$
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

So let me get this straight:

Someone sucks at /duel and is ashamed of their score.
    They pay FC 20 bucks to reset the score.
    Now, they either:
    1. Never /duel again, preserving their new shame free score, or...
    2. They go right back at it, racking up new losses so they can pay FC another 20 bucks in the future.

I am betting that almost everyone who would consider paying for this would never duel again.

If you're that mad about your duel ranking, it's even simpler.
    Can't live with that 1 duel loss? Re-roll the character. Done.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Farm 2000 duels or so and you stop caring about the wins and losses and you actually have fun. Got to the point on my agent where I would slaughter the paid twinks and let the froobs kill me for actually giving the duel a shot.

I think this was a legit idea. Any way to generate more income for FC so that they can focus more on investing in the game is a win in my book. Forum trolls are always close-minded about the game. If someone is willing to spend 20 bucks on a stat reset- go ahead and waste your money if it benefits the game in the long run imo.

Get an alt and duel yourself, be sure the right guy wins......

OK. Here is a free solution for everyone.

1) Remove duel lose stats.
    2) Make the duel score vice versa according to win/lose. (That would basically mean you would have only one kind of duel stats -"duel wins" or "duel score". The number would show how many duels you have won - if you lose the duel, you simply get one duel win less.

There would be no abuse to this system and people who are actually ashamed by their duel stats would calm down.

NOTE: This could probably contain some updates to duel wins amount to get a rank + this would be fairy similar to the old loved fashion pvp system since you could win and lose your rank by that.

Easy as that and free

How would this look like in a reality?

Imagine you have a character with 600 duel wins and 300 duel losses. At this moment your rank is Apprentice. By the changes update you would have only 300 duel wins and your rank would drop to Rookie (depending on total duel points) (Yes this could make people hate it for a while but not for a long time).

Solved
    Last edited by Hell; Dec 7th, 2013 at 19:21:01.
    ||| 220/30 MA - "Hellangel" |||
    ||| 220/30 Doc - "Leontynka" ||| 220/30 Crat - "Qanel"
    ||| 220/30 Fix - "Sure" ||| 220/30 Keeper - "Haqa"
    ||| 220/30 Enf - "Renai" ||| 172/24 Adv - "Partyzanka"
    ||| 220/30 Adv - "Dadey" ||| 150/20 MA - "Juda"
    ||| 220/30 Engi - "Hatatitla" ||| 110/12 ENF - "Peklo"
    ||| 220/30 NT - "Kituska" ||| 95/10 NT - "Piddltlipatz"
    ||| [Come Get Some] |||

Remove duel losses... job done
    Varsbot
    Variable004

not a bad idea Hell. self balancing v duel losses, but at the same time, it shows no losses, only how much you've progressed into wins. however, I think it should be based ONLY on points, not the number of wins. leave diminishing returns in place, and this would work very well.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

./duelstats

./duel

two kinds of duels. One that adds to stats, one that does now. Both function exactly the same way.

You can practive/have fun. And try to build up your duel score.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Silly rabbit most of the players dont duel at all.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    How do you 'make' people duel?
    People who do not duel, do it for their own reasons. Not all of them are because they are ashamed of some stupid external perception about scores.
    I do like the fact that duels are in game, but nothing about that system ever made me care about the points.

Points are for farmers.

I just don't even see this as a viable thing to pester developers over, because it essentially is not an inconvenience in any way other than how other players may potentially perceive the win/loss ratio. Even IF the developers do something, whats to stop another minority from arguing the other side?

I'm all for customer service, but lets be honest: 1. Customer Service from FC? lol, what? 2. I'd rather see content added than some sort of fixing based upon a few individuals who need to hide something.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    How do you 'make' people duel?
    People who do not duel, do it for their own reasons. Not all of them are because they are ashamed of some stupid external perception about scores.
    I do like the fact that duels are in game, but nothing about that system ever made me care about the points.

Points are for farmers.

I just don't even see this as a viable thing to pester developers over, because it essentially is not an inconvenience in any way other than how other players may potentially perceive the win/loss ratio. Even IF the developers do something, whats to stop another minority from arguing the other side?

I'm all for customer service, but lets be honest: 1. Customer Service from FC? lol, what? 2. I'd rather see content added than some sort of fixing based upon a few individuals who need to hide something.
    well if funcom wrote they would add a aditional score stats on info about your character caled solo deaths people would rage and stop fight/flag etc, people are so damn into stats that it hurts those who dont care so much and just wanna duel and fight.

i know so many around that wanna duel but they refuse to have it on their scoreboard and insist that the duel has to be inside a arena to death so they dont have to get it on their scoreboard.
    also i dont see the issue to possible add it so they can have some income, they for sure wouldnt loose on selling it, and it would benefit the duel player like me to get those who hugs their scoreboard to finaly duel becose they know they can reset it

I suggested this mamy times. Then it happened. Im not going to reset it again but i farmed like 5k wins and 2k lossses. Was nice to see 0/0 again. But now no one wanna. Then they nerf pvp enfs. Now 35wins / 49 losses. Pls unnerf enfs thx. And no duels to shade/sold/two shield mp. Fgts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast